"im mainly" future project

ditchman

Im trying to wind down on my fiddling now...as my mrs is going down the slippery slope and will be going into care within the next 10 months...so she is taking more and more of my time...i have been caring for her now for nearly 10 years...and im plumb worn out....sooner or later i will hopefully move into a small 1 bedroom bungerlow locally (rented as the govt will be takin a huge wadge of my assetts for her care)...(they have big sitting rooms)...and i have never been able to decorate a house how i want it...

i bought this set of rods 2 salmon rods ....1 trout lake rod....and 1 stream rod...with spare tips and a tip box....which had dried out and split  (which im mending now)....anyway i bought this at a country house sale when i was in my early teens...the house belonged to Captain J.H.K.Kydd.....(thats no word of a lie)...think he was related to the Shand -Kydds....anyways about 25 years ago i mounted them on the wall one weekend only to come home on a friday nite to see that they had been taken down and left outside the back door....she told me the house wasnt a fishing shop and i should keep them in the cupbourd ..............

so i have got them out and had a fiddle with them....and i wont do anymore now until im own my own...and i will clean and re-build them and laquer them and mount them in a frame covered with a darkish blue baize...and i will stick em up on the wall where they should be...........

so this is a future project ................when i get my life back...:good:

forrest kelso 001tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 002tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 003tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 004tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 005tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 006tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 007tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 008tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 009tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 010tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 011tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 012tn_.JPG

forrest kelso 013tn_.JPG

Forrest of Kelso eh Ditchie? I have purchased the odd bit of tackle from the shop in the Market Square whilst fishing the Tweed in the past.............no longer there I'm afraid.....all greenheart rods I see! I have a small collection of Hardy Palakona cane Salmon and trout rods...which I bought many years ago........it's amazing what we accumulate over a lifetime innit?

Edited by panoma1

20 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Forrest of Kelso eh Ditchie? I have purchased the odd bit of tackle from the shop in the Market Square whilst fishing the Tweed in the past.............no longer there I'm afraid.....all greenheart rods I see! I have a small collection of Hardy Palakona cane Salmon and trout rods...which I bought many years ago........it's amazing what we accumulate over a lifetime innit?

i also have a collection of 18th cent glass inkwells.............now how sad is that...(got about 40 of them)

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Cracking rods imagine fixing them up and then catching a fish on them 😊

all the best 

of 

the small stream rod i have used on several occasions............the salmon rods were made for men and women of iron :lol:

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Lovely old rods Simon. Feel for you mate but putting them right is something to look forward to.  No need to tell you to hang them up or they will go all bent and wriggly.  They will make a fine display.

all of the rods apart from the small stream rod (little kink in the tip) are perfect in their straightness..........

Simon, so sorry to hear about your predicament and your wife’s illness, 1 bed bungalow? Does it come with workshop/shed? Will you be able to live without tinkering?

Its such a shame you have to sell your property to pay for her care, are you sure you cannot stay there? I was under the impression that if you have nowhere else to live they do not take your property into account when means testing, although and depending on saving and income you may have to contribute to her care.

45 minutes ago, figgy said:

How will you fit all your fettling fixing kit into your new abode ?

Sorry about your wife.

ive got my eye on a NEW 10' x 8' shed which i will line out and i will by some new equipment in..........i aint finished fettlin' yet boi....:lol:

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Weed cutting?

nooooo you wally :lol:

when you have caught a fish...you need 2 hands to hold it and unhook it.....so as not to tangle your rod and line up in the foliage ...you jab it in the ground...and hey presto...both hands free ..

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

nooooo you wally 

when you have caught a fish...you need 2 hands to hold it and unhook it.....so as not to tangle your rod and line up in the foliage ...you jab it in the ground...and hey presto...both hands free ..

And you manage to stick it in your leg when fishing!:shout:

18 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I've seen a fair few vintage Hardy fly rods with a screw in ground spike!

some of the better quality rods have this feture................dont think it is a hardy as they have different serial numbers ....maybe Farlows ? ...is anyone out there who does know ?

37 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And you manage to stick it in your leg when fishing!:shout:

you are in one of them moods again arnt yew :w00t: