Building a private dove field and pond

NoBodyImportant

Went to get a oil change kit for my backhoe and decided to walk around ended up with a excavator.  So I have been thinking about what to do with it so I have decided to build a 2-10 acre dove field and a small wildlife pond.  It’s going to take two weeks for my logging thumb to come in so I opted to leave it there until they get it put on for me.  I am really excited to start logging and digging.  I have always liked digging with my backhoe but thought tracked vehicles were neat even though I never really drove one.  F2C9624D-9A64-4912-B4D1-6104BC59943E.jpeg.811af0cbc6ff02ac9485ee67f3789f43.jpeg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/08/2022 at 01:40, NoBodyImportant said:

Went to get a oil change kit for my backhoe and decided to walk around ended up with a excavator.  So I have been thinking about what to do with it so I have decided to build a 2-10 acre dove field and a small wildlife pond.  It’s going to take two weeks for my logging thumb to come in so I opted to leave it there until they get it put on for me.  I am really excited to start logging and digging.  I have always liked digging with my backhoe but thought tracked vehicles were neat even though I never really drove one.  F2C9624D-9A64-4912-B4D1-6104BC59943E.jpeg.811af0cbc6ff02ac9485ee67f3789f43.jpeg

May be just a bit of envy? Soon here nowhere to swing a cat let alone a jib.

Keep it coming please.

Flaming HS2 consuming 1000's acres for the white elephant to graze.

On 20/08/2022 at 01:40, NoBodyImportant said:

you must put in alot of overtime to afford stuff like this...

On 22/08/2022 at 10:19, ditchman said:

you must put in alot of overtime to afford stuff like this...

Honestly, not really.  One thing about over here is if your of reasonable intelligence, and not lazy you can have a decent life.  I have half assed my way through life but have made sound investments on things that make money.  

18 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly, not really.  One thing about over here is if your of reasonable intelligence, and not lazy you can have a decent life.  I have half assed my way through life but have made sound investments on things that make money.  

Good for you. One thing I really like about the USA is that if you get off your **** and put some effort in, life can be great... plus little/no reward for the work-shy. 

Edited by Houseplant

1 hour ago, Houseplant said:

Good for you. One thing I really like about the USA is that if you get off your **** and put some effort in, life can be great... plus little/no reward for the work-shy. 

used to be like that in the UK a long while ago...............

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...