Trump..Wuhan

turbo33

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

No I don't think you need to say allegedly, the work of the lab at Wuhan is level four, that's one of only five in the World at that level. Their work is well documented and also highly respected, and in this field too. Probably the best in the world, they did all the ground breaking work on SARS and Ebola.

I don't believe for one moment it was the source of thisย  infection but its always going to feed the keyboard warriors

I'm not so sure, I certainly don't think there's any evidence the virus was released on purpose, but if you put together the fact it's a lvl 4 facility, less than 20 miles from the epicenter of the outbreak, the fact they were studying Corona virus in bats, safety concerns were raised about it before hand and to top it all off, the SARS virus has escaped several times from other Chinese high bio security facilities several times in the past, just on odds alone, there's got to be a reasonable chance this virus escaped from that lab.

Might have came from the lab, or not. But no doubt Trump is using it to deflect from his stupid comments on disinfectant etc. Most countries including America and the UKย  have similar labs containing virus's that could cause similar incidents if they got out.ย  ย 

Edited by ordnance

2 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Might have came from the lab, or not. But no doubt Trump is using it to deflect from his stupid comments on disinfectant etc. Most countries including America and the UKย  have similar labs containing virus's that could cause similar incidents if they got out.ย  ย 

Agreed and there is still this, as far as I know, unanswered notion that the outbreak in Wuhan is strain B which begs the question what is the origin and timeline of strain A. It's gone very quiet on that.

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

there's got to be a reasonable chance this virus escaped from that lab.

I would agree - in fact I'd say more like a very strong chance. But even if that's true, then what?ย 

As this article in Newsweekย https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/controversial-wuhan-lab-experiments-that-may-have-started-coronavirus-pandemic-1500503%3famp=1 points out, the research into coronaviruses that was being done in Wuhan was in part financed by the United States itself and was in no way extraordinary or nefarious. And thisย ' gain of function' research isn't unique to China. In other words, there are plenty of other countries where a recreated or altered pathogen could potentially escape, and in fact has done so on on more than one occasion.

Here's my theory.

1) A lab worker from the Wuhan research centre accidentally got infected with a virus they were working on. If they only developed light symptoms theyย may not even haveย  been aware of what happened.

2) The lab worker tookย the virus into the local community.ย 

3) Individual cases started appearing in hospitals and doctors beganย to ask questions.

4) Local CP officials began doing some investigating and found the doctors concerns to be true.

5) The local officials put two and two together and realized what must haveย happened.

6) And here's where it went wrong. Fearing they'd get it in the neck from higher up, the Wuhan and Huban CP officials and safety bods tried to cover up what had happened by silencing the doctors and refusing to acknowledge an outbreak at all. Probably they were hoping that with luck it might just fizzle out on it's own and aย local safety breach could be swept under the carpet. But as we know it didn't fizzle out, it spread like crazy.

6) As the disease spread, now local people too began to ask questions. And so on, up the chain. An explanation was required andย as thereย happened to be a large cluster of infection centred on the wet market (like later in Korea there was a cluster centred on a church), the theory of transmission from some animal there was pounced on as a plausible and handy get out that didn't attract blame from either Beijing or ordinary people. And who's to say it wasn'tย  true anyway?

7) The rest, as they say, is history.

ย 

ย 

7 hours ago, Retsdon said:

I would agree - in fact I'd say more like a very strong chance. But even if that's true, then what?ย 

As this article in Newsweekย https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/controversial-wuhan-lab-experiments-that-may-have-started-coronavirus-pandemic-1500503%3famp=1 points out, the research into coronaviruses that was being done in Wuhan was in part financed by the United States itself and was in no way extraordinary or nefarious. And thisย ' gain of function' research isn't unique to China. In other words, there are plenty of other countries where a recreated or altered pathogen could potentially escape, and in fact has done so on on more than one occasion.

Here's my theory.

1) A lab worker from the Wuhan research centre accidentally got infected with a virus they were working on. If they only developed light symptoms theyย may not even haveย  been aware of what happened.

2) The lab worker tookย the virus into the local community.ย 

3) Individual cases started appearing in hospitals and doctors beganย to ask questions.

4) Local CP officials began doing some investigating and found the doctors concerns to be true.

5) The local officials put two and two together and realized what must haveย happened.

6) And here's where it went wrong. Fearing they'd get it in the neck from higher up, the Wuhan and Huban CP officials and safety bods tried to cover up what had happened by silencing the doctors and refusing to acknowledge an outbreak at all. Probably they were hoping that with luck it might just fizzle out on it's own and aย local safety breach could be swept under the carpet. But as we know it didn't fizzle out, it spread like crazy.

6) As the disease spread, now local people too began to ask questions. And so on, up the chain. An explanation was required andย as thereย happened to be a large cluster of infection centred on the wet market (like later in Korea there was a cluster centred on a church), the theory of transmission from some animal there was pounced on as a plausible and handy get out that didn't attract blame from either Beijing or ordinary people. And who's to say it wasn'tย  true anyway?

7) The rest, as they say, is history.

ย 

ย 

hello, you may find watching the bbc hard talk interesting,ย  interview with the Chinese Ambassador in UK

50 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, you may find watching the bbc hard talk interesting,ย  interview with the Chinese Ambassador in UK

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it. But the BBC is hard to watch from overseas. They block everything.

On 01/05/2020 at 17:00, Gordon R said:

He can come across as thick, but the UK has him beaten hands down in the "thick stakes":-

Ed Millband, Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott, Sadiq Khan, Nicolaย Sturgeon, Chuka Umunna, Anna Soubry and many more.

I.e most of the political body in the uk ..... not too many of them make sense they are all unable to ANSWER a question with a straight answer but keep reeling out about "what about blah blah blah " avoiding the actual answer to the question

2 hours ago, hodge911 said:

I.e most of the political body in the uk ..... not too many of them make sense they are all unable to ANSWER a question with a straight answer but keep reeling out about "what about blah blah blah " avoiding the actual answer to the question

Yes, that really aggravates me.ย Boris Johnson wasย particularly bad for that, I cannot listen to him as it is all bluster. At least Jacob Reese Mogg, whilst insane did have the intellect to answer directly. Kier Starmer does to an extent. Nonethelessย I have to turn Radio 4 off when any politician is interviewed as it boils my blood. Iโ€™m glad the Tories are hiding from the Today programme, just wish Labour and everyone else would too rather than insult us with weaselly wordedย lies and distorted truths.ย 
ย 

Interviewer: Asks a straight question about ย X ย 

Politician: โ€œWhat concerns the people of this great country right now is Y, thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m hearing questions about from the hard working men and women in my constituency. Only last week I met anย elderlyย disabledย disadvantaged single mother veteran and she said that Y is causing her huge problems, this was created by the last administration and it is thisย governmentโ€™s job to Sort It Out.โ€ย 
ย 

Interviewer: โ€œThat is very interesting, if I may draw you backย to X..โ€

Politician: *throws dead cat onto the table*

Interviewer: โ€œOh look a dead catโ€

Me: *Radio off*

Edited by WalkedUp

10 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Yes, that really aggravates me.ย Boris Johnson wasย particularly bad for that, I cannot listen to him as it is all bluster. At least Jacob Reese Mogg, whilst insane did have the intellect to answer directly. Kier Starmer does to an extent. Nonethelessย I have to turn Radio 4 off when any politician is interviewed as it boils my blood. Iโ€™m glad the Tories are hiding from the Today programme, just wish Labour and everyone else would too rather than insult us with weaselly wordedย lies and distorted truths.ย 
ย 

Politician: โ€œWhat concerns the people of this great country right now is Y, thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m hearing questions about from the hard working men and women in my constituency. Only last week I met anย elderlyย disabledย disadvantaged single mother veteran and she said that Y is causing her huge problems, this was created by the last administration and it is thisย governmentโ€™s job to Sort It Out.โ€ย 
ย 

LOL (not really funny but bang on the money!)

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

ย 

ย 

That's a superbย grasp of most political interviews, the other is to load the debate by fielding politically loaded rivals of the interviewee. Any truly sensible politician shouldย be selective about who he allows to potentially rip him to shreds but most just crave publicity of any kind.