Prime Minister announcement 08:30 tonight

loriusgarrulus

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

I think the page you are referring to regarding key (critical) workers relates to the provision of educational support for children of key workers. I interpret it that if you can’t work from home then you can travel to work. 

But it’s not clear. 

I interpreted it differently - we are in a lockdown situation and if you are not a ‘’key worker’ then you stay at home. Non essential travel means exactly that. Popping to the shops for provisions is essential travel, driving to your shoot is not. It’s about taking cars off the road, minimising the risk of accidents and the subsequent impact on NHS.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, MrPhantom said:

I interpreted it differently - we are in a lockdown situation and if you are not a ‘’key worker’ then you stay at home. Non essential travel means exactly that. Popping to the shops for provisions is essential travel, driving to your shoot is not. It’s about taking cars off the road, minimising the risk of accidents and the subsequent impact on NHS.

I just saw this in twitter posted by Robert Jenrick MP Secretary of State for Housing, communities and local government:

Advice for the housing, construction & building maintenance industries:

🔹If you can work from home, do so.

🔹If you are working on site, you can continue to do so. But follow Public Health England guidance on social distancing.

Edited by AVB

6 minutes ago, AVB said:

I just saw this in twitter posted by Robert Jenrick MP Secretary of State for Housing, communities and local government:

🔹If you are working on site, you can continue to do so. But follow Public Health England guidance on social distancing.

Ah ok, that is confusing and certainly not what was implied by Boris’s message. Hopefully there will be some clarity by the morning!

25 minutes ago, AVB said:

Italy have shut down construction as well?

Everywhere you look people are confused as to whether you can go to work or not?

Hopefully there will be more information tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

How long until the first arrest?

check the south yorkshire police website the cheif constable. Watson has issued guidlines until the legislation becomes clear he will advise those who first time caught.. persist and

will be detained under the emergency powers act. sentence ...???? This could result in loss of your firearms license maybe..

just thought could a walk in the field and down the hedge  with the shotgun sit hidden as i do not want anyone to see me smoking having a fag . after all walking is exercise ..lifting my gun up. Arms exercise ...and carrying back home my woodies heavy bag weight hopefully.. Could this be classed as exercise  then ???... Any lawyer about ??? ... I wonder..?????

Ask BASC they should hopefully be up on it.

10 minutes ago, clay shooter said:

just thought could a walk in the field and down the hedge  with the shotgun sit hidden as i do not want anyone to see me smoking having a fag . after all walking is exercise ..lifting my gun up. Arms exercise ...and carrying back home my woodies heavy bag weight hopefully.. Could this be classed as exercise  then ???... Any lawyer about ??? ... I wonder..?????

8 hours ago, grrclark said:

His job isn't essential, what part of unprecedented and exceptional don't people get?

Yens of millions are going to suffer.  Whether you are doing something solitary or not, it is a blanket measure because folk are clearly unable to distinguish between essential or not.  The easiest way to make it unambiguous is just to say to everyone.

I think you should go and read the latest government advice. There is a thread on it in this section. 

Only certain businesses are shutting,  you keep on about only essential ones being open, but that is incorrect. For the like of agriculture and engineering,  its business as usual.

What a balls up of a statement.

Is it deliberately vague or was it just poorly worded? 

Everywhere you look people are confused about whether or not they should go to work.

Forget the fact that there may or may not be (limited) benefits to claim if you don't work, nobody seems to know what's happening.

I'm off to work until I'm told otherwise and have just told my employees the same.

Edd

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

It is totally unworkable. I have a friend who is an agricultural contractor, he climbs in his tractor cab and goes hedge trimming, doesn't speak to anyone all day and goes home at night. 

He is the person who will suffer from this along with similar people.  Will the police stop his tractor on route and arrest him ...totally ridiculous and unworkable.

I have a farmer friend who needs 40 acres of ground ploughed in the next 10 days whilst the weather holds and a contractor has got to do that, essential work yes but where does the contractor stand driving to the farm. 

Surely farming is now key work

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

One would think so, along with driving the milk tanker but as always country people and their needs are totally ignored in these situations.

Nev if the masses had followed the Government's advice and guidance it would not have needed to become mandatory!

Many people need to have a good hard look at how they behave, for the greater benefit of others.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Nev if the masses had followed the Government's advice and guidance it would not have needed to become mandatory!

Many people need to have a good hard look at how they behave, for the greater benefit of others.

:good:100%

One good thing and a positive note, is I spoke with one of my shooting suppliers yesterday and he said that all the estates that he deals with are progressing as normal as possible in the hope it is all sorted by October.

Edited by Walker570

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

This.. I have a collection to make today so I can get a job done, but am I able to go collect, and even if yes will the supplier be open now...