Booster jab

Bigteddy1954

8 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

The booster will NOT be using Astra-Zeneca vacine. Which prompts the question why? I think there are "issues" with A-Z that the Government knows about but won't fully disclose.

The Astra Zeneca vaccine has been linked to blood clots, albeit very little compared to the amount given out. My wife's first vaccine was an AZ one and she was rushed into hospital with a suspected blood clot. But, she had the same vaccine the second time and had no side effect at all, apart from soreness around the injection area.

54 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

The booster will NOT be using Astra-Zeneca vacine. Which prompts the question why? I think there are "issues" with A-Z that the Government knows about but won't fully disclose.

40 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

Probably back handers at play

Well I never, conspiracy theories straight away.

Here's a link back to the spring and the why

A month later and results are coming in...

Peer reviewed by a major university...

... and here we are, better response by using a different vaccine, after testing. No conspiracy no backhander!

10 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

The Astra Zeneca vaccine has been linked to blood clots, albeit very little compared to the amount given out. My wife's first vaccine was an AZ one and she was rushed into hospital with a suspected blood clot. But, she had the same vaccine the second time and had no side effect at all, apart from soreness around the injection area.

Gosh! I am sorry for that. How awful. Yes I had a not to good a time with my first A-Z and was told by my GP to call 999 and get an ambulance to take me to the local coronary dependency unit as he suspected from my reaction to it that I was having early signs of an imminent stroke. Three days night sweats, irregular heartbeat, heart palpitations, redness in both arms. I'd had the actual coronavirus some three months before and that was a day of 'flu like symptoms and then nine days of boredom whilst "isolating".

39 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Gosh! I am sorry for that. How awful. Yes I had a not to good a time with my first A-Z and was told by my GP to call 999 and get an ambulance to take me to the local coronary dependency unit as he suspected from my reaction to it that I was having early signs of an imminent stroke. Three days night sweats, irregular heartbeat, heart palpitations, redness in both arms. I'd had the actual coronavirus some three months before and that was a day of 'flu like symptoms and then nine days of boredom whilst "isolating".

We both had the virus back last December. I went into hospital on Boxing day as my oxygen levels were low, and my wife, even now, cannot taste or smell food etc.

I believe it’s nothing more than reminding your immune system what to look for ! Every year nhs struggles with flu add to that the backlog 4m and corona virus the system must be under immense pressure.

we do not bat an eyelid about yearly flu top ups ( my teenage son school are offering to all kids ) .

I know there can be side affects to the vaccines if you are concerned talk to your doctor! ! To assist in decision making.

22 hours ago, Scully said:

I can’t see why it would be any different. It’s a booster, not a different vaccine.

The government has announced that the autumn booster will be the mRNA type Pfizer jab, most in the UK have had the AZ vector type vaccine.

Beside the fact that the Pfizer jab costs over 3 x as much , many countries still refuse the AZ jab for the blood clot issue, but thats a whole new area.

14 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Back handers to who for what ? 

Are you seriously saying that those, either in government , or in NHS/government advisory roles or procurement, do not have favourable vendors, for which there may be an element of 'appreciation' ?
Perhaps you also believe that government contracts are not awarded similarly to favoured vendors ?
Are you really saying there is NO corruption at government level for procurement , and beyond ?

Is so , I have some magic beans for you.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The government has announced that the autumn booster will be the mRNA type Pfizer jab, most in the UK have had the AZ vector type vaccine.

Beside the fact that the Pfizer jab costs over 3 x as much , many countries still refuse the AZ jab for the blood clot issue, but thats a whole new area.

Are you seriously saying that those, either in government , or in NHS/government advisory roles or procurement, do not have favourable vendors, for which there may be an element of 'appreciation' ?
Perhaps you also believe that government contracts are not awarded similarly to favoured vendors ?
Are you really saying there is NO corruption at government level for procurement , and beyond ?

I am talking about the Covid vaccine, again back handers to who for what ? some evidence would be helpful ? 

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

I am talking about the Covid vaccine, again back handers to who for what ? some evidence would be helpful ? 

Self explanatory from my last post .

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Beside the fact that the Pfizer jab costs over 3 x as much

So what's wrong with the far cheaper AZ jab all of a sudden? Hundreds of millions of doses handed out , why swap now ?

Evidence ? Really ? You don't think any guilty party makes up a wiki entry admitting it do you ? Please don't tell you're one of these people who thinks if it's not Google able that it's true , it's obviously not ?

36 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Self explanatory from my last post .

So what's wrong with the far cheaper AZ jab all of a sudden? Hundreds of millions of doses handed out , why swap now ?

Evidence ? Really ? You don't think any guilty party makes up a wiki entry admitting it do you ? Please don't tell you're one of these people who thinks if it's not Google able that it's true , it's obviously not ?

Maybe the JCVI are in on it, getting back handers that is :hmm: I am one of these people that don't think everything is a conspiracy, and their could be scientific not financial reasons for vaccine recommendations. PS I have no doubt some on here would have more expertise on vaccines than the people on the JCVI :rolleyes:

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) recommended a “mix and match” approach to the booster rollout, with both the Pfizer and Moderna jabs to be given to all those eligible regardless of whether they received other vaccines including the AstraZeneca jab as one of their previous doses. Professor Wei Shen Lim, chair of Covid-19 Immunisation for the JCVI, said the committee selected the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because they use mRNA technologies, which he claimed provided “a very good immune boost” in studies.

There is understood to be more available scientific evidence about the long-term efficacy of mRNA jabs over other vaccines.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Does that make it a different vaccine, rather than the same product but by a different manufacturer? 
I genuinely don’t know, nor care if I’m honest. 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, ordnance said:

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) recommended a “mix and match” approach to the booster rollout, with both the Pfizer and Moderna jabs to be given to all those eligible regardless of whether they received other vaccines including the AstraZeneca jab as one of their previous doses

By that logic, the people who got Pfizer first time around will get the AZ jab this time then? 

No, didn't think so 😏

16 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Magic beans hoo yes please, ha wait a minute I seem to recall something very nasty happened with the last lot, nope I think I'll keep the cow 🤔

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

By that logic, the people who got Pfizer first time around will get the AZ jab this time then? 

No, didn't think so 😏

As i said, we have experts on the forum that know better than the JCVI.

Professor Wei Shen Lim, chair of Covid-19 Immunisation for the JCVI, said the committee selected the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because they use mRNA technologies, provided “a very good immune boost” in studies.

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Professor Wei Shen Lim, chair of Covid-19 Immunisation for the JCVI, said the committee selected the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines because they use mRNA technologies, provided “a very good immune boost” in studies.

Ah studies....

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/09/17/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/572793-fda-panel-votes-against-covid-19-booster-recommendation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9986743/FDA-senior-officials-say-NO-evidence-fully-vaccinated-Americans-need-booster-shots.html

49 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Different countries have different policies, what's that got to do with back handers ?

In late July, Israel began offering everyone over the age of 60 a third vaccine dose, a move that has been rapidly expanded. Throughout August, the booster program has gradually been rolled out to more of the population, and third shots have been available to everyone over the age of 30 since Tuesday.

Edited by ordnance