Joshua vs Takam

DannyS

Whats peoples thoughts? Hard to see past Josh again?

AJ weighed in at over 18 stone which is his heaviest ever, so i would guess hes just gunna go in and try to blast him out in the first few rounds. He gassed pretty quick against klich and wasnt as heavy so could be dangerous.

I dont no why but i fear an upset, if he doesnt get rid of Takam in the early rounds it could be trouble...

Whats everyone's thoughts?

straightforward win. AJ's not one to get complacent.

Katie Taylor's opponent has missed the weight, but the fight still goes on. The belt is on the line - but only if Taylor wins! If she takes the win, she takes the belt, but if Anahi Sanchez wins, the belt remains vacant. she'll get a pretty raucous crowd, so hopefully sh can take it

I was thinking about this earlier having read something about AJ's public 'nice man' image and then saw he was over 18 stone. I'm sure AJ with all his victories, some lightning quick, hasn't fallen into the Mike Tyson trap. AJ says he's hungry still, I hope so because Takam definitely is and his years have nearly run out...Tyson took his foot off the accelerator prior to the fight, put on weight, became a 'personality' and 'Old' Buster Douglas knocked him out in 10 rounds in Tokyo in February 1990. The impossible happened..

I'm sure AJ has the right mind set though and will beat Takam. Just hope he doesn't let it go too long and get caught by a desperate Takam.

I was thinking about this earlier having read something about AJ's public 'nice man' image and then saw he was over 18 stone. I'm sure AJ with all his victories, some lightning quick, hasn't fallen into the Mike Tyson trap. AJ says he's hungry still, I hope so because Takam definitely is and his years have nearly run out...Tyson took his foot off the accelerator prior to the fight, put on weight, became a 'personality' and 'Old' Buster Douglas knocked him out in 10 rounds in Tokyo in February 1990. The impossible happened..

I'm sure AJ has the right mind set though and will beat Takam. Just hope he doesn't let it go too long and get caught by a desperate Takam.

Not to mention Lennox Lewis. Came into the Rahman seriously under-prepared and under-cooked. I'm not even sure he took McCall seriously either and the result is two losses that tarnish a legacy. The longer AJ stays hungry, the better. But time and increasing number of opponents beaten makes that tricky

So who's next? Fury, Wilder or Parker?

I doubt the Fury fight is on the cards any time soon. I'd like to see him take the tough route and take on Parker then Wilder. Plenty of people want to see wilder face Parker for the right to meet Joshua, but no one can question AJ if he takes them both on and beats them.

Parker could be a tricky number too. He has no technique and no foot movement, but he does throw massive punches. It would be good to see AJ forced into fighting with his brain and not risk getting caught into a slugging contest where one shot can cost everything. AJ loves a brawl, but a brawl is the only way Parker can beat him.

So who's next? Fury, Wilder or Parker?

I doubt the Fury fight is on the cards any time soon. I'd like to see him take the tough route and take on Parker then Wilder. Plenty of people want to see wilder face Parker for the right to meet Joshua, but no one can question AJ if he takes them both on and beats them.

Parker could be a tricky number too. He has no technique and no foot movement, but he does throw massive punches. It would be good to see AJ forced into fighting with his brain and not risk getting caught into a slugging contest where one shot can cost everything. AJ loves a brawl, but a brawl is the only way Parker can beat him.

anyone who is put in front of him aj won't back out of any fight its all about whatever hearn can get for him

anyone who is put in front of him aj won't back out of any fight its all about whatever hearn can get for him

oh yeah for sure, Joshua will happily take on anyone, but I'd like to see him fight with his brain, develop and demonstrate cunning and skill, not just be a wrecking ball. That's why I'd like to see him take out Parker first. Showcase some defence and some slight of foot. He needs to show he can avoid punches rather than just walk through them. That will be hugely beneficial for a complete unification with with Wilder.