Reporting covid stats'

ditchman

am i stupid or just missing stuff in my old age ...but i havnt seen or heard of the daily infection rate and death figures for 2 days now.............

if they have reported it ................it was bloody quick never to be seen again.......................strange me-thinks

??????

58 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

double what it was last week, which is a bit worrying. Not that long ago it was in the 3000s  

There has recently been some tutorials circulating social media on how to get false positive readings with the lateral flow tests using fruit juice.

I wonder how much of the spike is down to kids filing false readings to get 10 days off school/work.

1 hour ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

There has recently been some tutorials circulating social media on how to get false positive readings with the lateral flow tests using fruit juice.

I wonder how much of the spike is down to kids filing false readings to get 10 days off school/work.

i know of nurses denied time off    and eat an orange do a test    two weeks off with pay        go figure    and they are not at home and holiday pay is still there when needed  its ripping the **** 

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

The advice is to get a PCR test after a positive rapid flow.

Our employees are obligated to provide the PCR test results, and I think most others will expect the same.

I think obligating people to provide their test results is a bit ott. I find like all relationships, if built on trust it becomes a much more mutually beneficial work place. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think obligating people to provide their test results is a bit ott. I find like all relationships, if built on trust it becomes a much more mutually beneficial work place. 

Ordinarily I'd agree .. let me give you some context.

Remember back to last year, when most folks locked themselves away for April & May ...

Some of us kept producing to feed the country ... our team were scared, and knowing that one of our team could have caught the virus and 'left us' was concerning to say the least.

Back then, we knew our factory didn't have Covid .. it was only the employees who would ever bring it in. We went out of our way to communicate that any cough, headache for them or their families etc ... then stay home, and go and get yourself a test (we'll cover your pay 100%) ... we even found occupational health provider could do tests at 200 quid a go ... and we did plenty!

By paying every penny of time that folks were off (whilst waiting for test results for them and family members etc), we kept trust high, and kept Covid out of the plant for well beyond the average for our type on industry.

When folks eventually tested positive, sick pay was the last thing on anyone's mind .. it was making sure the employee and their family were OK, checking for close contacts, getting them isolated, and understanding their movements so we could get deep cleaning completed. We were very clear that if absence levels dropped to a point where safety or quality would likely be affected then we'd shut, and wait for isolation periods to end.

We communicated every positive result, and through having a great team, and some good procedures, any direct workplace transmission was minimal.

Our %age of the team that have had the virus is below the average.

Twice a week we met with groups of employees to talk through how they were feeling, and what was/wasn't working. Again, that helped keep trust high, and by far and away the most common feedback was that folks were grateful to be able to come to work and have some normality.

Providing the positive result to us has felt natural to the team, and they've felt helped and supported through the stress that testing positive brings.

In November, we ran the Great Place to Work Survey, which measures a "trust index" based on an employee questionnaire ... and we were 7% over the score to register as a Great Place to Work.

So .. I think with this you'll recognise our journey, and in most cases, folks volunteered the proof without us ever even having to ask.

My company pretty much ignored most of the lockdown rules but still generally observed social distancing rules although not strictly to the letter of the law when under the harshest of rules in place at the height of the epidemic. Staff just followed common sense approach to it all and thought for themselves on how to judge what was appropriate.

Not one single case, not one single "close contact".

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Ordinarily I'd agree .. let me give you some context.

Remember back to last year, when most folks locked themselves away for April & May ...

Some of us kept producing to feed the country ... our team were scared, and knowing that one of our team could have caught the virus and 'left us' was concerning to say the least.

Back then, we knew our factory didn't have Covid .. it was only the employees who would ever bring it in. We went out of our way to communicate that any cough, headache for them or their families etc ... then stay home, and go and get yourself a test (we'll cover your pay 100%) ... we even found occupational health provider could do tests at 200 quid a go ... and we did plenty!

By paying every penny of time that folks were off (whilst waiting for test results for them and family members etc), we kept trust high, and kept Covid out of the plant for well beyond the average for our type on industry.

When folks eventually tested positive, sick pay was the last thing on anyone's mind .. it was making sure the employee and their family were OK, checking for close contacts, getting them isolated, and understanding their movements so we could get deep cleaning completed. We were very clear that if absence levels dropped to a point where safety or quality would likely be affected then we'd shut, and wait for isolation periods to end.

We communicated every positive result, and through having a great team, and some good procedures, any direct workplace transmission was minimal.

Our %age of the team that have had the virus is below the average.

Twice a week we met with groups of employees to talk through how they were feeling, and what was/wasn't working. Again, that helped keep trust high, and by far and away the most common feedback was that folks were grateful to be able to come to work and have some normality.

Providing the positive result to us has felt natural to the team, and they've felt helped and supported through the stress that testing positive brings.

In November, we ran the Great Place to Work Survey, which measures a "trust index" based on an employee questionnaire ... and we were 7% over the score to register as a Great Place to Work.

So .. I think with this you'll recognise our journey, and in most cases, folks volunteered the proof without us ever even having to ask.

Fair one, this is where forums start arguments, it's very easy to loose sight of context, sounds like a great company to work for to be fair 👍

At work we spent way north of £40k on anti Covid measures and it made no difference at all - Covid swept through the office and no one had worse than a headache and a day in bed.

Cases have increased, in line with expansive testing - indeed I think we do more tests in one day than the whole of Europe, so no big surprise we find more cases than anyone else.

Contracted rates are meaningless in isolation - like measuring the common cold. Death stats are meaningless in isolation if it’s only the serious sick and old being taken.

Singapore have just announced they’re packing up their Covid circus - no more daily announcements/ rates, no more isolation and back to normal. Maybe they can see that carrying on with this nonsense does not justify the poverty and harm which will follow. 

For the lockdown fanatics; when you see pictures of empty trains at rush hour with no commuters, do you wonder how we will pay for a public transport infrastructure when no one has bought a season ticket in over a year. Indeed, that extrapolates across the whole economy and the obvious ones are the NHS, the high street, the travel sector, the whole of the entertainment sector etc

11 hours ago, treetree said:

And this is the nonsense of it all. By 'cases' read positive test result.

In any other disease/ virus a 'case' is a symptomatic person who is actually ill.

Like 18,000 cases of the common cold or hangovers - because that’s the extent that Covid takes effect in 99% of all cases under 50 years of age.

When the stats first started, I took them seriously and assumed they were accurate. As time passed, I grew weary of the ever increasing and ever less meaningful stats. Deaths due to Covid were bandied about, with no regard to whether this was truly the cause of death - hit by a bus for example. Death rates failed to mention people who were dying from lack of operations or cancer treatment for example.

The shambles of Track and Trace - a truly stupid concept - and arguments about what the stats actually mean have devalued the exercise to a point where they have become of very debatable value.

The stats have become a cottage industry all of their own. Time to dump them and get on with life.

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

When the stats first started, I took them seriously and assumed they were accurate. As time passed, I grew weary of the ever increasing and ever less meaningful stats. Deaths due to Covid were bandied about, with no regard to whether this was truly the cause of death - hit by a bus for example. Death rates failed to mention people who were dying from lack of operations or cancer treatment for example.

The shambles of Track and Trace - a truly stupid concept - and arguments about what the stats actually mean have devalued the exercise to a point where they have become of very debatable value.

The stats have become a cottage industry all of their own. Time to dump them and get on with life.

This is pretty much where I'm at with it all now , and I would suspect , so are most of the population.