The lockdown must be a torment for some people.

Retsdon

I consider myself very fortunate to live where I do; even my former home town is rural and a nice place to live. We can get out for hours at a time if we wish; I've done more sketching outdoors than I've ever done I think. 

I really feel for those who live in blocks of flats and similar...imagine being stuck somewhere with no garden for the kids to get out into, and every time you do a shop you have to take the stairs cos when the lift doors open there's someone already in it. It must be very hard. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I consider myself very fortunate to live where I do; even my former home town is rural and a nice place to live. We can get out for hours at a time if we wish; I've done more sketching outdoors than I've ever done I think. 

I really feel for those who live in blocks of flats and similar...imagine being stuck somewhere with no garden for the kids to get out into, and every time you do a shop you have to take the stairs cos when the lift doors open there's someone already in it. It must be very hard. 

Agree, I am almost 2 miles from the main road , me and the wee birds around the garden have formed an amazing  bond , the young lambs and young calves out the back of my house are amazing to watch  , the farm lads pass on there tractors  give a wave . 

Every time I see these neighbors threads I am reminded of the time my neighbor bought a helicopter off eBay because “it was only $60,000”. He then watched a YouTube video on how to fly a helicopter.  Then proceeds to take off, hit a tree and send rotor blades into the side of my house and got me into the middle of a FFA investigation. That being said it’s still better then the bagpipe **** I just watched.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Every time I see these neighbors threads I am reminded of the time my neighbor bought a helicopter off eBay because “it was only $60,000”. He then watched a YouTube video on how to fly a helicopter.  Then proceeds to take off, hit a tree and send rotor blades into the side of my house and got me into the middle of a FFA investigation. That being said it’s still better then the bagpipe **** I just watched.  

In the late 90's if I recall correctly, a good  old friend  bought a second hand microlight , no license and no experience in anything aviation. He went to a place in Wales to buy it and duly handed over a bundle of cash. The seller apparently gave some informal instruction, pointed out a few dials and handles and that was the aviation lesson. My friend jumped in and off he went, after hitting a good speed up he went vertical and got up to about 50 foot in the air. The craft then stalled and he came back to earth with a bang, the aircraft was a write off and he told me from his hospital bed that it was the fastest he had ever lost a few thousand pounds. I spoke to him was several years ago and he still had not changed his ways. :crazy:

Apologies for the derail.

Edited by 7daysinaweek

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

In the late 90's if I recall correctly, a good  old friend  bought a second hand microlight , no license and no experience in anything aviation. He went to a place in Wales to buy it and duly handed over a bundle of cash. The seller apparently gave some informal instruction, pointed out a few dials and handles and that was the aviation lesson. My friend jumped in and off he went, after hitting a good speed up he went vertical and got up to about 50 foot in the air. The craft then stalled and he came back to earth with a bang, the aircraft was a write off and he told me from his hospital bed that it was the fastest he had ever lost a few thousand pounds. I spoke to him was several years ago and he still had not changed his ways. :crazy:

Please tell me that he was English.  It's antics like this that make me feel proud to be English 😊

2 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

In the late 90's if I recall correctly, a good  old friend  bought a second hand microlight , no license and no experience in anything aviation. He went to a place in Wales to buy it and duly handed over a bundle of cash. The seller apparently gave some informal instruction, pointed out a few dials and handles and that was the aviation lesson. My friend jumped in and off he went, after hitting a good speed up he went vertical and got up to about 50 foot in the air. The craft then stalled and he came back to earth with a bang, the aircraft was a write off and he told me from his hospital bed that it was the fastest he had ever lost a few thousand pounds. I spoke to him was several years ago and he still had not changed his ways. 

Almost identical to what happened to me 😂.  Two seater helicopter, no experience, no license, destroyed helicopter that’s a total write off.  

On 03/05/2020 at 09:44, Retsdon said:

Imagine living opposite this...

Well maybe I’m the only one who thought it was bloody brilliant 😁. We have a guy a couple of streets away that once a week sets his equipment up and belts out the likes of Michael bublé, breaks up the mundane days stuck inside