face masks

mel b3

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

hiya guys,

were very much in front with the masks now , and requests have pretty much slowed to a trickle . weve been getting lots of requests for leather goods as usual , so weve decided to open the doors again on the leather business . masks will still be available for anyone that needs them , so please feel free to ask if youre in need of them , and weve still got funds in the coffers should more materials or stamps be needed . obviously the masks are more important than leather goods , so should demand increase for the masks , then leather goods will be put to one side.her good self is keeping a sterile area in the workshop , so that mask production can restart at any time.

we still have roughly £120.00 in the coffers from donations , and roughly 70 first class , large letter stamps , plus plenty of fabric for masks and scrubs bags . mad1 is still ok for funds too , so well leave the donations in the tin for a few weeks , and then decide what to do with the surplus.

stay safe guys :good:.

hello, thanks mel, hope the barbi and birthday went well, can you put a link up on your leather good again or on that original post

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks mel, hope the barbi and birthday went well, can you put a link up on your leather good again or on that original post

hiya gordon,

all went well thanks mate  , we sat around the pond enjoying the sunshine , and we all ate too much , and lin enjoyed her presents , and a can of Guinness .

ill have a quick word with her good self , and try to get our normal ad in the sales section mate.:good:

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

hiya gordon,

all went well thanks mate  , we sat around the pond enjoying the sunshine , and we all ate too much , and lin enjoyed her presents , and a can of Guinness .

ill have a quick word with her good self , and try to get our normal ad in the sales section mate.:good:

hello mel, ok have also replied pm

1 hour ago, 243ack said:

Masks arrived this morning - well done sir and siress. I've got a face mask and a syringe full of Dettol: I'm now invincible!!!!!.

😅. Why am I getting a picture of hanibal lecter  in my head 😅.

Don't forget to wash the mask after every use mate , and stay safe 👍.

evening guys,

just a quick update on the masks and funds etc.

this week has involved making masks for pw members , and their friends , families , and associates , but were sending a lot less now . weve also sent more scrubs bags to the QE hospital in birmingham.

on her internet travels , lin came across a young lady by the name of kay , from burntwood is staffordshire , kay is part of the "sew for the nhs group" on facebook , and was appealing for elastic and buttons , to make headbands and scrubs bags . lin and myself discussed it , and decided to use £45.42 from donations to buy 500 buttons , 50 metres of one inch elastic ,  and 5 metres of fabric . these materials will be delivered to kay , and distributed via her co ordinator , to other machinists in the nhs group.

funds and materials left are .

cash = £69.36

stamps = 79 first class , large letter.

materials = enough fabric and elastic to make approximately 200 masks , and 60 bags.

thank you again for your generosity guys , your donations have done very good works .

if anyone is in need of a mask or masks , please dont be shy , just drop me a message , and well get some on the way to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

were still producing masks guys , so if you need one , dont be shy , just shout up :good:.

Ooh yes please Mel, one for her indoors too please.

I'll PM our addy and if you'd like to send me your paypal a donation too. 

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Ooh yes please Mel, one for her indoors too please.

I'll PM our addy and if you'd like to send me your paypal a donation too. 

ive only just seen this post dave , your pm makes sense now :yes:, ill get the masks in the post mate.:good:

• 3 weeks later...

good evening guys .

just a quick update on things . weve decided to call time on the mask production now . in the begining , we started producing the masks as supplies were pretty much at zero , and most supplies were being diverted to the nhs , this situation has sorted itself out now , and masks are readily available to everyone  from many easily accessible sources (ebay etc) , and they can be bought at a very reasonable cost.

the state of play with the funds and materials is.

about a dozen stamps.

three or four yards of fabric.

£166.96 still in the donations fund.

lin will make masks with the last of the fabric , but when theyve gone , theyve gone, so if you want one , get in quick . once the last few masks have been made and the last of the fabric has been used , the sterile area in the  workshop will be turned back to her normal business . we might start to produce camo face masks for shooting , but obviously these will be a very different product .

as said at the start , left over donations will be given to a suitable charity , if any of the donators have any thoughts as to where it should go , please drop me a message , but , please only those that have donated to the fund , as is only proper.

its been a long old drag over the last few months , and id like to thank all of those that have made donations , and helped in any way , but most of all id like to thank lin , shes worked her fingers to the bone over the last few months , she has had only one or two days off in that time , and has had many very long days , including a fair few 16/18 hour days when things got really busy  , well done girl , youve played a blinder .

having said all of that . should things kick off again , and mask supplies dry up,  weve agreed to start over again.

cheers guys.

Funnily enough I was just thinking the other day how handy some plain olive material (or camo) masks might be for us. In fact I thought I might dye some. :)

When used with a woolly hat I feel they are preferable to almost see through hoods and almost any alternative I've used just seem to hinder the eyes.

Edited by Dave-G

Personally I would give it to that young woman who got knocked from her police horse whilst trying to round up the rabble in London.  My only other 'charity is The British Legion but happy to along with the majority.  If it where my decision it would also be "Arise Sir Mel and Lady Linda"  your contribution has been amazing.

42 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Funnily enough I was just thinking the other day how handy some plain olive material (or camo) masks might be for us. In fact I thought I might dye some. :)

When used with a woolly hat I feel they are preferable to almost see through hoods and almost any alternative I've used just seem to hinder the eyes.

When she makes some dave , I'll pop one into the post for you to test mate .

30 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Personally I would give it to that young woman who got knocked from her police horse whilst trying to round up the rabble in London.  My only other 'charity is The British Legion but happy to along with the majority.  If it where my decision it would also be "Arise Sir Mel and Lady Linda"  your contribution has been amazing.

I can't claim any credit nev , her good self did all the hard graft.