Covid - it’s all over.

Lloyd90

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I know mate 👍

I thought they must have just asked all the elderly and vulnerable that were sat at home watching daytime tv , and folks like me that are too lazy to go to work 😁.

I do notice, while shopping for my lunch in large supermarcados, that it is the staff and mostly elderly bods that are wearing masks. Strangely, it's only the elderly that keep a distance and seem to panic if anyone gets near them !

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, JKD said:

My question was a bit tongue in cheek 😀

I  think they must have asked people mostly in the medical profession 🤔

Its possibly an online poll, or an on street questionnaire? Either way it means 75% of those asked, or who bothered to respond? 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, JKD said:

I do notice, while shopping for my lunch in large supermarcados, that it is the staff and mostly elderly bods that are wearing masks. Strangely, it's only the elderly that keep a distance and seem to panic if anyone gets near them !

In town today there’s still plenty of folk wearing masks, including the obligatory ‘only person in the car but still wearing a mask’! 🙂

At a funeral yesterday there was only myself and two others not wearing masks in the service, out of around 50 folk there. 

Edited by Scully

29 minutes ago, JKD said:

I can see that their could still be a very strong case for the elderly to still be careful , but it was mainly the elderly that needed to be careful from the very beginning , but that's a whole different discussion. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

🤣🤣 cheeky. Tell you what its wierd here almost no one wants it.  If you are 60+ and get the vacinne you get 300€ payout and they still dont want it. 

That's about as crazy as everything else to do with covid . Half the world can't get a jab , and the other half don't want it , even if they're getting payed 😄

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

That's about as crazy as everything else to do with covid . Half the world can't get a jab , and the other half don't want it , even if they're getting payed 😄

Talking about crazy, as I mentioned previously, at the funeral all but three of us were wearing masks, at the funeral tea no one was! The same people ( mostly pensioners ) cramped into an annex of the funeral tea venue while queuing up for food! 😀

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

Talking about crazy, as I mentioned previously, at the funeral all but three of us were wearing masks, at the funeral tea no one was! The same people ( mostly pensioners ) cramped into an annex of the funeral tea venue while queuing up for food! 😀

The whole lot of it has been a bit mental .  I can only assume that most folks were the same as me , and tried to keep in step , but it wasn't easy . At the beginning we weren't allowed to wear masks at work , because it would alarm members if the public , then one day we had to wear masks when travelling in the trucks , but we didn't have to wear them while we were working ( but still in the trucks ). I could work with a guy all day in my truck , but wasn't allowed to give him a lift home in my car . Work rules and government rules changed daily , and were often different rules .  Everyone in the world became an expert,  and most of them had a completely different opinion.  Things changed for me when I couldn't stomach any more of it , and just put my ear plugs in , and trusted my own common sense.

Things changed for me when I couldn't stomach any more of it , and just put my ear plugs in , and trusted my own common sense.

Yeah, I never knew we were blessed with so many experts.  Suddenly lorry drivers, mechanics, shop keepers etc are experts in infectious deceases, immunology, Covid virus treatments, vaccines, and how to deal with a world wide pandemic :rolleyes: Covid is all over, i wish. 

Edited by ordnance

18 hours ago, Scully said:

Its possibly an online poll, or an on street questionnaire? Either way it means 75% of those asked, or who bothered to respond? 🤷‍♂️

In town today there’s still plenty of folk wearing masks, including the obligatory ‘only person in the car but still wearing a mask’! 🙂

At a funeral yesterday there was only myself and two others not wearing masks in the service, out of around 50 folk there. 

These %statistics wind me up ! No mention of how many/where/when the question was asked. It's a total nonsense and doesn't really mean anything, IMO.

As for people wearing masks,,,, I see the odd one walking the streets, even saw a male jogger in a very quiet area wearing one !!! Also, as you've seen, loads of solitary drivers 🤔

3 months ago at my nephew's funeral service, there were close to 150 people. Not one mask in site ! At the 'Life Celebration' in a local golf club function rooms, with over 200 people attending,,,, the only mask wearers were the staff !!! No reports of following issues.

Also I'd like to add,,,, the title of this thread is possibly incorrect ?

Pandemic over ? Almost. COVID itself will be the 2nd flu 🤷

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

Yeah, I never knew we were blessed with so many experts.  Suddenly lorry drivers, mechanics, shop keepers etc are experts in infectious deceases, immunology, Covid virus treatments, vaccines, and how to deal with a world wide pandemic  Covid is all over, i wish. 

Covid isn't over , were just at the learning to live with it stage . Theirs no doubt that covid can still be dangerous to those that are in high risk categories ( as is flu),  and those people that are at high risk , need to use a bit of common sense . At the same time , those that aren't at risk , need to show a bit of common sense and humanity to those at risk people .

If you're in a high risk category,  use a bit of common sense , and don't sit next to the bloke on the bus that's coughing and sneezing all over the place , and wear a mask if and when you feel the need , and common sense tells you to , wash your hands regularly,  especially if you've been handling things in public places .

If you're not in a at risk category . Don't sneeze all over the frail little old lady on the bus , and if you are coughing and sneezing,  wear a mask to limit the snot that you're spraying around , and if someone wants to wear a mask because it helps them to feel safer , just let them wear it , and don't belittle them for it.

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Some people don't want it to be over. 

It's not that they don't want it to be over  , we've just all been a little bit brainwashed into thinking that covid will kill us and our families . It'll take a bit of time , but eventually everyone will settle in to living with covid.

6 hours ago, zipdog said:

Exactly. Everyone loves a drama and all that. 

We all got the drama whether we wanted it or not . We had extremists on both sides of the covid fence .   We had people screaming that covid was just a cold , and that we should just ignore it and carry on as normal , and weve had the extremists on the other side of the fence , saying that we should never leave the house ever again or we'll die .

The whole world went a little bit mad , and the damage done has been pretty brutal in every way , physically, financially, psychologically.  It'll take a bit of time ( probably a very long time) , but the covid drama will be over , and we'll all be worrying about the next drama.

39 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

chap at work got it yesterday, so now off for 5 days,so in 2 weeks time he could have come to work and give it to us,

This is where I think we all need to do a bit of learning,  and use a bit of common sense . We've been brainwashed into being terrified of the covid monster , and it'll take a bit of getting past that.  The reality is , we've pretty much all been jabbed , and most of us have had covid , so even if we do get it , we shouldn’t suffer too badly . Practical things that we can do in that situation,  is wear masks when we're around each other,  and observe good hygiene by regularly washing our hands , and wiping down work spaces etc , or , if you can work from home for the week , stay at home , and if someone in the workplace is at high risk , ask them to work from home.

I know that that is a very simplistic view of it all  , and it certainly won't be that easy in most work places , but we have to start somewhere,  and we'll eventually find ways to deal with it. We have no choice in the matter.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

This is where I think we all need to do a bit of learning,  and use a bit of common sense . We've been brainwashed into being terrified of the covid monster , and it'll take a bit of getting past that.  The reality is , we've pretty much all been jabbed , and most of us have had covid , so even if we do get it , we shouldn’t suffer too badly . Practical things that we can do in that situation,  is wear masks when we're around each other,  and observe good hygiene by regularly washing our hands , and wiping down work spaces etc , or , if you can work from home for the week , stay at home , and if someone in the workplace is at high risk , ask them to work from home.

I know that that is a very simplistic view of it all  , and it certainly won't be that easy in most work places , but we have to start somewhere,  and we'll eventually find ways to deal with it. We have no choice in the matter.

Last few weeks, several from my work have been getting it , only one person has been rough with it , but she has underlying health issues. She collapsed at work and as I was the only first aid available I had to deal with it. She had come back to work to soon and hadn’t fully recovered. All fine now. 

14 minutes ago, muncher said:

Last few weeks, several from my work have been getting it , only one person has been rough with it , but she has underlying health issues. She collapsed at work and as I was the only first aid available I had to deal with it. She had come back to work to soon and hadn’t fully recovered. All fine now. 

I think this is another good example of where we all need to learn to live our life around it . If you're vulnerable,  and it's given you a bit of a kicking , take an extra few days or weeks off until you're better . Employers will need to recognise that it's better to have someone off work for an extra few days , than have them collapsed on the floor in the workplace . It'll be a pretty steep learning curve for all of us , and at times it'll be difficult,  but whatever happens,  it can't be much worse than the last couple of years  .

Early doors Delta was a nasty variant where the payload manifested and hit the lungs. Omicron isn’t Delta and fortunately is now the dominant and most widespread variant.

The worried well will never get over the whole Covid thing and they are free to crack on wetting their beds and nailing their front doors shut - no one is stopping them. 

The rest of us will continue to live our lives - go to work, see people, eat out, make sure our kids don’t turn into Hermits etc. and ensure we don’t go bankrupt. However, what I find really irritating is that there are those that still think and demand that we all should we locked down and ‘existing’ (and I say existing, not living) like Australians - that is just beyond mad and incredibly selfish.

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

chap at work got it yesterday, so now off for 5 days,so in 2 weeks time he could have come to work and give it to us,

In two weeks time someone probably will; at least he took the time to test.
Already there are people with symptoms not testing because they aren’t being paid to stay at home. People will be getting cold symptoms and not bothering to test, and giving it to other people, just like we do with colds. 
We just have to get on with it. 

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

Already there are people with symptoms not testing because they aren’t being paid to stay at home. People will be getting cold symptoms and not bothering to test, and giving it to other people, just like we do with colds. 

You keep talking common sense, it's just not that easy for the vast majority of the population 🤔😆

30 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Early doors Delta was a nasty variant where the payload manifested and hit the lungs. Omicron isn’t Delta and fortunately is now the dominant and most widespread variant.

The worried well will never get over the whole Covid thing and they are free to crack on wetting their beds and nailing their front doors shut - no one is stopping them. 

The rest of us will continue to live our lives - go to work, see people, eat out, make sure our kids don’t turn into Hermits etc. and ensure we don’t go bankrupt. However, what I find really irritating is that there are those that still think and demand that we all should we locked down and ‘existing’ (and I say existing, not living) like Australians - that is just beyond mad and incredibly selfish.

28 minutes ago, Scully said:

Mung.

This is where we need a bit of humanity , understanding,  and tolerance.  Some people really are still scared that covid could end their life just as soon as they step past their front door . We've been bombarded with the covid will kill you message(let's be honest , the government used some pretty dirty mind bending tricks to get everyone to stay at home )  ,  and it must have had a devastating effect on lots of people , especially those that know the real pain of grief , and even more so if they've already lost a loved one to covid . Life must be a pretty miserable place for them at the moment.  You're a very intelligent and switched on bloke mung , and you can see through a lot of the brainwashing media that we've been exposed to ( bombarded with), but it'll take a bit of time for others to catch up . We just need to cut them a bit of slack for a while , and they'll eventually get the message.  

Having said that , I agree with everything you said.

Scully

I think we're already at the stage that you've described . Most ( many )people now that have cold symptoms,  aren't getting tested , and are just taking it for what it is ( even though its probably omicron) , and are just getting on with it. It'll just take a while to shake off the covid shackles.

Despite being classed as vulnerable and advised to stay home I was just more careful through it all and still went shopping and out with the dogs. I wear a decent reusable face mask with replaceable hepa filters for shopping and will continue to do so. I haven't gone to cinemas or crowded  pubs for years anyway. My main entertainment is the countryside and outdoors where a mask is not needed. Hand cleaning is sensible anyway especially if you are eating out.

1 minute ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Despite being classed as vulnerable and advised to stay home I was just more careful through it all and still went shopping and out with the dogs. I wear a decent reusable face mask with replaceable hepa filters for shopping and will continue to do so. I haven't gone to cinemas or crowded  pubs for years anyway. My main entertainment is the countryside and outdoors where a mask is not needed. Hand cleaning is sensible anyway especially if you are eating out.

That's the one 👍.

Common sense , from someone that has a far greater scientific understanding of covid than most of us.👍