24 hours in Police Custody. Ch.4 documentary.

Westley

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

this is full square fault of the police and cps if scumbags are injured committing crime justice has already been served there is no public interest prosecuting who caused them 

Bear in mind when you vote that Starmer used to be in charge of the CPS and got Knighted for it and don't wind me up about the actions or inactions of todays police....I refuse to use the term Force or Service it doesn't apply today.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Or given a medal 😂

Yep, although the jury found him guilty I think the judge should have given a stern warning with a suspended sentence, obviously we dont know the full details of the case but from what I seen in the program I think I would have found him innocent just to send a message to the lowlife that if they step over the mark they deserve what they get.

Tin hat on henry d. :sneaky2:

They are suing his car insurance.... have you even watched the program?

I haven't watched the program. Why would I need to watch it? I believe that they would need to sue him and hope his car insurance would cover him - which it won't.

Was this in reply to me? If it was I think you've misunderstood my post

No.

31 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, although the jury found him guilty I think the judge should have given a stern warning with a suspended sentence, obviously we dont know the full details of the case but from what I seen in the program I think I would have found him innocent just to send a message to the lowlife that if they step over the mark they deserve what they get.

Tin hat on henry d. :sneaky2:

Absolutely agree with you. 

Its very sad to see, this country is going to the dogs. 

To be fair to him, I think Henry has finally given up on trying to "educate" me 😁

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Tin hat on henry d.

Where do we stop? Lynch mobs?

51 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Absolutely agree with you. 

Its very sad to see, this country is going to the dogs. 

To be fair to him, I think Henry has finally given up on trying to "educate" me 😁

Happy to see our country upholding the law. 

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Bear in mind when you vote that Starmer used to be in charge of the CPS and got Knighted for it and don't wind me up about the actions or inactions of todays police....I refuse to use the term Force or Service it doesn't apply today.

Very sadly true on both counts Sir!

How can it have all gone so wrong?

17 minutes ago, oowee said:

The trouble is with the repeated failures in this country it may end up at Lynch Mobs, maybe worse. I know that you will blame the Conservatives/Brexit/There is a letter Y in the name of the day - but all governments/parties are responsible for the state that we are in - along with the Whitehall Mandarins who are the power behind the thrones (Civil Servants)

38 minutes ago, henry d said:

I'm a troll for asking for clarification? If you go outside of the law then you throw the dice and accept how they fall.

Sorry I do apologise. It's I just can't believe anyone in real life is as sanctimonious as you portray yourself to be. 

Edited by Rem260

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

What about the innocent victim who gets run over by the thieves on their next criminal venture, I believe less than 5% of burglaries are solved. 

What about an innocent bystander who gets run over and killed by someone pursuing the scumbags. That would see the burglary victim facing somewhere in the region of 14 years inside for causing death by dangerous driving. Cases like this are very seldom straight forward. Quite often police will break off a chase because there's more risk to the public by continuing a pursuit. Also bear in mind that not all police officers that drive cars are pursuit trained. Crimes remain unsolved because there isn't enough evidence to bring it to a trial. Plenty of murders have went unsolved even though people know who done it. Bringng the required weight of evidence into a courtroom that proves to a jury who done it is another matter, alleged rapes and sexual assaults being the big one.

Don't get me wrong I am all for protecting your property and if you catch someone in the act I believe you should be able to detain them, but that doesn't mean you should be allowed to involve yourself in a chase and ram them off the road.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Happy to see our country upholding the law. 

Well lets put it like this, I don't think that having a chat with them about their behaviour would do a lot of good but before I get the rope I would like to hear your solution to these scumbags.

10 minutes ago, old'un said:

Well lets put it like this, I don't think that having a chat with them about their behaviour would do a lot of good but before I get the rope I would like to hear your solution to these scumbags.

Defend your property by all means. Revenge attacks and killings belong in the jungle. 

Decent prison sentences would be a start. Don't tell me prisons aren't big enough. Build more. We put up illegals in decent hotels and find room for them in prisons when they break the law - sadly disproportionately more than those born in the UK.

Adopt the American three strikes system.

More visible Police - out on the street rather than spending an undue amount of time in McDonalds. Seventeen at one time in our local branch.

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Defend your property by all means. Revenge attacks and killings belong in the jungle. 

At what point would you go from defence to attack in defending family and proprty? Talking about a jungle, think some victims of crime might think the streets are already a bit of a jungle.

9 minutes ago, old'un said:

At what point would you go from defence to attack in defending family and proprty? Talking about a jungle, think some victims of crime might think the streets are already a bit of a jungle.

So why do you suggest law abiding folk make matters worse? Would you be happy for your kids to go out tooled up? Why not get a pit bull a razor collar and a slip lead? Lets all take a shank to the pub! 

Not for me, I favour a civilised society. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

So why do you suggest law abiding folk make matters worse? Would you be happy for your kids to go out tooled up? Why not get a pit bull a razor collar and a slip lead? Lets all take a shank to the pub! 

Not for me, I favour a civilised society. and me. :good:

now you are talking vigilante, never suggested that, I am talking about the good guys defending their family and property.

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not for me, I favour a civilised society. 

Funnily had Ukraine got tooled up. It would have been prevented the criminal attack on its sovereignty. It shouldn't of then fought back and just let the worlds police (UN) sort it out.

You are defending your property whilst you remain on your property. Once you leave that, you are potentially going from defending to attacking. This is why the lad ended up inside.

Whilst I have a lot of sympathy with the lad who was burgled, once you set off chasing them and ramming their bike, you have gone way outside of your rights.

Funnily had Ukraine got tooled up. It would have been prevented the criminal attack on its sovereignty. It shouldn't of then fought back and just let the worlds police (UN) sort it out.

Bizarre. Just what has that got to do with anything?

Edited by Gordon R