Shooting trousers

millrace

Looking for recommendations for trousers.....my criteria is as follows....

Must be light waterproof thorn proof hard wearing you know what i mean....lol

Cant be big thick warm and sweaty i dont like being to warm....i work outdoors so i dont notice the cold compared to some....

Must fit to size as these will be internet purchase.....

And i wont be spending 100,s on these so no point in sayin harlkla etc....im over to much barb wire to be going down that route.....

Thanks all!!

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

Got to be waxed over trousers then. 🤷‍♂️

Waxed over pair of snickers work trousers.....not pleasant over few miles of n-irish rough ground....lol

23 minutes ago, WelshAndy said:

Shooterking Silva 👍🏻 Guy on Stalking Directory does a good deal 😉 

Someone would need to be doing a "good deal" at some of the prices ive just ceen.....lol

18 minutes ago, millrace said:

Waxed over pair of snickers work trousers.....not pleasant over few miles of n-irish rough ground....lol

Someone would need to be doing a "good deal" at some of the prices ive just ceen.....lol

Yeah, must admit they’re not breathable, which is why I get the lined Barbour ones. 
The only other options I’d suggest are Laksen, but they’re expensive and not barbed wire proof, of CC  ( Fortis ) canvas salopettes. Again, not cheap but just about bullet proof. Must have had mine for over ten years now. 

I tried on some Sealand, ridge line and Harkila and they were all to long in leg. They all do the same one length which is to long for me at 5’ 10”. The ones that fitted were Jack Pyle and Percussion Marley both not to heavy and reasonable price compared to the others

5 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Harkila. Gone everything pro hunter now. I know there premium price but being out in all weather you will appreciate it. 

I'm out shooting roughly 1/10th the amount Bumpy is, but if you don't want to spring for Harkila I'd second the Decathlon Solognac stuff.  Quite rugged and not too hot.  Also got Shooterking, which is good for the money.  Both regularly on sale too.

Cheap olive green stretch jeans that you can walk, run,jump, climb without being restricted. and DUCK DRI TREGGINGS worn over them. They are very tough,  waterproof proof and not restrictive, brilliant product. I'm out woodcock shooting 2 to 3 times a week from middle of November on till end of season,  they do my job.  Forget expensive trousers.  No good, too expensive.