strange tel message

DUNKS

8 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Today message from Royal mail "We'll deliver your vape UK parcel today. View delivery options at"  And then a 26 digit and numbers code. starting https//ryml.me/

Anyone know what this might be? Thanks.

Usually royal mail won't handle   vape stuff  , they use other  delivery  services I am wainting for some vape gear , usually DPD or Hermes.  

8 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Today message from Royal mail "We'll deliver your vape UK parcel today. View delivery options at"  And then a 26 digit and numbers code. starting https//ryml.me/

Anyone know what this might be? Thanks.

So i've come to the conclusion that you Vape, and ordered some vape juice. 

If none of the above what makes you think this is a legitimate message ?

Get a Samsung Phone its got a delete button on, and a block facility. :yes:

Strange, but I got a scam email today, supposedly from eBay.

it said a payment is about to be made from my bank account to pay £499.99 for a TV set I had ordered and to be delivered to a man at such and such address . If I had not ordered it to ring a given phone number and report it to their fraud dept.

i had not ordered it but I certainly did not ring the number.

Edited by Good shot?

On 13/12/2022 at 15:38, Good shot? said:

This type of scam can look like it has come from any or many  reputable companies including your bank etc..

Oh so true. Mrs B received an alert from Amazon to the effect that there was a problem with her account so all outstanding orders had been withheld until she reconfirms her personal data to rectify matters. The Amazon page looked very realistic and people could be confused so full marks to the scammers. Their only problem is that Mrs B does not have an Amazon account 🤡

43 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Oh so true. Mrs B received an alert from Amazon to the effect that there was a problem with her account so all outstanding orders had been withheld until she reconfirms her personal data to rectify matters. The Amazon page looked very realistic and people could be confused so full marks to the scammers. Their only problem is that Mrs B does not have an Amazon account 🤡

I have had this one several times. I too do not have an account. Further to the post office message i got another one to say the parcel had been delivered to my "safe place" but still inviting me to visit the web site.

Had an email purporting to be from Ebay, with an invoice notification informing me that I had ordered and paid for a TV, which would be delivered to a postcode which turned out to be a castle in Yorkshire. There was a telephone number included in case I had not ordered this item. I didn't phone it, but instead phoned Ebay. Definitely a scam with no activity on my account. Had I telephoned the number provided on the invoice, who knows what might have happened? Phew!