Daystate Ltd ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Can anyone on here explain to me why the above are a bad company to deal with ?.

Thanks all.

Hello, from what I read on airgun forums many find poor customer service, some have been lucky to buy a daystate rifle that has been fault free from new others have to send back, are you thinking to buy a daystate air rifle, I think they have a 3 year warranty so buying new would be favourite unless it is transferable 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I have an Air ranger That " exploded" in the gun cabinet.           The air bottle spigot broke off.....wrecked the stock, fired the shroud and moderator into the top of the cabinet bending the shroud and caving the end of the moderator in.

It was 5 years old at the time and no spare parts available.....Had to make new parts myself.

It wasn't too bad before it went "bang"

They were quite a reasonable company when they were Brocock, British engineering and quality product. However in the lead up to the sale and ever since, their arrogance has known no bounds. Customer service is poor to non existent (they wont talk to end users), rifles are riddled with problems and issues, many caused by poor workmanship and cheap materials yet they still think they are the bees-knees.

Now they are owned by Diana who were always aimed at the bottom end of the market, the legacy of build em cheap and stack em high has erroded their quality but not dented their feeling of superiority.
Daystate/Diana also own MTC (rifle scopes) - and are the same  🤮

Daystate now = overpriced (IMHO) - to be avoided.
Yes I bought one and Yes I had issues and Yes they pi$$ed me off.

I think BSA (Gammo) and/or AirArms (NSP Limited) are much better, along with Weihrauch - they can't be any worse.... 

I think any answer you'll get is subjective to ones own opinion/experience.

I much prefer the mechanical models purely down to my belief that there is less to go wrong. That being said I have used a friend's Redwolf and it was phenomenally accurate.

I've owned a few, both new and used (Huntsman Mk2, PH6 and currently X2 FAC) and had no issues. I do also like my AA S400 though. 

Should also say that I've never had any direct dealings with Daystate themselves. I'm lucky enough to live not far from Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles and he does any tweaks or servicing 

Edited by TommoTomson

1 hour ago, TommoTomson said:

I think any answer you'll get is subjective to ones own opinion/experience.

I much prefer the mechanical models purely down to my belief that there is less to go wrong. That being said I have used a friend's Redwolf and it was phenomenally accurate.

I've owned a few, both new and used (Huntsman Mk2, PH6 and currently X2 FAC) and had no issues. I do also like my AA S400 though. 

Should also say that I've never had any direct dealings with Daystate themselves. I'm lucky enough to live not far from Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles and he does any tweaks or servicing 

My Red Wolf is a 177 sub 12 ft lb, it is so accurate that it is almost boring to shoot if that makes sense.  It is an amazing air rifle.  At 10 years old my Air Ranger sprung a leak and it went back for a service through my RFD and it came back better than ever.  I can only speak as I find.

Edited by Weihrauch17

On 08/10/2022 at 19:52, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Can anyone on here explain to me why the above are a bad company to deal with ?.

Thanks all.

Ring them up and you will find out. An automated message asks you if you are trade or a private customer. when you tell  them you are private it says contact your local Daystate dealer we don't deal with private customers. That's shocking. Sold my Daystate on the back of that. At least Air Arms have a decent customer service.

5 hours ago, 222mark said:

Ring them up and you will find out. An automated message asks you if you are trade or a private customer. when you tell  them you are private it says contact your local Daystate dealer we don't deal with private customers. That's shocking. Sold my Daystate on the back of that. At least Air Arms have a decent customer service.

That's because your contract ,when you buy a gun. is nothing to do with Daystate, it's with the dealer. I thought Daystate were owned by Sabbati? They dont make guns BTW, they assemble them from parts manufactured wherever they can buy them cheapest, not a great recipe. The marque is regarded as the Dogs Danglies but for the price they charge there are far too many horror stories of poor QC, couldn't wait to get rid of mine, twice the price of an AA but nowhere near the quality/performance.

Edited by bruno22rf

I have an original Huntsman classic, never has missed a beat. Lovely accurate gun. After buying it new i contacted Daystate and asked about obtaining "O" rings "just in case" Lady said she would look into it and took my address, few days later i rec'd in the post a full set FOC. I still have them unused. Such a shame "if the tales are true" that Daystate has gone downhill.

17 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

That's because your contract ,when you buy a gun. is nothing to do with Daystate, it's with the dealer. I thought Daystate were owned by Sabbati? They dont make guns BTW, they assemble them from parts manufactured wherever they can buy them cheapest, not a great recipe. The marque is regarded as the Dogs Danglies but for the price they charge there are far too many horror stories of poor QC, couldn't wait to get rid of mine, twice the price of an AA but nowhere near the quality/performance.

I wanted some technical information at the time i phoned Daystate. Air Arms will bend over backwards to help you. I don't think it's nothing to do with a contract's, they just seem to have a bad attitude. Like you i couldn't wait to get rid.

1 hour ago, 222mark said:

I wanted some technical information at the time i phoned Daystate. Air Arms will bend over backwards to help you. I don't think it's nothing to do with a contract's, they just seem to have a bad attitude. Like you i couldn't wait to get rid.

I bought a MK3 not long after they came out, from memory they were the first Air Rifle with a RRP of £1k+. Rang Daystate with the serial number and actually spoke to Tony Belas, he assured me that my intended purchase was genuine and added that it was one of a batch fitted with LW Match grade barrels the best, in fact, that Daystate had bought to date. Gun duly purchased, to be fair it was accurate (but no more than my 2 AA S410's) and the trigger was sublime (best I've ever used) but problems arose when you held the gun upwards, as if following a Squirrel, and operated the bolt - pellets would fall backwards into the action and jam everything up. That would be your days shooting over as you had to strip the action to remove the pellet, this happened several times to me and ,following another call to Daystate, I found that this was a known fault, but they tried to tell me that pointing a gun upwards whilst cocking it was dangerous!!!!  After a couple of visits to the gunshop, to clear a jam, I decided to strip the gun myself next time and was shocked at the build quality, some of the turned parts looked like Mr Magoo had machined them. Totally unacceptable quality and customer service.

Had daystate and will never buy another one . Over priced , over ratted **** to put it politely. Daystate as a company is even worse, lies , lies and lies . I can remember tb saying we don’t need regulators in our guns , Harper valve is better  , ok so why do you fit regs now . What a clown 

12 minutes ago, villaman said:

Had daystate and will never buy another one . Over priced , over ratted **** to put it politely. Daystate as a company is even worse, lies , lies and lies . I can remember tb saying we don’t need regulators in our guns , Harper valve is better  , ok so why do you fit regs now . What a clown 

So, you're on the fence then.....

Edited by bruno22rf

It's always a similar story with Daystate. If it's a regular service, great. If it's something you've done that was dopey, they're fine. But as soon as there's any accusation that the problem is the gun and not the owner, their customer service is shocking. I've had an Air Ranger, a mk4 and an Air Wolf and I'm done with them now. They make some of the nicest looking rifles on the market, but the manufacturing quality is just not up to scratch. So the likelihood is that something will go wrong with it, but they'll still blame you. 

My HW110 was considerably cheaper and much more reliable than any of the Daystates. It's no less accurate either. It's not the best looking of guns, but when it comes to it, I enjoy shooting something that works a lot more than something that doesn't!