TGS - good business practice

HantsRob

Richardsons of Halesworth were sensible on opening times ...they closed early on a friday then opened up again at 6 until 9 and help yourself to coffee...very busy at the end of the week after everyone come home from work ..have tea and then think about shooting on the weekend........dont know if they still do it 

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

...they closed early on a friday then opened up again at 6 until 9 a

That is very sensible. I struggle to get to any gun shops midweek as they are all 1hr+ from work and I work long hours, full time. 

10 hours ago, mel b3 said:

. If we have to have an extra day , can we have an extra Sunday please

An extra Saturday surely?! Sundays are rather useless to the shooting man. No game, no clays, no shops. 

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

That is very sensible. I struggle to get to any gun shops midweek as they are all 1hr+ from work and I work long hours, full time. 

An extra Saturday surely?! Sundays are rather useless to the shooting man. No game, no clays, no shops. 

Sunday is crows and pigeons and dinner on the table when you get home day 😁.

It still tickles me that the BASC chairman actually wrote an editorial saying no one should  shoot on a Sunday as it disturbs his peace and quiet. It still has to be one of the most narcissistic, delusional and divisive statements BASC have ever released. I cannot find the thread otherwise I would link it on here. 

Edited by WalkedUp
Removed accidental double negative

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

It still tickles me that the BASC chairman actually wrote an editorial saying no one should not shoot on a Sunday as it disturbs his peace and quiet. It still has to be one of the most narcissistic, delusional and divisive statements BASC have ever released. I cannot find the thread otherwise I would link it on here. 

I can remember that little gem .  I wonder how many members that statement cost basc 😄.

I often wonder in life , how seemingly very intelligent people,  can do such stupid things 🙄

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

It still tickles me that the BASC chairman actually wrote an editorial saying no one should not shoot on a Sunday as it disturbs his peace and quiet. It still has to be one of the most narcissistic, delusional and divisive statements BASC have ever released. I cannot find the thread otherwise I would link it on here. 

I’m assuming you mean ‘ no one should shoot’? He obviously got enough shooting in during the week when most other people were working?
Sundays are one of our busiest days for pest control on rabbits etc, and we often meet up for an adhoc clay bashing session. 
Lakeland Guns would open up any night of the week except Saturday, for anyone wanting to shop, before he retired. It sometimes got quite busy. 

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m assuming you mean ‘ no one should shoot’? He obviously got enough shooting in during the week when most other people were working?

LOL! Yes. Dinosaurs. Still living in the 1950s and 1960s. No I speculate if such folk think Harold Macmillan is still Prime Minister? As someone who's late father in his pomp shot in the 1960s on both Tuesdays and Thursdays at Woburn and Kedleston the condemning sentence after speaking of Mr X or Mr Y that regardless of if he owned Purdey guns galore that "of course he only shoots on Saturdays..." was enough to cast a person into the pits of Hell at one time.

Edited by enfieldspares