Electricity Prices

Stonepark

Over the last week, day ahead electricity prices have been averaging £245.11 per MWH or 24.5p\kwh before adding suppliers profits, green levies, energy levies and tax.

This results in 45p per kwh unit charge to consumers at a minimum when prices for those price capped until the October reset, under the Ofgem rules.

Be prepared....

2 weeks ago I started a new variable tariff with Eon next,costing 28.29p per kw hour,and 48p day standing charge.

The gas cost is 7.44p per kw hour and 28p a day.Being a fairly low user this is currently costing me £78 a month averaged over the year,but know this will rise in October to possibly £120 a month.

For a while now , we've been paying £132.00 per month ( gas and electricity combined) . We had a letter from our provider last week , saying that we need to increase the payments to £372.00 per month . That's a fair old increase.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

For a while now , we've been paying £132.00 per month ( gas and electricity combined) . We had a letter from our provider last week , saying that we need to increase the payments to £372.00 per month . That's a fair old increase.

Going from an exceptionally low base though. Are you currently in deficit?  I am paying £135 for electric and currently about £350 in credit. My oil fill has gone up from around £1200 (2000 litres) to £1800 an increase from 60p to 90p a litre which lasts about a year. 

All in £282 a month. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Going from an exceptionally low base though. Are you currently in deficit?  I am paying £135 for electric and currently about £350 in credit. My oil fill has gone up from around £1200 (2000 litres) to £1800 an increase from 60p to 90p a litre which lasts about a year. 

All in £282 a month. 

The last time I looked ( around april) , we were £600 ish in credit , lin looked last week , and were £600 in debt . I really can't see how we've used that much electricity in that time ( we only have gas central heating).  It's not a major problem for us , but it certainly came as a surprise.  It'll be no central heating this winter,  I'll have the log burner roaring 24/7.

30 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

The last time I looked ( around april) , we were £600 ish in credit , lin looked last week , and were £600 in debt . I really can't see how we've used that much electricity in that time ( we only have gas central heating).  It's not a major problem for us , but it certainly came as a surprise.  It'll be no central heating this winter,  I'll have the log burner roaring 24/7.

I am out of logs of my own. What's left is fairly light weight stuff which i will use in the fire pit. I just bought 4 dumpy's of ash. Never bought any before and the standard size is 10 inch so a bit big. I had to split it all again 😝

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I am out of logs of my own. What's left is fairly light weight stuff which i will use in the fire pit. I just bought 4 dumpy's of ash. Never bought any before and the standard size is 10 inch so a bit big. I had to split it all again 😝

I only ever bought logs once , and that was because I didn't have time to split any of my own wood.  I explained the size of logs that I needed , but when it arrived,  it was all too big , so I had to split it anyway 🤨.

I'll be burning my way through a few tons this winter , and although I often joke about it , I probably really will be burning old car tyres this year 😁.

Yous have no idea how lucky you all have it with price caps.....lol

Over here we are currently on £200 per mth dd for electricity alone now add in oil at varing up to £1.15ltr times at least 2500lt per year......my tip.....

Stop complaining.........😂😂

5 minutes ago, millrace said:

Yous have no idea how lucky you all have it with price caps.....lol

Over here we are currently on £200 per mth dd for electricity alone now add in oil at varing up to £1.15ltr times at least 2500lt per year......my tip.....

Stop complaining.........😂😂

You're right buddy . Grant and myself might not like the higher bills,  but, we can afford to pay them . Many people won't be able to pay them , so for them , it really will be a choice between eat or heat .

I started a thread a few months back , because I really didn't think that gas/electricity price rises would be a very big deal . Guess I got that one wrong.

Hello, the cost of living payments are now due for millions of UK citizens most on some type of DWP benefit but there's millions more just getting over the threshold criteria of the government allowance who still have to pay the full cost of energy prices, there's extra money on pensioners winter heating allowance , there's still going to be millions of single people, families and couples who will have to go very careful this winter, I'm still waiting for my £150 council tax refund , very typical of the V O W H council, looking ahead a few years how on earth are the younger generation going to manage, 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the cost of living payments are now due for millions of UK citizens most on some type of DWP benefit but there's millions more just getting over the threshold criteria of the government allowance who still have to pay the full cost of energy prices, there's extra money on pensioners winter heating allowance , there's still going to be millions of single people, families and couples who will have to go very careful this winter, I'm still waiting for my £150 council tax refund , very typical of the V O W H council, looking ahead a few years how on earth are the younger generation going to manage, 

It's looking very likely that the energy price hikes have only just started. With increasing shipping costs and competition for LNG its looking likely that the rising energy costs are set to continue. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Still waiting for my Council tax refund as well ( Gloucester Council), but I don't pay by Direct Debit, but monthly electronically, surely they could just suggest I pay £150 less next month, or is that too simple.

48 minutes ago, twenty said:

Still waiting for my Council tax refund as well ( Gloucester Council), but I don't pay by Direct Debit, but monthly electronically, surely they could just suggest I pay £150 less next month, or is that too simple.

Hello, I asked that, fell on deaf ears , 🙄

1 hour ago, oowee said:

It's looking very likely that the energy price hikes have only just started. With increasing shipping costs and competition for LNG its looking likely that the rising energy costs are set to continue. 

Hello, I think you right but where's it going to end 🤔

3 hours ago, Old farrier said:

I can understand the electric and gas going up in price 

but 

I’m struggling to see why the standing charge has increased by such a large amount 

have meter readers had a pay rise 🤔🙄

Last year my standing charges were 21p a day,now it’s 75p a day,(360% increase) on top of huge power price rises! So  £275 a year without using a spark of energy...

32 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Last year my standing charges were 21p a day,now it’s 75p a day,(360% increase) on top of huge power price rises! So  £275 a year without using a spark of energy...

About the same as mine 

you can turn off everything and there still making millions 

not sure if anyone else would get away with the levels of increase 🙄

On 14/07/2022 at 19:38, twenty said:

Hello, just got mine and it was taken off 2022/23 council tax, ??