Teague chokes

islandgun

Ive an old Beretta O/U I like using but feel that its too open for the bulk of shooting i do.( Improved Cylinder and 1/4) im not happy with the pattern using larger shot 2-3's' It occurs  to me that 3/4 might be better, I know nothing about Teague chokes and wondered if anyone uses them and if so what is your opinion please...... I use Lead, hevi, ITX and steel

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

IG, I presume your old Beretta has Mobil chokes, if that is the case any Mobil choke will fit in whether it be Teague, Briley or any one of a host of after market makers.

No mate its fixed, i assumed  (probably wrongly) that you could get the choke manufacturer to fit the chokes 

Edited by islandgun

In that case you will need to spend a lot of money, approximately £400 to have it turned in to a Multi-Choked gun.

An alternative would be to have Teague fit new permanent chokes of a constriction of your choice.

Here are the company contact details;

TEAGUE Precision Chokes
The Dairy Farm,
Pinkney Park,
Malmesbury
Wiltshire,
SN16 0NX

01666 841 496

sales@teaguechokes.com

As an after thought, it may be cheaper and easier to find another set of Beretta barrels with the Mobil choke pockets already fitted. 

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

In that case you will need to spend a lot of money, approximately £400 to have it turned in to a Multi-Choked gun.

An alternative would be to have Teague fit new permanent chokes of a constriction of your choice.

TEAGUE Precision Chokes
The Dairy Farm,
Pinkney Park,
Malmesbury
Wiltshire,
SN16 0NX

01666 841 496

sales@teaguechokes.com

Thanks for that, I had hoped they were less than permanent and would allow me to remove them if needed, I will contact the company, cheers

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

TEAGUE Precision Chokes
The Dairy Farm,
Pinkney Park,
Malmesbury
Wiltshire,
SN16 0NX

01666 841 496

sales@teaguechokes.com

As an after thought, it may be cheaper and easier to find another set of Beretta barrels with the Mobil choke pockets already fitted. 

Thats a good idea..:good: will be having a look

6 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Probably be cheaper to PX your existing gun for a M/C?

Also a good idea.. cheers

44 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Indeed, new chokes in an old favourite or another gun...... Im liking new chokes just now..:good:

One of my favourites is an old Beretta skeet gun retro fitted (not by me ) With Teague chokes, I love it, a great game gun, the chokes are marked with the guns serial number, & additional chokes can be ordered  (apparently) by quoting this number.

3 hours ago, guzzicat said:

One of my favourites is an old Beretta skeet gun retro fitted (not by me ) With Teague chokes, I love it, a great game gun, the chokes are marked with the guns serial number, & additional chokes can be ordered  (apparently) by quoting this number.

They measure the bore first and record it together with the serial no, then match the choke constrictions to that bore size. The reasoning is that bores can vary from the specs by a few thou either way.

4 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Is that a multi choke or fixed, if fixed what choke is it, or which chokes do you prefer  

Edited by islandgun

4 hours ago, guzzicat said:

With Teague chokes, I love it, a great game gun, the chokes are marked with the guns serial number, & additional chokes can be ordered  (apparently) by quoting this number.

They can indeed supply additional ones from the number.  I have ordered a replacement that way and it was fine.

Having Teague choked fitted to an old gun is a bit of a 'luxury' in that really, it isn't economically viable.  My gun was done by a previous owner.  It is however nice to keep a gun you like and 'get on well with' and may be worthwhile from that angle.

5 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Yes; additional chokes are ordered by simply phoning and quoting the relevant number. 

I have two guns fitted with after market Teagues ( by previous owners ) and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to fill both boxes by ordering the missing chokes. Can’t for the life of me think why as I never change them! 

25 minutes ago, Westley said:

Keep your O/U  for game/pigeons and buy a 3 or 3 1/2 " magnum semi auto which is 'steel' proofed and has a M/C barrel, job done  !

That certainly is an option,  perhaps a trip to the mainland with some part ex's might be the way to go.

2 hours ago, Westley said:

Keep your O/U  for game/pigeons and buy a 3 or 3 1/2 " magnum semi auto which is 'steel' proofed and has a M/C barrel, job done  !

This is a clear option and gets you around your problem, gaining another gun into the bargain and if a budget model semi or used example potentialy a money saver over multi choking your OU .

Most fixed chokes i have are full or on the tight side, but i do use a nikko 5000 skeet it is used as a knock about and is my go to gun much of the time, i found the RC sipe cartridges in 5s seems to pattern tight in this gun the 6s less so, just saying perhaps trying a few different loads could throw up a tighter pattern more suited to your requirements without changing anything.

22 hours ago, islandgun said:

Ive an old Beretta O/U I like using but feel that its too open for the bulk of shooting i do.( Improved Cylinder and 1/4) im not happy with the pattern using larger shot 2-3's' It occurs  to me that 3/4 might be better, I know nothing about Teague chokes and wondered if anyone uses them and if so what is your opinion please...... I use Lead, hevi, ITX and steel

Do not use steel through any choke greater that 1/2 .

23 hours ago, Westward said:

They measure the bore first and record it together with the serial no, then match the choke constrictions to that bore size. The reasoning is that bores can vary from the specs by a few thou either way.

If the bores are too open though, they won't be able to fit chokes. There needs to be enough meat to machine.

Also £400 is very conservative an estimate, once you factor in the extra chokes your going to be nearer £600 +

29 minutes ago, jpigeon3 said:

If the bores are too open though, they won't be able to fit chokes. There needs to be enough meat to machine.

Also £400 is very conservative an estimate, once you factor in the extra chokes your going to be nearer £600 +

So used Beretta auto territory then  ?