Here comes Boris

TIGHTCHOKE

19 hours ago, Mice! said:

I can understand that not everyone wants to work in the care sector,  it certainly wouldn't be for me.

BUT I see no reason why fit able bodied youngsters are paid to sit at home in their parents houses, I'd like to see them made to go out and earn the money that they are given, make them do 37hrs litter picking or something else that needs doing in their community.

Then you have those who know their better of not working, with multiple kids and are happy knowing they won't have to work, I'd put a limit on the time they can claim for, people shouldn't be happy sitting at home.

The benefits system should be a temporary safety net, not a lifestyle choice.

This. It takes a special type of person willing to spend the vast majority of their days caring for the sick, aged and disabled, in many cases all three, and for a wage that isn’t great. 
Hospitality is another example; it is desperate for staff, but in most places all that is on offer are long unsociable hours for minimum wage, and they wonder why they can’t get staff. 
Why would anyone do either when they can get paid to live off off the state for not much less??

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Scully said:

I suppose it all comes down to who those voting, think would have the best chance of winning at the next GE, which was why I was so surprised when Truss got in. 🤷‍♂️

Latest news is, 208 out of 357 Tory MPs have gone public with their support:

Rishi Sunak - 130 MPs

Boris Johnson - 55 MPs

Penny Mordaunt - 23 MPs

it could all change overnight but I would say its not looking good for Boris.

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

This. It takes a special type of person willing to spend the vast majority of their days caring for the sick, aged and disabled, in many cases all three, and for a wage that isn’t great. 
Hospitality is another example; it is desperate for staff, but in most places all that is on offer are long unsociable hours for minimum wage, and they wonder why they can’t get staff. 
Why would anyone do either when they can get paid to live off off the state for not much less??

Got to agree with this we looked after my mother when my father passed and if it wasn't for my wife i myself wouldn't have coped 

Just now, old'un said:

Rishi Sunak - 130 MPs

Boris Johnson - 55 MPs

Penny Mordaunt - 23 MPs

"have gone public with their support"...????.......im sure there is stuff going on behind the scenes that we can only guess at....i dont think he would have thrown his hat into the ring unless he was sure of his support...or would he have ??? 

its all very strange............hah !!.....look at Italy....Berlisconi is back....mr bunga bunga party man....after what he has been thro...and he looks like the walking dead toboot...

11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

"have gone public with their support"...????.......im sure there is stuff going on behind the scenes that we can only guess at....i dont think he would have thrown his hat into the ring unless he was sure of his support...or would he have  

its all very strange............hah !!.....look at Italy....Berlisconi is back....mr bunga bunga party man....after what he has been thro...and he looks like the walking dead toboot...

Has Boris formally declared he's running for leadership?

Sunaks now on 133 MP’s

44 minutes ago, Scully said:

That is the problem. They shouldn't and the state shouldn't support that lifestyle.

48 minutes ago, old'un said:

Rishi Sunak - 130 MPs

Boris Johnson - 55 MPs

Penny Mordaunt - 23 MPs

Not looking particularly good for dear old Penny either!

All the next PM has to do is say it how it is and plough a straight furrow.  No fiddles, no con trick and their on track.  It's not as if the opposition is any good.   You've only got to look at the bunch of misfits on the front bench. Theirs still a lot of corbinites just waiting.   All of the women of liebor look a load of miserable hard types. All of the lieborites always look like they are so angry. And Starmer,  Nahh dead sheep.

Edited by Minky

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not looking particularly good for dear old Penny either!

Aren’t we supposed to be pigeon shooters?  Decoys can have to uses - attract things to where you want them and the opposite. Ditchman makes the point.

Edit: Error, wrong member quoted. Sorry, now corrected.

Edited by wymberley

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

not yet ................

Thanks, guess he's waiting to see how much support he has before declaring, doesn't want egg on his face does he.

2 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Aren’t we supposed to be pigeon shooters?  Decoys can have to uses - attract things to where you want them and the opposite. Old ‘un makes the point.

Yes, but sometimes they just don't decoy.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Yep, I know its not over yet but it looks like Sunak is going to walk it.

I have asked before but do you know if Boris as formally declared he's running for leadership?

I do not know for sure, but would feel that if Boris thinks he has a chance he will stand.

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I do not know for sure, but would feel that if Boris thinks he has a chance he will stand.

latest results dont look to good for him, he may not bother declaring.

Rishi Sunak - 145 MPs

Boris Johnson - 56 MPs

Penny Mordaunt - 23 MPs

1 hour ago, old'un said:

there's still 133 yet to declare, but unless theres a massive swing to Boris over the next 24 hours its does look like our next PM will be Sunak.

and the one after that will be Starmer because Sunak won't attract general support in an election.

23 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Boris wont put his hat in the ring unless he is sure he can win he cant stand losing 

Who can blame him, I'm sure he'll want to know he's in with a good shout before committing,  otherwise he'll just look like a muppet...........