Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

31 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Agreed, however , I dont believe anyone has ever seriously stated that Russia runs a democratic, free system of government.
The closest anyone has come , is to say that western governmental systems are hardly bastions of squeaky clean transparency.
That said , I know where Id rather live, and it aint Russia, or Ukraine.

If you lived in Bibirevo district in Moscow or the Renton in Dunbartonshire I'm sure you'd find they are pretty much the same excluding the language and the fish suppers. Both bog awful on a Friday night.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mchughcb said:

If you lived in Bibirevo district in Moscow or the Renton in Dunbartonshire I'm sure you'd find they are pretty much the same excluding the language and the fish suppers. Both bog awful on a Friday night.

I live in a place called Bulwell in Nottingham, trust me , its pretty awful :lol:

'Why was Nottingham called Shottingham?

Amid the violence, Nottingham was dubbed 'Shottingham' by the media; its reputation as Britain's murder centre saw university applications drop and business leaders warn of a crisis in investment in the city.'

Bulwell ranks as the 4th worst place in Nottingham to live.

I certainly didn't like the army checking my car every time I passed through Derry.

Soldiers risked their life checking your car and that is the thanks they got. You didn't like it. Would you have preferred that they didn't check cars?

I haven't visited Russia, but spent a good degree of time in Scotland. If these places are so bad, why visit them and what have they got to do with the invasion of Ukraine?

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I live in a place called Bulwell in Nottingham, trust me , its pretty awful 

'Why was Nottingham called Shottingham?

Amid the violence, Nottingham was dubbed 'Shottingham' by the media; its reputation as Britain's murder centre saw university applications drop and business leaders warn of a crisis in investment in the city.'

Bulwell ranks as the 4th worst place in Nottingham to live.

Think positively, you could be living in the 3rd,2nd or 1st worst areas of Shottingham!!!!

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I could be loving in Norfolk too *shudders* 😂

you come here ole partner....just protect yer bottom......we're running a bit short at the moment....lost a lot as a result of norfolk covid grippers  ( NCG-19)

alwawus welcome bit of fresh meat

I'm sure there's enough lefties here who think Trump was an idiot, but here is a raft of presidents before him who hid behind bullet proof glass. Only one of them knew how to get dialogue happening and yet the best London could do was make a baby blimp of him.

He is a idiot, all his talking to North Korea did was put the great leader on the world stage give him the publicity he craves and he got nothing in return.  

Edited by ordnance

22 minutes ago, ordnance said:

He is a idiot, all his talking to North Korea did was put the great leader on the world stage give him the publicity he craves and he got nothing in return.  

You think 60+ years of militarisation can be over come in a couple of personal meetings? It was a start.

News to me.

10 hours ago, Mungler said:

What on Earth are you babbling on about?

Northern Ireland?

What’s that got to do with the price of fish?

More obfuscation and irrelevant whataboutery. 

Bonkers 😆😆😆

Funding Russia’s invasion and slaughter of the Ukrainian general population was the bridge too far. 

Yes well, EU is still funding the war machine aren't they.

8 hours ago, mchughcb said:

News to me.

Yes well, EU is still funding the war machine aren't they.

I wouldn’t worry too much about who is funding the defence of the invasion of Ukraine and Putin’s war, started by one man and for no rational reason.

Without the invasion of Ukraine there would be no need to Mount or fund a defence.

11 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I could be loving in Norfolk too *shudders* 😂

Nothing wrong with a bit of Norfolk ‘loving’ 

We love a cheeky little cuddle. Sometimes we even let those from other counties in for ‘loving’ too, don’t we Mel and TC 😉

Now is the time to set out to Putin what the West will do in response to continuing aggression and a nuclear strike. The condemnation yesterday is reminiscent of the condemnation of chemical attacks in Syria. All it does is numb the Russian hearing and allow continued and incremental degradation of civilians and civilian targets. 

Following yesterdays largely random strikes across Ukraine at least it looks like some of the more reluctant partners may at last come up with the long promised support. 

Painful as it may be, as we move towards the end game, the West needs to start to set the red lines and the response that will be initiated if they are crossed. The time has come for confrontation. 

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

wouldn’t worry too much about who is funding the defence of the invasion of Ukraine and Putin’s war, started by one man and for no rational reason

Whoa there! I thought it was a land grab? 

When is there a rational reason for invading a sovereign country? 

It might have some resources you would very much like, or it might have some terrorists in caves, you know where I'm going.... 

But why are the World police so interested in Ukraine, could it be....? 

6u43u7.jpg.0613894931bc3422a1286ed7c954fdfc.jpg

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Without the invasion of Ukraine there would be no need to Mount or fund a defence

Without Russia, there would be no need for NATO, or would there? 

Discuss. 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Now is the time to set out to Putin what the West will do in response to continuing aggression and a nuclear strike. The condemnation yesterday is reminiscent of the condemnation of chemical attacks in Syria. All it does is numb the Russian hearing and allow continued and incremental degradation of civilians and civilian targets. 

Following yesterdays largely random strikes across Ukraine at least it looks like some of the more reluctant partners may at last come up with the long promised support. 

Painful as it may be, as we move towards the end game, the West needs to start to set the red lines and the response that will be initiated if they are crossed. The time has come for confrontation. 

The head quarters of the FSB got hit after they claimed responsibility for blowing up the Crimea bridge.

All the HPGPS missiles seem to have hit various bridges, substations, powerstations, bridges, railways.

If it is random they seem to have hit everything NATO would hit first.

Turning the other cheek while Russia Bombs Ukraine isn't working for them.

Time is coming for some payback, this "I can send missiles and bombs at you but you must not bomb me" is all about the rest of the world not wanting to risk Armageddon but it just ain't right to not retaliate IMO. A few payback missiles hitting Russia would send a much bigger reason to stop the invasion IMO. As far as I'm aware - war is a two way street.

Having said that we're no better: the west do it to others but if anyone gives an odd bit of payback they're called terrorists.

2 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Time is coming for some payback, this "I can send missiles and bombs at you but you must not bomb me" is all about the rest of the world not wanting to risk Armageddon but it just ain't right to not retaliate IMO. A few payback missiles hitting Russia would send a much bigger reason to stop the invasion IMO. As far as I'm aware - war is a two way street.

Having said that we're no better: the west do it to others but if anyone gives an odd bit of payback they're called terrorists.

Whoa there, we got posters who talk in apples and oranges if you make that comparison.

It's okay when we do it. 600,000 dead in Iraq and 20 years of war and a few trillion later. The coalition will show Saddam, even if he's been dead for a decade.

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

The Russians sent so many missiles they overwhelmed the air defence systems. Lucky them BBC and CNN retired generals and admirals said Russia is almost out of ammo and that was in May.

The only guy talking sense is Trump for negotiating peace. Something Zelensky and Boris threw on the bin in March.

27 minutes ago, mchughcb said:

The head quarters of the FSB got hit after they claimed responsibility for blowing up the Crimea bridge.

All the HPGPS missiles seem to have hit various bridges, substations, powerstations, bridges, railways.

If it is random they seem to have hit everything NATO would hit first.

FSB admitted blowing up their own bridge? I thought FSB was Russia Security AKA KGB :hmm:

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, mchughcb said:

Whoa there, we got posters who talk in apples and oranges if you make that comparison.

It's okay when we do it. 600,000 dead in Iraq and 20 years of war and a few trillion later. The coalition will show Saddam, even if he's been dead for a decade.

The Russians sent so many missiles they overwhelmed the air defence systems. Lucky them BBC and CNN retired generals and admirals said Russia is almost out of ammo and that was in May.

The only guy talking sense is Trump for negotiating peace. Something Zelensky and Boris threw on the bin in March.

Trump has never spoken sense. There is a peace deal on the table. 

Blimey there's been some nonsense on this page. Yeah yeah it's all NATO's fault boo hoo and it would be over sooner (with a Russian victory) if all support of Ukraine was withdrawn.

But, Ukraine has NATO's help for so long as Ukraine requires NATO's help and for so long NATO is prepared to supply help.

In the meantime it is what it is as Russia gears up for Round 2 (in the hope it does better than Round 1) and continues to shell the Ukrainian civilian population which will do nothing but galvanize national spirit and hatred of Russia.

I still don't see how Russia can achieve any form of victory or hold of Ukraine, but what do I know. After all Putin is a master strategist right?