Bolton, not the town

henry d

They did always seem a one issue party which has ultimately been achieved. I was far more supportive of many of their other policies, flat tax for instance, than exiting the uk but for the vast bulk of their voters they now offer nothing they can't get from labour or the conservatives other than a chance to split the vote of their preferred governing party such that they are less likely to gain a majority. 

By the next general election I reckon ukip will essentially be history. 

The party achieved it's aim when Britain voted for Brexit and it should have been disbanded soon after the vote.

What Bolton's girlfriend said is not quite but almost irrelevant. They were her words not his. Are we all to be held responsible for what our wives and girlfriends say?

I agree that UKIP are a one issue party that have passed their "use by" date. The problem is, if UKIP go ponto, we will have a two party state.......the Greens, Liberal Democrats, and the other fringe party's are a wasted vote.....

So who/what do we vote for?

Conservatives who would continue to privatise everything including the NHS, social and healthcare or an increasingly hard left wing labour, who would put the country into massive debt....a debt which our children and children's children will continue to service.............forever?

Edited by panoma1

44 minutes ago, JDog said:

What Bolton's girlfriend said is not quite but almost irrelevant. They were her words not his. Are we all to be held responsible for what our wives and girlfriends say?

I would expect Mps to be held to a higher level of account than Joe blogs on the street, how can he stand as the leader of a party if he has a relationship with someone who is clearly racist and what message does that send to the people if he was ever put into power.

47 minutes ago, JDog said:

The party achieved it's aim when Britain voted for Brexit and it should have been disbanded soon after the vote.

Anyone who wants high office should have relationships with others who know what is allowed and what is not in a polite society.

38 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I agree that UKIP are a one issue party that have passed their "use by" date. The problem is, if UKIP go ponto, we will have a two party state.......the Greens, Liberal Democrats, and the other fringe party's are a wasted vote.....

So who/what do we vote for?

Conservatives who would continue to privatise everything including the NHS, social and healthcare or an increasingly hard left wing labour, who would put the country into massive debt....a debt which our children and children's children will continue to service.............forever?

Politicians are representatives of the people who are in their constituency, therefore you can hold your local MP etc to account if they do not do your bidding. Yes a child like view but it worked for UKIP, and you can start a groundswell of change if there are enough of you. Don`t like what the **** party is doing, lobby them, go to the local MP`s surgery, get active

39 minutes ago, henry d said:

Anyone who wants high office should have relationships with others who know what is allowed and what is not in a polite society.

Politicians are representatives of the people who are in their constituency, therefore you can hold your local MP etc to account if they do not do your bidding. Yes a child like view but it worked for UKIP, and you can start a groundswell of change if there are enough of you. Don`t like what the **** party is doing, lobby them, go to the local MP`s surgery, get active

I have lobbied my MP many times about shooting related issues! He comes up with the same story, he has always voted against live quarry shooting...and always will!..... shooting is a minority activity, so with him it doesn't work! There is nothing to be gained for him by supporting it? When the urban majority don't care how he votes on countryside issues and the people who don't/won't understand shooting, he would risk losing a significant number of votes if he came out in support!

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I would expect Mps to be held to a higher level of account than Joe blogs on the street, how can he stand as the leader of a party if he has a relationship with someone who is clearly racist and what message does that send to the people if he was ever put into power.

Did he not ditch her when the muck it the fan?

I guess the question is, did he know her views before she put them on social media?

Edited by old'un

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Did he not ditch her when the muck it the fan?

I guess the question is, did he know her views before she put them on social media?

Yes although i beleive he was then seen with her at a later date, suggesting he probably lied.

43 minutes ago, JDog said:

Bolton was seeing the girl for carnal purposes only.

I would have disliked intensely to have been linked with the political views, racial viewpoint or intellect of any of the ladies I used to meet for the same reason.

You raise a fair point, but I doubt you were attempting to be the leader of the uk at the time.

19 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I have lobbied my MP many times about shooting related issues! He comes up with the same story, he has always voted against live quarry shooting...and always will!..... shooting is a minority activity, so with him it doesn't work! There is nothing to be gained for him by supporting it? When the urban majority don't care how he votes on countryside issues and the people who don't/won't understand shooting, he would risk losing a significant number of votes if he came out in support!

perhaps you went about it the wrong way? Politicians look after their own interests and the flow of money/power is one of them. Go prepared with the pounds shillings and pence that are spent on fieldsports, how many people are employed directly and indirectly, how many hours people are using for recreation and how that has increased....

Change the framework of how people think about things and you change the culture