Covid - it’s all over.

Lloyd90

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Mungler said:

And here we have it. Sorry the whole pandemic was a rounding error. 

People need to be held to account for this economically ruinous farce.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/reported-pediatric-covid-19-deaths-plummet-24-after-cdc-fixes-coding-logic-error

I am not sure what that change's, did the UK and other government's not have their own stats on hospital deaths and infections rates etc :hmm:

Edited by ordnance

15 hours ago, ordnance said:

I am not sure what that change's, did the UK and other government's not have their own stats on hospital deaths and infections rates etc :hmm:

Our stats also confirm it to be a farce. A farce which is now long off the front covers of the newspapers as the world realises there’s so much more to focus on.

6 hours ago, Mungler said:

Our stats also confirm it to be a farce. A farce which is now long off the front covers of the newspapers as the world realises there’s so much more to focus on.

Have you a reliable link showing that the Covid stats are a farce in the UK and other countries ? Again i still don't see what a mistake by the CDC has to do with other countries figures. 

Edited by ordnance

11 hours ago, ordnance said:

Have you a reliable link showing that the Covid stats are a farce in the UK and other countries ? Again i still don't see what a mistake by the CDC has to do with other countries figures. 

Our death stats show it to be as lethal a normal season flu. Add in light touch flu years in the lead up (ie the dry tinder effect) and the like for like with countries who didn’t lock down (Sweden) and the answer is cloth masks, lockdowns and economic ruination are / were not the answer.

It doesn’t matter now, the damage is done and no one has a time machine

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/02/2022 at 18:19, amateur said:

I too can only report on what I know.

Our youngest grandchildren, then 5 and 7 were home taught.

Both parents serving police officers so no furlough or home working, just a careful arrangement of shifts.

The younger girl went back to school (she had only previously done one term) with a higher reading age than her actual age and the elder girl now is rated well above average.

Our elder granchildren, then 8 and 13 did schoolwork online, helped by their furloughed mother and kept in touch with their friends online too.

They too seem unscathed, well, the now 15 year old girl is a typical bolshie 15 year old. 😂

So, I think it depends on how much input the parents gave.

My oldest went from only beginning to read at the stage of the lockdowns, we worried and gave some input and help to him while continuing to work (I was never on furlough). He was proactive in picking up books/reading signs etc. around him and went from strength to strength on the reading. At 8 he is working his way through all the Roald Dahl books and has a higher reading age than most of his class.

All about the support and input at home tbh. Unfortunately it is lacking a large proportion of families' in my opinion.

7 hours ago, RyanMc said:

about the support and input at home tbh. Unfortunately it is lacking a large proportion of families' in my opinion.

Absolutely,  some schools only do a very small amount of reading with the children, as little as half an hour a week, great that your lad has taken to it, and it's great when you know they are enjoying reading.

To answer the original question is Covid over, obviously not. 

LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - The prevalence of COVID-19 among people in England rose to its highest since the pandemic began in 2020, data from Britain's Office for National Statistics showed on Friday.

One 1 in 13 people were believed to have the coronavirus in the week ending March 26, the fourth consecutive increase and higher than 1 in 16 recorded in the previous week. The ONS estimated 4.1 million people in England had COVID-19.

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

To answer the original question is Covid over, obviously not. 

LONDON, April 1 (Reuters) - The prevalence of COVID-19 among people in England rose to its highest since the pandemic began in 2020, data from Britain's Office for National Statistics showed on Friday.

One 1 in 13 people were believed to have the coronavirus in the week ending March 26, the fourth consecutive increase and higher than 1 in 16 recorded in the previous week. The ONS estimated 4.1 million people in England had COVID-19.

There was no original question as the title of the thread is ‘Covid-it’s all over’,  which was a statement rather than a question, which to all intents and purposes it is. 
Yes, there are many people whom have it, but they’re just getting on with it. Yes, there are also many people off work with it, not because they’re ill but rather because that is what they are told they must do. Those who don’t get paid for being off are continuing to  go to work. 
Figures of covid may be rising,  but deaths aren’t, and it is the latter figure which is important. 
Individuals now have two choices….batten down the hatches and isolate again, without all the aid that previously went with it, or just get on with your life. 

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, there are many people whom have it, but they’re just getting on with it.

This is very much the case - and for the vaccinated, it seems mild(ish) usually.  In my immediate family/friends, the following have been recent (last month or so) examples;

1. Relatives, fully vaccinated, about 60 years old, healthy - she, mild cold symptoms now better.  He nasty sore throat and headache, high temperature, couple of days in bed - now better.
  2. Relatives, fully vaccinated, about 70 years old, healthy - both mild cold symptoms, fully better
  3. Friends, fully vaccinated, about 70 years old, healthy - he mild cold symptoms, fully better.  She, never caught it.
  4. Friends, fully vaccinated, about 70 years old, healthy, he is overweight - she, nasty cold, fully better, he tested positive, no symptoms.
  5. Friends, fully vaccinated, about 80 years old, healthy - Both mild cold symptoms and tired, still getting over it.
  6. Friend of friend, not vaccinated (refused vaccines) - died after 3 days in hospital.

Certainly all who I know who have had it recently and are fully vaccinated have had nothing worse than a bad cold, and mostly a mild cold. 

If you treat the title as a question (which I agree it isn't), for me the answer is that Covid isn't over (any more than colds, or flu are over), but the risk of severe or fatal Covid is over (or at least similar to other risks) if you are vaccinated.

1 minute ago, 39TDS said:

How old was number 6 out of interest? @JohnfromUK

I'm guessing, but he was a friend of No 4 and I assume about the same age (70 ish).  Apparently healthy, refused vaccine as he was healthy and believed he'd be fine, caught Covid and got bad enough to be hospitalised - and died 3 days later.

10 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Best lockdown then, compulsory masks and reintroduce furlough? 

I was pointing out that  ( question or statement ) is Covid over, obviously it's not. Hopefully it will continue to mutate into milder versions, but there is no guarantee of that. 

Edited by ordnance