BREXIT

JohnfromUK

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Neither particularly funny then. This discussion is even less interesting than Brexit but I suppose as you have so little to actually say on that topic this is a welcome distraction 😛

All that said, I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding (on your part).

Nothing I or you write will alter what happens with Brexit......it is out of our control, but if you want to keep expelling pointless hot air feel free!😃

As for what is and isn’t funny and who is responsible for any misunderstanding...........I’ll leave it up to others to decide that!  However I’m glad you admit to feeling truly sorry for the error in your posting that led to my misunderstanding!....it shows a hidden humility I didn’t realise existed within you! 😉

9 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It would be the democratic right of the people , and we could start the process of rejoining, realise that its a lot more complicated than we thought, stall for 4 years , wait for them to die ect , and remain , OUT the EU 😂

WHEN they are old enough to vote  , they can vote.
Until then , they can stare into their screens...

What are the numbers for the last three years? 2m in and 800k out? 

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

What happens when we leave reap the consequences and rejoin? When our youth reject the inheritance from the old and demand to rejoin?

IF there are consequences then we learn to get on with them just as we’ve always done; it’s called life.

If the consequences ( and again it’s IF ) are such that the next generation feel they want to be part of an undemocratic empire, then they can campaign to have a referendum to rejoin, as is their democratic right. 

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

What are the numbers for the last three years? 2m in and 800k out? 

I dont care !

Shall we put labour into power NOW,  because their policies back in the 90s will create more labour voters in the next 10 years ?

You dont make policy based on what someone MIGHT want in 10 years time.

3 minutes ago, cookoff013 said:

if by some bizzare instance we rejoin. i guess we`ll loose the pound.

That's as it is now. Although I would guess by the time we get ready to rejoin the Euro may be run in a different way with distributed payments being made across countries. We might not be allowed it. 

1 minute ago, cookoff013 said:

if by some bizzare instance we rejoin. i guess we`ll loose the pound.

In itself ,would be a good reason to not rejoin ?

But ask yourself this very simple question (remainers particularly)....
In its present form, do think it would be  a good idea to join the EU NOW , if we werent already a member ?
More importantly, do you think a referendum to join would be successful ?

Take it further again, if we voted to join by 52 -48 % and then MPs didnt carry out the vote.....

Just now, Rewulf said:

In itself ,would be a good reason to not rejoin ?

But ask yourself this very simple question (remainers particularly)....
In its present form, do think it would be  a good idea to join the EU NOW , if we werent already a member ?
More importantly, do you think a referendum to join would be successful ?

Take it further again, if we voted to join by 52 -48 % and then MPs didnt carry out the vote.....

It was not a good idea to leave why should we need one to join? 

52 minutes ago, oowee said:

Because out is unsustainable and some form of in is inevitable. 

Just now, oowee said:

It was not a good idea to leave why should we need one to join? 

Thats not a fact , thats your opinion.

We havent left yet , and until we do, there is no argument for 'how its going to be '

2 minutes ago, oowee said:

Why is it 'unsustainable' ?
Are you seriously saying we cannot survive/function without being a member ?

We havent LEFT the EU , we are just not a member,  like lots of other countries who trade with them, who are not.

The UK does not suck at the teat of the EU like some dependent child..they suck on OURS !

Just because you can write that, it means nothing. I could just say in is unsustainable and some form of out is inevitable. No-one, but no-one knows the full script. Show me that person and I will show you a flying pig.

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why is it 'unsustainable' ?
Are you seriously saying we cannot survive/function without being a member ?

We havent LEFT the EU , we are just not a member,  like lots of other countries who trade with them, who are not.

The UK does not suck at the teat of the EU like some dependent child..they suck on OURS !

:lol:  We want to do so much more than trade with our neighbours. Our neighbours are intrinsic to the future of the UK. Many might not like it, want to hear it or indeed know it but given time they will. Over the last 3 years we have started to get a better understanding of the symbiotic relationship we have with the EU. There is so much more to learn. 

Better a relationship of equals with our EU neighbours than a sadomasochistic relationship carved out with big Uncle Sam. 

Edited by oowee

Better a relationship of equals with our EU neighbours than a sadomasochistic relationship carved out with big Uncle Sam. 

Perhaps there is proof of your assertion, but it will never surface. We are not in a relationship of equals - 25 countries are propped up by us.