Anyone know anyone who has (a) died (b) died before their time due to Covid?

Mungler

On 28/11/2020 at 13:35, blackbird said:

Nobody I know & the same goes for anybody dropping  the lottery big time 😂

Lottery story,  guy wins the lottery.  Buys the house across the street from me.   Buys helicopter.  Watches Youtube videos on how to fly helicopter.  He hops this thing around the yard for about a week.  I scream at him to stop being a pussy,  jerk the stick back and ride it out.  So eventually he gets his nerve up and jerks the stick back.  Gets 20ft off the ground goes sideways hits a tree.  Send helicopter pieces across my yard.  He literally was carrying a full tank of aviation fuel that explodes.  He wasn’t buckled in and laying in the yard with pieces of helicopter laying around him.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsoctv.com/news/local/small-aircraft-crashes-in-lincoln-county/742630301/%3foutputType=amp

Edited by NoBodyImportant

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Lottery story,  guy wins the lottery.  Buys the house across the street from me.   Buys helicopter.  Watches Youtube videos on how to fly helicopter.  He hops this thing around the yard for about a week.  I scream at him to stop being a pussy,  jerk the stick back and ride it out.  So eventually he gets his nerve up and jerks the stick back.  Gets 20ft off the ground goes sideways hits a tree.  Send helicopter pieces across my yard.  He literally was carrying a full tank of aviation fuel that explodes.  He wasn’t buckled in and laying in the yard with pieces of helicopter laying around him.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsoctv.com/news/local/small-aircraft-crashes-in-lincoln-county/742630301/%3foutputType=amp

So your John?

The crash was your fault then for baiting him 🙂

Found out this afternoon that my mum has just tested positive for Covid. She’s been going to a physio due to a back problem, but other than that in full lockdown. Due to have the inoculation start of February. Has developed a very high fever since the middle of the week. She’s only 64 but has had two strokes, asthma and a weak heart. ***. Pretty tempted to break lockdown to be with her, either way, but will need to sacrifice my business for a couple of weeks. 

6 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Found out this afternoon that my mum has just tested positive for Covid. She’s been going to a physio due to a back problem, but other than that in full lockdown. Due to have the inoculation start of February. Has developed a very high fever since the middle of the week. She’s only 64 but has had two strokes, asthma and a weak heart. ***. Pretty tempted to break lockdown to be with her, either way, but will need to sacrifice my business for a couple of weeks. 

That's tough and hope all turns out well.

43 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Fingers crossed for your mom , I hope it all works out well .

On 20/01/2021 at 07:29, Mice! said:

Could your Doctor not take your bloods? Can't blame you wanting to avoid the hospital. 

Nope - my doctors surgery do not converse with the renal unit 5 miles away - belive me I've tried. I have a lady comes round every 3 months to take blood for an  Eprex level and the hospital agreed to pay the company to take extra blood during the previous lockdown, but no such arangement has been organised this time . 

Some details of today’s deaths as reported by the BBC

A further 563 people who tested positive for coronavirus have died in hospital in England, bringing the total number of confirmed deaths reported in hospitals to 71,789, NHS England says.

Patients were aged between 24 and 99. 

All except 29 people, aged between 34 and 97, had known underlying health conditions.  - full credit to the 97 year old who made it to that age without any underlying health conditions! 

The deaths were between December 14 and January 30. - this is always what I find weird. When the ‘daily’ stats are reported they aren’t actually deaths that day but often people who have died weeks/months before. 

18 hours ago, AVB said:

The deaths were between December 14 and January 30. - this is always what I find weird. When the ‘daily’ stats are reported they aren’t actually deaths that day but often people who have died weeks/months before. 

If you go to this site https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

It gives you both stats , date reported and actual date of death, theres always a lag on the latter.
Theres also a lag for over the weekend deaths for obvious reasons, the quoted daily death rate is never really true, as in '1800 people died yesterday' 

• 2 weeks later...