Worse work day in 13 years

washerboy

7 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Only 6 of us in my machine shop and 3 had to go today. Just hope the 80% wage system kicks in and they don't have to wait weeks. 

Never nice losing work force 

Have they been furloughed or made redundant? They will only get the 80% if the former.  

Just now, Modafinale said:

Same. We're closed (Town Council) on full pay for 3 weeks then a review, we will have a system of rotas come in to help change the bins and small jobs but out of the staff they are asking for volunteers to do a shopping run scheme for the elderly. It's in early stages and not actually set in stone as yet. 

Feel really sorry for anyone self employed atm. 

25 minutes ago, Modafinale said:

Not what my account said !

we have been forced to close shop today and will have to pay staff full pay and be reimbursed  apparently mid to late April .

been told its back dated to 1st March 

Have you furloughed your employees or made them redundant?

2 hours ago, washerboy said:

Only 6 of us in my machine shop and 3 had to go today. Just hope the 80% wage system kicks in and they don't have to wait weeks. 

Never nice losing work force 

Hopefully they get back on when things get back to normal,  never nice when people get layed off.

1 hour ago, Cheshirelad said:

My town centre is totally closed apart from food shops and the Post Office. I hope the folks in the affected businesses don't have to suffer financially, and that includes the business owners, because the smaller ones will really struggle to meet wage bills.

Watching north west news I was happy to see Preston was almost empty,  a few people out getting some shopping,  so hopefully the message is getting through. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Hopefully they get back on when things get back to normal,  never nice when people get layed off.

Watching north west news I was happy to see Preston was almost empty,  a few people out getting some shopping,  so hopefully the message is getting through. 

Good news, i think at least some of the uk will be getting bad weather this weekend, if significant it remains to be seen. If we had rain like last year we might have seen an better  compliance last weekend.

My wife went to collect orders from Ashby de la Zouch this afternoon and she said it was like being back in the 50s.  The shop was closing and had a load of sausages made which they were going to dump. We now have a goodly supply in the freezer ...waste not want not and a months supply of bread which we had ordered on a regular basis, not a panic buy.

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

Good news, i think at least some of the uk will be getting bad weather this weekend, if significant it remains to be seen. If we had rain like last year we might have seen an better  compliance last weekend.

Absolutely,  the sun came out, mothers day and I think people were expecting a lockdown so it seems loads went out,  hence being told to stay in.

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It better be my lads at Preston University. 

2 hours ago, Modafinale said:

I assumed forloughed as they haven’t been made redundant. 

we reacted to the government shutdown Of none essential shop ( floorings)

In which case the mechanism for HMRC to pay the employer is still being worked on, but likely it will be a monthly payment on payday for those furloughed.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

could you find out the latest on the Self Employed as i heard payments have changed, and how you apply, cheers

Hi mate, the 2nd payment on account for 19/20 due on the 31/07/20 have been put back to 31/01/21.Any 19/20 penalties will be cancelled.Also if there is any other info I will of course keep you updated. Any updates come through I will post on the covid-19 thread where I have posted HMRC guidance.

I'm currently working all sorts of digital post from home at the moment.Everything from SA /CIS registration to penalty appeals so a bit snowed under.With this in mind I will try and get any (public domain) advise posted asap.

Most of the informarion is listed on the covid19 Measure Job retention Scheme thread.There are contact numbers on there along with an email add.

Edited by Davyo

7 minutes ago, Davyo said:

Hi mate, the 2nd payment on account for 19/20 due on the 31/07/20 have been put back to 31/01/21.Any 19/20 penalties will be cancelled.Also if there is any other info I will of course keep you updated. Any updates come through I will post on the covid-19 thread where I have posted HMRC guidance.

I'm currently working all sorts of digital post from home at the moment.Everything from SA /CIS registration to appeals and penalty appeals.With this in mind I will try and get any (public domain) advise posted asap.

Most of the informarion is listed on the covid19 thread

many thanks Davyo,