The New Runcorn Bridge

krugerandsmith

The new Runcorn bridge over the River Mersey opens at midnight tonight. Nine companies involved with its construction, only one British. Cars will pay £2 to cross, Wagons £8

The existing bridge which has been open and used for fifty years is now also going to become a Toll bridge costing £2 to cross. The only other way to cross the river is either through Warrington town centre or through the one of the two Mersey tunnels at Birkenhead and Wallasey both at the moment charging £1.70 for cars but you can bet your bottom dollar will soon be going up to match the bridges.

Question.

There are over twenty bridges crossing the Thames at London. How many are Toll bridges?

ah but its still only 10p mice.but you have to register for runcorn and if you dont pay within 24 hours you get issued a penalty notice,,,thats what i read so i wont be using it, its the thelwall ski jump for me.

Edited by hawkfanz

I do it once twice a week. Usually try and set off from m6 jct 27 before 6-30 otherwise you may as well wait until 10am.

Strangely I went to Liverpool city centre this morning set off at 07-00 expecting to get stuck in traffic but straight there no hold ups...very unusual

How much is the toll bridge in Bristol? Simple really pay or go the slow way.

What about Warburton toll bridge in Warrington, they have been charging as long as I can remember and they don't even own the bridge.

I cross that bridge when I go pigeon shooting, 25p return ! I love it ha

Certainly not cheap but an hour through Warrington in grid lock or £2 I'll pay, same as the M6 toll its only every now and then we use it but its great.

As for Warby bridge not Been over in years but I'm amazed its only 25p return.

If you have to register then pay does that mean there are no booths then? I imagine a lot of folk are going to be getting fines.

Certainly not cheap but an hour through Warrington in grid lock or £2 I'll pay, same as the M6 toll its only every now and then we use it but its great.

If you have to register then pay does that mean there are no booths then? I imagine a lot of folk are going to be getting fines.

No booths. Registration recognition cameras. Locals vetted by price of their property as to wether they get concessions. Signs over the approach roads do not inform drivers that this is a toll bridge and could take strangers to the area by surprise when they receive the bill. failure to pay knowingly or not is an £80 fine.

Yes but you do have a choice ... to pay or not to pay depending on which motorway you use. Here you have no choice ..... You Pay.

I believe that it is free for 'Locals'. (Runcorn)

Not free though for local businesses who have staff using the bridge daily... £72/month of taxed earnings isn't insignificant and I doubt every firm affected will be able (or want) to help their staff out with it.

Not free though for local businesses who have staff using the bridge daily... £72/month of taxed earnings isn't insignificant and I doubt every firm affected will be able (or want) to help their staff out with it.

No chance of that happening. One haulage company says that their wagons crossover at least twenty times a day. Now you don't have to be a contestant for Mastermind to guess where the extra cost is going to come from.