Rules..for the many, or the few ?

Rewulf

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to look at this dispassionately and realise that all she was trying to avoid was a £60 fine and three points on her licence. now she faces jail (I hope), the loss of her parliamentary career , plus as she is a solicitor she will probably be disbarred, and a massive legal bill.

Incredible arrogance, she really believed she was untouchable 

1 minute ago, Dibble said:

She's a member of an African church, it's a bit different, bit more like a nightclub, with similar attire, alcohol and food.

Trust me, I've been to a service, and I'm not joking.

43 minutes ago, Dibble said:

Was the sermon good? I've listened outside a church in Bermondsey  to the Pastor going over one line again and again until he was happy, thinking it must be an amazing performance at the end.

It was an experience!
One unnerving part of it was when the drummer went into what I can only describe as a religious 'frenzy' , he was a big unit , and someone did a halleluja ! and he went on for about 5 minutes stomping round the hall , shouting 'Praise the lord'   'Jesus' and 'Halleluja in peoples faces, covered in sweat, eyes rolling back the lot 😲

I voiced my concern about his behaviour to the shapely you lady next to me in a LBD , who laughed and said , 'Oh Clarence ? He does that all the time !'

It was a friend of mines funeral, and went on for about 8 hours Im told, I made a sharp exit after 2, it was all a bit much for my Pagan head 😂

Only caught the tail end of the 5-00 news on the car radio on my way home. The news reader said she was equating herself to Jesus !

Missed the start of that particular piece of coverage. Is she saying he was driving, rather than the missing Russian who happened to be at home at the time. Or is she now trying to say she is being persecuted in the same manner that those evil Romans employed !

Either way, the woman has no shame. Hope the Judge takes her comments into account and gives her time behind bars to reflect on the money & time wasted because she thought she was above us mere mortals.

Edited by JJsDad

56 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Perhaps she wasn't driving after all - and rode to her destination on a donkey, with grateful constituents strewing the road with palm leaves (or as it's the UK KitKat wrappers)?

Or Khat leaves.:lol:

Edited by TriBsa

10 hours ago, JJsDad said:

Only caught the tail end of the 5-00 news on the car radio on my way home. The news reader said she was equating herself to Jesus !

Missed the start of that particular piece of coverage. Is she saying he was driving, rather than the missing Russian who happened to be at home at the time. Or is she now trying to say she is being persecuted in the same manner that those evil Romans employed !

Either way, the woman has no shame. Hope the Judge takes her comments into account and gives her time behind bars to reflect on the money & time wasted because she thought she was above us mere mortals.

9 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Strange that the good old BBC is being remarkably quiet about this   --   nothing new there then.

Read this from the BBC;

"Jeremy Corbyn has condemned the behaviour of a Labour MP who lied to police about a speeding offence.

Peterborough MP Fiona Onasanya, 35, was convicted on Wednesday of perverting the course of justice.

"I am sad at what's happened to her in her career, but obviously utterly deplore the action she took," he said.

Onasanya had denied she was behind the wheel after her car was caught doing 41mph in a 30mph zone in Cambridgeshire in July 2017.

Onasanya has been "administratively suspended" from Labour, and party leader Mr Corbyn said she could not remain as an MP after her conviction.

Speaking during a visit to Northampton, he said: "Obviously, she is not going to remain as the member of parliament because she been found guilty in a court of law."

The Labour Party has called on Onasanya to resign, as her behaviour "falls well below what is expected of politicians".

'Biblical company'

In a WhatsApp group for Labour MPs, she compared her situation to that of Jesus Christ after his conviction.

As first reported in The Times, Onasanya wrote she was "in biblical company along with Joseph, Moses, Daniel and his three Hebrew friends, who were each found guilty by the courts of their day".

She went on to say "their greatest days of impact were on the other side of a guilty verdict" and added "of course this is equally true of Christ... and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story".

The MP will be sentenced, along with her brother Festus, on a date yet to be set."

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Emphasis!

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The MP will be sentenced, along with her brother Festus, on a date yet to be set."

Looks like the papers have picked up on it, as there was virtually a full page devoted to it in our daily national. Good news in more ways than one as it will put a bit of pressure on the Judge to award a fitting sentence. If the case had slipped under the radar I could see it being 60 hrs community service or some other meaningless sentence. Hope he throws the book at her & the equally guilty brother. Be interesting to see if the sentence is slipped in at a time of some other disaster that is distracting peoples attention. As for calling people to pray for her & her family !    Where do these people get this self righteous belief that proven liars should warrant peoples sympathay.

50 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Looks like the papers have picked up on it, as there was virtually a full page devoted to it in our daily national.

Now shes a convicted criminal , the media can relax on the PC tip toeing around her.
An MP with a race card is a fearsome foe for a newspaper or TV station 😲

#praying4fiona   #wheresmydiplomaticimmunity   #wheremyracecard   #freethepeterborough1    😄

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Now shes a convicted criminal , the media can relax on the PC tip toeing around her.
An MP with a race card is a fearsome foe for a newspaper or TV station 😲

#praying4fiona   #wheresmydiplomaticimmunity   #wheremyracecard   #freethepeterborough1    😄

She has already attempted to blame her conviction on a press campaign. Now that she is convicted I hope they go all out on her sorry ****!

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Ms Onasanya believes she has been targeted by the police because of her political views. 

:lol: If She wasn't breaking the law in the first place, the Police would have nothing to target. Why can't She just accept that She broke the law and was caught, despite Her lying.

10 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

:lol: If She wasn't breaking the law in the first place, the Police would have nothing to target. Why can't She just accept that She broke the law and was caught, despite Her lying.

Simply because people of that ilk believe themselves to be above the law, maybe?

It's amazing what a whif of political power seems to do to their neurons, hence their mistaking panic, lying and blather for common sense.

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Some startlingly innacurate factoids

You don't expect accuracy from the press - and especially so from those like Owen Jones.  I have never read anything he has written that was not twisted and biased.  Nasty jealous and bitter piece of work.

MPs are very well paid, roughly 3 x the national average, but with far more pension allocations, allowances and perks.  Many also employ their family (as she does) - and overall an MPs 'package' is worth much, much more than the 'taxable face value'.  As such they should not be taking up subsidised housing - and any who do should be ashamed.

In my view - those who live in subsidised housing should pay a full (i.e. non subsidised) market rent in the event that they become eligible for higher rate income tax (or some similar easy measure of higher income).

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You don't expect accuracy from the press - and especially so from those like Owen Jones.  I have never read anything he has written that was not twisted and biased.  Nasty jealous and bitter piece of work.

MPs are very well paid, roughly 3 x the national average, but with far more pension allocations, allowances and perks.  Many also employ their family (as she does) - and overall an MPs 'package' is worth much, much more than the 'taxable face value'.  As such they should not be taking up subsidised housing - and any who do should be ashamed.

In my view - those who live in subsidised housing should pay a full (i.e. non subsidised) market rent in the event that they become eligible for higher rate income tax (or some similar easy measure of higher income).

An awful little journalist of the lowest order!