Amazon Prime

steve_b_wales

My daughter signed up with the above, and my family use her account to order goods. I ordered Araldite rapid (which I needed quickly) and to get the Prime offer, I had to order 3 lots. No problem there. They were supposed to be delivered next day (yesterday) but Amazon have used good old R. Mail, who sent a message saying that the package is delayed, and won't be delivered until 6th-7th! Usually, Amazon use their own couriers.

18 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

My daughter signed up with the above, and my family use her account to order goods. I ordered Araldite rapid (which I needed quickly) and to get the Prime offer, I had to order 3 lots. No problem there. They were supposed to be delivered next day (yesterday) but Amazon have used good old R. Mail, who sent a message saying that the package is delayed, and won't be delivered until 6th-7th! Usually, Amazon use their own couriers.

Had the same. Think you have to check its coming from amazon direct to get prime nxt day and not third party. 

I have Amazon Prime - mainly for the 'free' premium delivery.  Generally it is reliable, but two things to watch for;

1. It claims 'next day', but a number of items that are marked as 'free delivery for Prime members' aren't actually true 'next day', often being two days.  It is quite clearly stated, but a bit 'misleading' to call it 'next day'.
  2. About 90+% of the time - they do meet promised delivery, but occasionally they don't and very occasionally the parcel never arrives (in which case replacement/refund is quick and easy).

I have had a few items delivered via Royal Mail from amazon. 
if I recall they were all sent 48hr. 

I think amazon were told they couldn’t use the next day delivery tag anymore as they were not fulfilling it in a good amount of cases.  

8 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

If you really wanted you could complain that it took longer than you expected. I’ve done it before and had a refund for low value items.

As it's my daughter's account, I'll mention it to her. The annoying part was that to get Prime next day delivery, 3 of the same items had to be ordered!

13 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

As it's my daughter's account, I'll mention it to her. The annoying part was that to get Prime next day delivery, 3 of the same items had to be ordered!

That's what I would quote, say you only ordered 3 for the delivery and you'll probably get a refund. 

15 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I’ve never experienced that before. I usually click the little “Prime” filter, which shows only Prime delivery options on a search.

If it states that you need to order a min of 3 items then fair enough, it states that at time of ordering. Small price items would not be worth packing and transport costs would they ? hence upping the minimum amount. 

Yesterday I ordered a light for the back of the truck,it is in the back of the truck now, and using Amazon Gift card it was £5 cheaper.

51 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

I’ve never experienced that before. I usually click the little “Prime” filter, which shows only Prime delivery options on a search.

When ordering, to get the 'Prime next day' offer, I had to order three of the item. 

16 minutes ago, Dougy said:

If it states that you need to order a min of 3 items then fair enough, it states that at time of ordering. Small price items would not be worth packing and transport costs would they ? hence upping the minimum amount. 

Yesterday I ordered a light for the back of the truck,it is in the back of the truck now, and using Amazon Gift card it was £5 cheaper.

I've ordered a memory card via Prime next day in the past, and it arrived as expected.

3 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I complained about something like that and got my months fee refunded. It doesn’t hurt to give them a call to complain.

18 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

When ordering, to get the 'Prime next day' offer, I had to order three of the item. 

I've ordered a memory card via Prime next day in the past, and it arrived as expected.

I dont know Steve, i was just thinking about the most logical reason, i have received items that i ordered the night before, similar to yesterday. No fuel cost from me and i can spend a few minutes on PW.. 

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I dont know Steve, i was just thinking about the most logical reason, i have received items that i ordered the night before, similar to yesterday. No fuel cost from me and i can spend a few minutes on PW.. 

It's strange I know. I've asked my daughter to lodge a complaint with Amazon, perhaps I'll get a few bob back. 

One of our subscribe and save (toilet roll) didn't turn up and online said multiple of things. I made two phonecalls about it - assured on the second (when I could still have ordered it for next day for £16) that it would be coming. On checking later it said not available so I went to just order it next day to find they had gone up to £25 (don't you just love dynamic pricing) so another phone call - I got refunded £27 onto my account - and ordered a pack 50% bigger!! for £26 so free trips to the you know where for the next 4 or 5 months :D