BREXIT

JohnfromUK

There are some PW members from Northern Ireland (and very probably from Eire too).  Perhaps they might like to comment as they are at the 'sharp end' in this?

Some are using the peace process as a excuse for staying in the EU some might use it as a excuse for violent protests etc if they do then they will have to be dealt with.  A democratic decision has to be implemented, the government can not give in to violence or the threat of violence. PS I will not be getting the barricades up just yet. 

Edited by ordnance

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Some are using the peace process as a excuse for staying in the EU, some might use it as a excuse for violent protests etc if they do then they will have to be dealt with.  A democratic decision has to be implemented, the government can not give in to violence or the threat of violence. PS I will not be getting the barricades up just yet. 

That makes perfect sense - and from someone in the area.  Thanks

6 hours ago, oowee said:

We can leave. Simply walk away go now get out. But...... we dont want to. 

Tariff plan. Less than 20% of EU goods (by value) exported to UK will be subject to tariff. 51% of UK exports will face tariff. Can we afford no deal? 

How many of us can live without German cars and plonk, French cars and French plonk, tasteless, watery Spanish tomatoes and limp fruit that are near rotting when you buy them? You may have to pay a tarriff on a Beretta S06 or
a top grade Perazzi and a Ferarri (but you can afford these so you won't give a monkeys about tarriffs). Japananese cars and Turkey are making some very fair guns now.
We just don't need a everthing that carries a tarriff from the Gangsters. So, they lose the tarriff and the profit. Poor them.

on the subject of borders 1) cyprus how is the border with the north part patrolled 2) albania is a non EU country bordered by Bulgaria how is that patrolled c) Turkey has a border with greece how is that patrolled  answera please

3 hours ago, armsid said:

on the subject of borders 1) cyprus how is the border with the north part patrolled 2) albania is a non EU country bordered by Bulgaria how is that patrolled c) Turkey has a border with greece how is that patrolled  answera please

Try google.

5 hours ago, das said:

How many of us can live without German cars and plonk, French cars and French plonk, tasteless, watery Spanish tomatoes and limp fruit that are near rotting when you buy them? You may have to pay a tarriff on a Beretta S06 or
a top grade Perazzi and a Ferarri (but you can afford these so you won't give a monkeys about tarriffs). Japananese cars and Turkey are making some very fair guns now.
We just don't need a everthing that carries a tarriff from the Gangsters. So, they lose the tarriff and the profit. Poor them.

80% of EU goods will be tariff free so mostly no change.  If we do not buy German cars, French plonk or anything else it is the UK that loose the tariff not the EU. 51 % of what we sell to the EU will incur tariff benefiting the EU with each sale.

Our goods will incur tariff so will be harder to export. Car parts that we make in the UK for export, like BMW engines made in the midlands will increase in cost for BMW. Japanese cars that we make here in the UK will be outside of the Japan / EU trade agreement so will incur tariff. 

5 hours ago, das said:

How many of us can live without German cars

lad at rugby sells BMWs and says brexit will help him as the cost of used cars will go up, as will spares.

I wonder if Germany will be happy if cars sales drop in the UK, i very much doubt it.

7 hours ago, oowee said:

Japanese cars that we make here in the UK will be outside of the Japan / EU trade agreement so will incur tariff. 

And we won’t be able to set a new agreement with japan or any other country when we’re out of the EU because ? 🤔 

How does Gibraltar manage its boarders? What’s the plan there after Brexit ? Surly some parallels with NI?

Edited by TK421

7 hours ago, oowee said:

80% of EU goods will be tariff free so mostly no change. So most of what we import wont change in price, keeping costs down for UK consumers, yes we lose 'tariff money' but this is a fluid thing and will probably change, as and when leverage is needed...

If we do not buy German cars, French plonk or anything else it is the UK that loose the tariff not the EU. Again leverage, if the cost of a new BMW goes up by 5 % or more, that car becomes a far less attractive prospect, other cars are available, many of them built here..
The wine is another example of this, wine is made and already imported from all over the world, choice , more often than not , comes down to price.

51 % of what we sell to the EU will incur tariff benefiting the EU with each sale. Also costing the EU consumer more, or we lower prices to compensate, this is a matter for the companies involved to sort out among themselves , all the EU  would be doing is hindering trade, both ways.
AGAIN , the EU is NOT Europe.

Our goods will incur tariff so will be harder to export.As above , not necessarily, the EU skimming tariffs wont help the manufacturer OR the consumer.

Car parts that we make in the UK for export, like BMW engines made in the midlands will increase in cost for BMW. Japanese cars that we make here in the UK will be outside of the Japan / EU trade agreement so will incur tariff. Ahh so you are hinting BMW may shift engine production, Japanese car production may shift to the EU ?
I could be blase about that and say they were probably going to do that at some point anyway, for the cheaper eastern European wages.

It doesnt really matter, UK consumers will consume, and UK companies will produce, and vice versa with Europe.
Emerging markets ect...
But please dont make it sound like the UK will be mortally wounded economically, like Mr Junker did today, whilst the European companies will simply shrug it off whilst muttering 'Tis but a scratch' :whistling:

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It doesnt really matter, UK consumers will consume, and UK companies will produce, and vice versa with Europe.
Emerging markets ect...
But please dont make it sound like the UK will be mortally wounded economically, like Mr Junker did today, whilst the European companies will simply shrug it off whilst muttering 'Tis but a scratch' :whistling:

Of course just at lower volumes and we will have to sharpen our prices, keep wages in check and import cheaper essential labour. 

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

Is brexit keeping you awake? 😄😄 

I was just back from from a night shooting and need a cup of yarrow tea before I sleep. Night off tonight and back out again Thurs. 🙂 

I see you were a night owl too. 

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

Of course just at lower volumes and we will have to sharpen our prices, keep wages in check and import cheaper essential labour. 

Well you do say we need to consume less to save the planet, dont you ? :lol:

'Import cheaper essential labour' ? This old chestnut , we will import what WE need, when WE need it, on visas, with time limits.
Can you spot the difference ?

In other FANTASY LAND news 

lib-dem-fibbing.jpg?resize=540%2C308&ssl=1

Official portrait of Tulip Siddiq crop 2.jpg

Member of Parliament
for Hampstead and Kilburn
Assumed office
7 May 2015
Preceded by Glenda Jackson
Majority 15,560 (26.6%)

Err... Tulip is a labour MP BTW

Edited by Rewulf

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

I was just back from from a night shooting and need a cup of yarrow tea before I sleep. Night off tonight and back out again Thurs. 🙂 

I see you were a night owl too. 

nothing as fun though, I'd just finished work ☹ 

I don't agree with importing cheap labour, we will never compete with China on the cheap stuff, the industries we should be competing in are skilled production, there is a reason why engines and planes etc are made here.

5 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

What business is that of yours?

(We can all be rude when we choose to be.)

Thats a bit of a bizarre answer !
You could just as easily say, Id rather not say, or its sensitive.
Now it just makes it seem like youre hiding something, or embarrassed .

Reports emerging that the Cons and specifically the Cabinet might not be so well aligned on no deal as was previously suggested - apparently five cabinet ministers on resignation watch.

If true then it would appear that the Brexit Party is about the only safe bet for do or die Brexiteers, shame we've got to wait a little longer to see what kind of minority they are able to command in the next GE.

I reckon BoJo could well be about to bottle it, roll on the 19th....

Edited by Raja Clavata