henry d

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Pangolin said:

Not picking a fight or anything but why do you think its time to worry?

It was mungler who said it was time to worry when younger people were being hospitalised or dying and I provided a link, the underlined word if you are not familiar, which shows that "nearly 56% of deaths due to Covid-19 in the 20-49 age group" in the past two months.

👍

3 minutes ago, henry d said:

It was mungler who said it was time to worry when younger people were being hospitalised or dying and I provided a link, the underlined word if you are not familiar, which shows that "nearly 56% of deaths due to Covid-19 in the 20-49 age group" in the past two months.

👍

Ah, ok, didnt realise the underlined was a link.

9 hours ago, henry d said:

Sorry but it's time to worry

Really? I haven't actually worried once, while the situation is bad and I feel for anyone affected, panicky isn't going to achieve anything. Keep calm and carry on!

33 minutes ago, henry d said:

👍

Edited by 12gauge82

26 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Really? I haven't actually worried once, while the situation is bad and I feel for anyone affected, panicky isn't going to achieve anything. Keep calm and carry on!

Same, the only thing that has bothered me are the restrictions and people ******** themselves. People act like covid is ebola fgs.

I cant see why people would be worrying now, even SAGE think that the Indian variant may be up to 50% more transmissible but not more deadly, people seem to be confusing transmissible with deadly. With all the ages groups pretty much covered, I cant see the issue.

I know of only 2 people that had it, one who is 25, he felt a bit tired, fine after 3 days. The other was in his 50s and had an atrocious diet of biscuits and takeaways, couldnt walk more than 20yrds without being out of breathe so I'm not surprised he kicked it, suppose he made his bed with his lifestyle.

I've now been offered the vaccine (in my 30s) but wont be bother having it (no I'm not an antivaxxer, I wouldnt bother with the flu vaccine if they offered that either). Vaccines work, had others in the past etc but will give this one a few years and have it if I really need it to travel abroad at some point.

Edited by Pangolin

23 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Same, the only thing that has bothered me are the restrictions and people ******** themselves. People act like covid is ebola fgs.

I cant see why people would be worrying now, even SAGE think that the Indian variant may be up to 50% more transmissible but not more deadly, people seem to be confusing transmissible with deadly. With all the ages groups pretty much covered, I cant see the issue.

I know of only 2 people that had it, one who is 25, he felt a bit tired, fine after 3 days. The other was in his 50s and had an atrocious diet of biscuits and takeaways, couldnt walk more than 20yrds without being out of breathe so I'm not surprised he kicked it, suppose he made his bed with his lifestyle.

I've now been offered the vaccine (in my 30s) but wont be bother having it (no I'm not an antivaxxer, I wouldnt bother with the flu vaccine if they offered that either). Vaccines work, had others in the past etc but will give this one a few years and have it if I really need it to travel abroad at some point.

Yeah I feel the same, I've never seen so much histeria. 

And I get why you might not have a vaccine, if you look at my earlier posts I was discussing why the young might perfectly logically decide not to bother. 

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yeah I feel the same, I've never seen so much histeria. 

And I get why you might not have a vaccine, if you look at my earlier posts I was discussing why the young might perfectly logically decide not to bother. 

Yeah I did see.

See if anything I say now gets shut down with chants of antivaxxer haha.

Edited by Pangolin

Yeah I did see.

See if anything I say now gets shut down with chants of antivaxxer haha.

Like someone said earlier, some people are loosing the ability to think critically. 

I see it as no different to driving a car, people die on the road everyday, but your individual risk is very low, if your young, fit and healthy it's no different and everyone still gets in a car. 

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

Like someone said earlier, some people are loosing the ability to think critically. 

I see it as no different to driving a car, people die on the road everyday, but your individual risk is very low, if your young, fit and healthy it's no different and everyone still gets in a car. 

Yes they are, its infuriating.

I think I posted this on another thread but I was at a permission (pre India variant), a bloke came to drop an invoice off for the land owner, we started chatting etx, next thing this bloke says "its not getting any better is it?".

Now this was when deaths were under like 10 a week, I stayed silent but I was thinking "are you ******* mental". With that kind of attitude we will never crack on.

Now with the Indian variant-

Thought to be more transmissible - high cases are not equating to high deaths.

Hospital capacity - hardly any covid patients in hospitals in the effected areas. The groups that initially filled the hospitals in 2020 are vaccinated.

The groups that contributed to 99% of UK deaths are pretty much all vaccinated.

I cant see what there is to fear, we must move on now, as Julia Hartley Brewer said on her programme, this is as good as it gets, live with it, you either believe the vaccines work and they're our way out or they dont work.

12 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

I think I posted this on another thread but I was at a permission (pre India variant), a bloke came to drop an invoice off for the land owner, we started chatting etx, next thing this bloke says "its not getting any better is it?".

Now this was when deaths were under like 10 a week, I stayed silent but I was thinking "are you ******* mental". With that kind of attitude we will never crack on.

Hospital capacity - hardly any covid patients in hospitals in the effected areas. The groups that initially filled the hospitals in 2020 are vaccinated.

I cant see what there is to fear, we must move on now, as Julia Hartley Brewer said on her programme, this is as good as it gets, live with it, you either believe the vaccines work and they're our way out or they dont work.

Well said 👍

9 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

I know what your saying,  the vaccine won't stop the virus though,  but hopefully keeps people out of hospital lessening the impact if you catch it. 

But things aren't great in some areas.

20210520_191227.jpg.2ac9ec43d6e00d0e1c9f2710151975fd.jpg

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/blackburn-faces-critical-next-two-20612789

Blackburn has been a problem area throughout along with other areas.

7 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I know what your saying,  the vaccine won't stop the virus though,  but hopefully keeps people out of hospital lessening the impact if you catch it. 

But things aren't great in some areas.

20210520_191227.jpg.2ac9ec43d6e00d0e1c9f2710151975fd.jpg

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/blackburn-faces-critical-next-two-20612789

Blackburn has been a problem area throughout along with other areas.

We cant just sit here until it stops. Its time to live with it and accept risk and deaths as there will always be both.

We cant just sit here until it stops. Its time to live with it and accept risk and deaths as there will always be both.

I don't think we are just sitting here, people are having the vaccine in droves every day in order to get back to normal,  lad I work with is adamant he's not having it, I'm sure a lot around Blackburn thought the same, but there are lots of people now wanting the vaccine because of the Indian variant. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I don't think we are just sitting here, people are having the vaccine in droves every day in order to get back to normal,  lad I work with is adamant he's not having it, I'm sure a lot around Blackburn thought the same, but there are lots of people now wanting the vaccine because of the Indian variant. 

People are daft, not for wanting the vaccine but for wanting to live in permanent lock down. Once the vaccine program is done we need to just accept the virus is a risk. It's exactly like driving a car, we know if cars are on the road people will die, we mitigate the risk as much as reasonably possible, with thinks like tests, seat belts and airbags ect, but we don't stop driving. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

People are daft, not for wanting the vaccine but for wanting to live in permanent lock down

I can't imagine anyone wants to be in a permanent lockdown,  getting out for rugby last week and some beers afterwards was great, I doubt we would have stayed out so long sat on wet picnic benches under normal circumstances.

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Once the vaccine program is done we need to just accept the virus is a risk.

It is a risk, but risks have to be managed,  that's why I don't agree with people travelling to or from areas such as India where there are obvious problems,  then bringing that problem home with them.

2 hours ago, Pangolin said:

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Its still early days here with the indian variant, sure we're better vaccinated - except hose who won't. But we can't unsee all the funeral pyres in India and the bodies floating in the river Ganges that people bathe in, and hospitals running out of oxygen. :oops:

Edited by Dave-G

Its not just about dying though, its only now emerging what damage has been done by the virus to those who have had the infection and apparantly recovered. Even to people who were not seriously affected.

My neice in law had it last summer, she was in hospital for a week on oxygen but was never considered to be that badly affected. Ten months on, she is still feeling tired, not really her old self. She is back at work but at times its a struggle 

14 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Its not just about dying though, its only now emerging what damage has been done by the virus to those who have had the infection and apparantly recovered. Even to people who were not seriously affected.

My neice in law had it last summer, she was in hospital for a week on oxygen but was never considered to be that badly affected. Ten months on, she is still feeling tired, not really her old self. She is back at work but at times its a struggle 

Yes something some tend to overlook. 

Organ damage caused by COVID-19

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

• Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, (even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms). This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
  • Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
  • Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

23 hours ago, ordnance said:

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

• Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, (even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms). This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.
  • Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.
  • Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Agree spot-on with you.

While a lot of the anti-vaxxers seem to choose the macho route, they should just give the above a little consideration.

On 24/05/2021 at 19:27, ordnance said:

Also from the same article "It's important to remember that most people who have COVID-19 recover quickly. "