BREXIT

JohnfromUK

42 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

If you are happy that we will be on our third date to leave , and with the opposition tying the hands of anyone trying to negotiate a deal with a group that has stated they won't change the deal offered, then your right it's all about saving face.😣

Please tell me how you would negotiate with someone who knows that you won't actually leave because you have told them, and they are not going to change their offer.

I would ask for Mrs May`s letter back

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I based my vote to leave entirely on the basis that I have for as long as I can remember, believed the EU to be undemocratic and therefore corrupt. So far not only have I seen many things which simply confirm that belief, but now I genuinely believe most of our own politicians and indeed government,  to be likewise. Am I wrong? 

Just now, Scully said:

I based my vote to leave entirely on the basis that I have for as long as I can remember, believed the EU to be undemocratic and therefore corrupt. So far not only have I seen many things which simply confirm that belief, but now I genuinely believe most of our own politicians and indeed government,  to be likewise. Am I wrong? 

No.
I do believe some of them are also in the pay of either the EU , or business figures who support the EU project.
Their behaviour defies any other explanation.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Am I wrong?

They are certainly 'undemocratic' (except during the run up to an election).

They are certainly grasping and greedy, getting every possible thing on expenses, always voting themselves inflation beating pay rises, subsidised food and drinks, taking as many free 'fact finding tours' of the Bahamas in winter etc.  (Poor old Bahamas having a bad time at present - so not meaning to criticise them)

Are they corrupt?  I suspect some are (cash for questions etc.) ......... but I'm not sure how widespread that is.

I wonder what individuals on here, in the country and in Parliament, who vehemently support remaining in the EU contrary to the democratic will of their fellow citizens, are personally getting out of being in the EU?......personal gain is the only reason I can see for such antidemocratic treachery!

24 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What an extremely naive comment, some very strange thinking going on there.

We lost the referendum and we shouldnt have = Blame the tories for giving us one.
The EU dont want us to leave = Blame the tories.
May capitulated to the EU straight away = Blame the tory party as a whole, even though half of them quit the cabinet in disgust.
Corbyn whips the labour party into rejecting Mays horrific deal 3 times = Blame the tories.
Bojo tries to bluff the EU into removing 1 tiny aspect of the May deal, EU refuses = Bojo is the worst PM in living history.
The remainers in the house re write constitutional law to keep us in the EU = Blame the tories !

Sorry I forgot everyone else wrote the script :lol: t

It wasn't me guv honest. Camoron has so much to answer for and the Tory hardliners should hold their heads in shame. 

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Sorry I forgot everyone else wrote the script :lol: t

It wasn't me guv honest. Camoron has so much to answer for and the Tory hardliners should hold their heads in shame. 

Were they not acting in the interests of the country by trying to counter Farages 4 million pink faced voters ?
Cameron did what he had to do , the public wanted a vote, that was obvious by the 75 % turnout.
Or are you saying we are not responsible enough to make decisions about our future ?

8 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

but I'm not sure how widespread that is.

I doubt they publicise it !:lol: Judging by the amount caught out fiddling expenses , I would say they are not adverse to a little brown envelope here and there.

10 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

We were ALL lied to from both sides of the referendum. We now have a lying PM too

Thats a strange one , because I dont feel like I was.
The predictions of armageddon I simply ignored, as I did 'the bus' because it was opinion, not solid fact.
Maybe some people did believe some of it, but it always seems to be remainers who gripe about it the most, whilst ignoring the blatently wrong projections of doom given by people like the BOE boss and chancellor, various businessmen ect.

Just now, Rewulf said:

Were they not acting in the interests of the country by trying to counter Farages 4 million pink faced voters ?
Cameron did what he had to do , the public wanted a vote, that was obvious by the 75 % turnout.
Or are you saying we are not responsible enough to make decisions about our future ?

No. They were acting in the interest of the party. Camoron did what he had to do for the sake of the party. We rely on the wisdom of politicians to act in the interests of the UK particularly when we are dealing with complex economic and geo political matters. 

The public were clearly right to ask for change but Camoron should have and could have managed the process better by agreeing with his party what it was they were offering and what they could deliver. That way it may have been possible to get support for something rather than opposition to everything. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

No. They were acting in the interest of the party. Camoron did what he had to do for the sake of the party. We rely on the wisdom of politicians to act in the interests of the UK particularly when we are dealing with complex economic and geo political matters. 

The public were clearly right to ask for change but Camoron should have and could have managed the process better by agreeing with his party what it was they were offering and what they could deliver. That way it may have been possible to get support for something rather than opposition to everything. 

100%

The country is divided all because of tory party infighting over the past 40+ yrs over the EU 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

In that respect then, would you say BJ is acting for the sake of the party now ?
Surely he wouldnt be sacking MPs with abandon if he was ?

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

The public were clearly right to ask for change but Camoron should have and could have managed the process better by agreeing with his party what it was they were offering and what they could deliver. That way it may have been possible to get support for something rather than opposition to everything

That really depends on the results of the risk assessment of losing , does it not ?

3 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

The country is divided all because of tory party infighting over the past 40+ yrs over the EU

So labour have never argued about it , Corbyn is anti EU , and always has been, but he puts his party before the country.

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

In that respect then, would you say BJ is acting for the sake of the party now ?

That really depends on the results of the risk assessment of losing , does it not ?

So labour have never argued about it , Corbyn is anti EU , and always has been, but he puts his party before the country.

Answer the question, not change the topic

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!

And it was her fault. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yes. He is irrational and inexperienced.

I think even then there was sufficient skepticism within the UK as a whole (leavers and remainers) to warrant a review of our role and membership of the EU.  That could have developed options that were deliverable that would fundamentally change the relationship. These could have been put to the electorate in a constructive rather than divisive way. 

4 minutes ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Answer the question, not change the topic

What are you on about ?

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Yes. He is irrational and inexperienced.

Whilst Corby is ....?

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

I think even then there was sufficient skepticism within the UK as a whole (leavers and remainers) to warrant a review of our role and membership of the EU.  That could have developed options that were deliverable that would fundamentally change the relationship. These could have been put to the electorate in a constructive rather than divisive way. 

You mean pick and choose options from the smorgasboard of EU membership, like just end free movement  ? ..Oh wait , you cant do that can you .,😆

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What are you on about ?

Whilst Corby is ....?

Nothing to do with the Kipper sacking his MP's. Oh did you want to blame the sacking on Corby surely you forgot Di in the process? 

You mean pick and choose options from the smorgasboard of EU membership, like just end free movement  ? ..Oh wait , you cant do that can you .,😆

There are no unicorns either. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Are you happy that the Tories brought in the most ill considered referendum in history. Are you happy that the whole sorry affair has been created by this government. Well strangely enough neither are the other 34m voters in this country. 

First you have to get serious with the proposal and set out what you want from it working within the trading framework that the EU has. Then you might stand a chance of sorting it out. It seems like Norway, Canada, Switzerland et al brokered deals that they are happy with but that the UK with its clear understanding of all things EU is unable to. 

Why do you think that is? Do you think it might be because we have a rather stupid government that is caught between the ridiculous promises it made to voters and the reality of life? 

I think the reality of life is that chitty chitty bang bang leaders of the last 40 odd years have deliberately lied to us and allowed Europe to sly us up in knots that are proving very difficult to slip out of.

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What are you on about ?

Whilst Corby is ....?

This

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

No.
I do believe some of them are also in the pay of either the EU , or business figures who support the EU project.
Their behaviour defies any other explanation.

Possibly serving the interests of the people who pay them their 'consultancy fees'...