fatchap

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

He wasn’t ‘sacked’, but working for a temp agency who ‘won’t be using him again’.

To me, it’s not act or placement of the Snowman, but his conduct and deceit.

Its not unreasonable to expect certain standards from employees. If your bin man/ delivery driver/ shop assistant etc was say, spitting in front of Customers, would you not ‘have a word’?

Wilful destruction (it was actually place on a private parking space and not the highway or public footpath) was imho immature and unnecessary. But lying and saying he only did it in order to get the bin back, when he had clearly already done so, was his undoing. 

It was probably his conduct beyond and after this incident that sealed his fate- or if you see his little whiny interview.

Im not sure you would be so forgiving if the scrote knocked over a poppy wreath or your garden xmas display? 

19 and a child on the way. Might be a bit prejudiced basing my opinion on looks/actions and words, but his past ‘history’ doesn’t endear him.

Ps, have some ‘ging’ too 🙂

Well that's a success then, probably put the whole family on the state?

Sledgehammer and nut comes to mind. Some of the agencies I experienced in the past were a tad unsavoury.

Worked for a few agencies myself never again I'd rather be on the dole or whatever its called now. Most of them just want you on thier books as it looks good but very rarely call you for work. One that I won't mention the name of did give me plenty of work they say its long term work and you get all exited. work 3 weeks then they tell you the company don't need you. A week later they ring again telling you to go back there simply because if you work 4 weeks uninterupted by law they have to pay you holiday pay.

Its a right mixed bag this thread ain't it?

Edited by fatchap

21 minutes ago, old man said:

Well that's a success then, probably put the whole family on the state?

Sledgehammer and nut comes to mind. Some of the agencies I experienced in the past were a tad unsavoury.

Do you honestly not believe he would be ‘on the state’ at some time soon,  regardless of his sacking?

The articles I have read purely as I mentioned, that they will not be requiring his services in the future. Not sacked but Hereford Council who utilise this AgencY have stated this sort of behaviour wouldn’t be tolerated. 
As I said, any other Professional such as a member of the Police service, and people would be saying their behaviour was a disgrace.

31 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Better if the parents were more concerned with the fat kids diet 😂

What does his weight have to do with the price of fish? Who is to say that the family building snowmen and playing outside wasn’t the start of a New Years health kick? At least they got a bit of outdoor exercise in those conditions- did you?

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Its not unreasonable to expect certain standards from employees. If your bin man/ delivery driver/ shop assistant etc was say, spitting in front of Customers, would you not ‘have a word’?

Agree completely. 

However there is something about it that makes my blood boil. If it had have been my binman and my boys’ snowman he’d have more than a flea in his ear. Though I wouldn’t have built one in the street so maybe it’s a moot point. 

3 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Agree completely. 

However there is something about it that makes my blood boil. If it had have been my binman and my boys’ snowman he’d have more than a flea in his ear. Though I wouldn’t have built one in the street so maybe it’s a moot point. 

Was built on their own parking space from the photos I’ve seen! 

So, shrine to an RTA victim at the side of the road. Acceptable to kick the **** out of it because it’s on a public highway? 

Edited by Jaymo

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if we fire everyone who makes a foolish mistake the entire country would be unemployed a apology was enough if the council was that bothered the others who didn’t stop him should also go or are they not temps? hmmm the councils over reaction will just land taxpayers with another benefit bill 

He refused to apologise so was fired.

6 hours ago, fatchap said:

Reading a story on The Suns's online pages. A binman has apparently been sacked for going all Bruce Lee on a snowman. He kicked its head off. And lost his job. Now in my opinion that is just a tad over the top reaction from his employers, Like he said it was going to melt anyway.

A warning would have been adequate unless he was drinking at last chance saloon with them anyway.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13888102/binman-sacked-kung-fu-kicked-snowman-melt/

at last a subject that i can comment on :yes:.

as most of you know , im a driver / supervisor on a bin lorry . if he had been one of my crew , i would have called him into the lorry , taken him back to the yard , and dumped his sorry xxx ,and id have replaced him with another agency loader ,  that wasnt an idiot , and had more respect for the public.

i know that my actions might sound a little harsh , but ill list the reasons why .

when you work for the local authority , youre a public servant , lots of people work hard to pay your wages , and deserve better than to have you messing around and wasting their hard earned money .

beating the poop out of a snowman , makes you look like a bit of a knob , but , it doesnt only make you look like a knob , it also makes the rest of the guys on your crew , and every other local authority worker look like a knob.

when you work for the council , a lot of the public automatically dislike you , so acting like a complete numpty in front of them , will just make them dislike you and all other council workers even more , and doing it on camera just makes you thick.

this is a biggie for me.

some kid has spent hours making that snowman , and that snowman is that kids pride and joy , its odds on that the snowman is right outside that kids house , and its also odds on that the kid will spend all day admiring their hard work out of the window . for some working age man to come along and destroy it for fun, or to look hard , is just a really xxxx thing to do.

im pretty easy going with my crews at work , i dont expect them to run like maniacs all day long , but i do expect them to keep up a respectable pace . i dont expect them to walk along in silence with their heads bowed , but i do expect them to get the work done without shouting and swearing at each other , or standing still to talk (if you cant work and talk , then just work) . i dont like my loaders to walk around with mobile phones stuck to their ears (or with headphones) , its dangerous when youre working in live traffic , and youre not paid to spend all day arguing with your mrs on the phone(i have no issue whatsoever if one of the guys needs to take or make an important call). , i will not have my crews being rude to members of the public (even when the members of the public deserves it) , im the one that has to answer for and justify  any rudeness , so im the one thatll do it .

everybody that knows me , knows that i love the craic , but theirs a time and a place , yes you can often have the craic with the public , but you also need to remember that you work for them . you also need to remember , that as a binman , youre most likely to be the only representative of the local authority that most people will ever see .

i wont mention mild cheddar on toast , or gingers ,  both subjects are  just too offensive for words , so lets never speak of either again please.

42 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Another point why is the guys CCTV recording other people’s windows/properties???

Because it’s not illegal, they are focussing in on the parking area and not targeting a specific neighbours window!

Ours covers the driveway and in one corner in the distance is part of a neighbours house, am I watching her? No, it’s an incidental occurance. 
Everyone with a ring doorbell is potentially recording over the road or will capture someone passing, should they be banned?

We live in a Country with one of they greatest amounts of cctv per capita, which will inevitably record more than the intended target. 

If this is your best defence for the lout, then I would suggest you avoid the legal profession and maybe look into tabloid journalism? 

Mel, nice to have you on another thread than Covid 👍

We posted at the same time and glad you can see it from the same perspective- your in the Public eye and your every move, like it or not, will be scrutinised.

19 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

at last a subject that i can comment on :yes:.

as most of you know , im a driver / supervisor on a bin lorry . if he had been one of my crew , i would have called him into the lorry , taken him back to the yard , and dumped his sorry xxx ,and id have replaced him with another agency loader ,  that wasnt an idiot , and had more respect for the public.

i know that my actions might sound a little harsh , but ill list the reasons why .

when you work for the local authority , youre a public servant , lots of people work hard to pay your wages , and deserve better than to have you messing around and wasting their hard earned money .

beating the poop out of a snowman , makes you look like a bit of a knob , but , it doesnt only make you look like a knob , it also makes the rest of the guys on your crew , and every other local authority worker look like a knob.

when you work for the council , a lot of the public automatically dislike you , so acting like a complete numpty in front of them , will just make them dislike you and all other council workers even more , and doing it on camera just makes you thick.

this is a biggie for me.

some kid has spent hours making that snowman , and that snowman is that kids pride and joy , its odds on that the snowman is right outside that kids house , and its also odds on that the kid will spend all day admiring their hard work out of the window . for some working age man to come along and destroy it for fun, or to look hard , is just a really xxxx thing to do.

im pretty easy going with my crews at work , i dont expect them to run like maniacs all day long , but i do expect them to keep up a respectable pace . i dont expect them to walk along in silence with their heads bowed , but i do expect them to get the work done without shouting and swearing at each other , or standing still to talk (if you cant work and talk , then just work) . i dont like my loaders to walk around with mobile phones stuck to their ears (or with headphones) , its dangerous when youre working in live traffic , and youre not paid to spend all day arguing with your mrs on the phone(i have no issue whatsoever if one of the guys needs to take or make an important call). , i will not have my crews being rude to members of the public (even when the members of the public deserves it) , im the one that has to answer for and justify  any rudeness , so im the one thatll do it .

everybody that knows me , knows that i love the craic , but theirs a time and a place , yes you can often have the craic with the public , but you also need to remember that you work for them . you also need to remember , that as a binman , youre most likely to be the only representative of the local authority that most people will ever see .

i wont mention mild cheddar on toast , or gingers ,  both subjects are  just too offensive for words , so lets never speak of either again please.

Good post 👍

24 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Just clarify I'm NOT Ginger I am now grey and skin, mainly skin with a few grey bits at the side which get shaved off so I do not look like Brother Fatchap.

i must confess , that i do rather like a chap with a bald head , its the only way :good:.

looking at the original post , and reading between the lines , his bosses were probably glad of a reason to get rid of him . just by watching the short video , you can see that he was an idiot . 

i work with lots of agency guys , most are decent hard working guys , that would love a permanent job , but , some of them are long term unemployed , that have been forced off the dole . the decent guys hang around for a long time , and sometimes get permanent jobs(well deserved too ) , but the dead heads dont usually hang around for too long.

6 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

looking at the original post , and reading between the lines , his bosses were probably glad of a reason to get rid of him . just by watching the short video , you can see that he was an idiot . 

i work with lots of agency guys , most are decent hard working guys , that would love a permanent job , but , some of them are long term unemployed , that have been forced off the dole . the decent guys hang around for a long time , and sometimes get permanent jobs(well deserved too ) , but the dead heads dont usually hang around for too long.

I reckon he was pretty much on his way out anyway. Probably the excuse his bosses where looking for and he gave it to them.

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

I reckon he was pretty much on his way out anyway. Probably the excuse his bosses where looking for and he gave it to them.

youre probably right there gaz.

reading about his recent conviction , im surprised that the local authority employed him , hes certainly not the sort of guy that youd want dealing with a very irate member of the public , but on the other hand , he was employed by an agency , so the local authority wouldnt know anything of his background .