Slow Forum, what's going on?

TIGHTCHOKE

4 hours ago, amateur said:

Is that because you had adopted the Norfolk style of dress and Ditchie, noticing your weird accent, had asked where you are really from?

How dare you. 

My name change to a ‘local’ one, along with forming the charity ‘SONWT&F’ (Society of Norfolk webbed toes and fingers) is all above board I will have you know. 
All financial ‘drawings’ to me in person are fully justified and should in no way be seen as excessive- just because we drew in half a million quid and I paid myself £480000, is perfectly acceptable In my eyes- I worked very hard for it having my hair and nails done.

It’s my silver thong that TC gave me, that makes me sound ‘different’. 

Edited by Jaymo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

How dare you. 

My name change to a ‘local’ one, along with forming the charity ‘SONWT&F’ (Society of Norfolk webbed toes and fingers) is all above board I will have you know. 
All financial ‘drawings’ to me in person are fully justified and should in no way be seen as excessive- just because we drew in half a million quid and I paid myself £480000, is perfectly acceptable I’m my eyes- I worked very hard for it having my hair and nails done.

👍🏻

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

How dare you. 

All financial ‘drawings’ to me in person are fully justified and should in no way be seen as excessive- just because we drew in half a million quid and I paid myself £480000, is perfectly acceptable In my eyes- I worked very hard for it having my hair and nails done.

im having chili - con-carni for lunch today.............

.........just thought i would put that out there....:good:

Perhaps I fall into  this category. 1  I probably partially read 10 threads and reply to maybe 1. The reason , maybe that I feel that the  threads are just a  waste of time or irrelevant.   Or that it is just a load of old people who perhaps used to shoot but just use it as a bit of a social club, (my late father used to be on a band of old ****) who used to talk about nothing on a daily basis on cb radio.  2 I  probably haven't got the time or inclination to get involved in some sort of row over nothing.  Perhaps it's the site rules that stop people getting into the melee.  I'd much rather read and get involved with real shooting experience topics.  I was going to write a lot more but I won't.   I'm in too far now.!  That could be the reason for a slow post rate.

4 minutes ago, Minky said:

Perhaps I fall into  this category. 1  I probably partially read 10 threads and reply to maybe 1. The reason , maybe that I feel that the  threads are just a  waste of time or irrelevant.   Or that it is just a load of old people who perhaps used to shoot but just use it as a bit of a social club, (my late father used to be on a band of old ****) who used to talk about nothing on a daily basis on cb radio.  2 I  probably haven't got the time or inclination to get involved in some sort of row over nothing.  Perhaps it's the site rules that stop people getting into the melee.  I'd much rather read and get involved with real shooting experience topics.  I was going to write a lot more but I won't.   I'm in too far now.!  That could be the reason for a slow post rate.

what you find as irrelevant and a waste of time and fit for ole farts is what every pigeon shooter who shoots with a mate in a hide experiences on a day out decoying.........talking total rubbish....ribbing and insulting each other....we may not shoot anymore...but we still retain our humour (offbeat)...and decades of experience and opinion of being in the field..

and we have earned the right to exercise it...

14 minutes ago, Minky said:

You sound like a bundle of fun to share a pigeon hide with, all the best, from an old f-art who is still shooting.

Overall I find the forum very helpful with the vast array of knowledge by the members , if you approach the members in the right frame of mind you might at times get a bit of ribbing but as long as don't get insulting then it's all part of the fun .

Every member must have something to tell each other , it might be where you live , just coming into the sport or just going out of it , I have got very little interest in guns , how they function and what go into the breach , and yet I have been using them all of my teenage and adult life and at times I will join in the conversation when they might mention the same gun I own or have owned and way we go again for a few replies which all help to keep the forum active.

As most of you know , if the subject of wild fowling crop up then I will happily join in and write my share and maybe a bit more than my share on a something that is very close to my heart , same with Pigeon shooting , no one will know it all and some will know more , or less than others members and I find if you ask for help then the replies will start rolling in , not all helpful replies mind you but it all help to pass these long Winter nights.:drinks:

On 18/12/2022 at 14:34, Minky said:

That could be the reason for a slow post rate.

I’m with Minky. There’s a small, but vocal, group of posters who seem to take an active delight in chiming in, despite the fact they have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

The off-topic forum is particularly hard to read unless you block some posters, as it’s quite clear they have no desire to learn, but are happy to subject us all to irrelevant anecdotes from when Christ was a boy.

No wonder those whose knowledge we might actually benefit from - you know, those who actually go out shooting - are put off posting.

All this is a long way of saying of the signal to noise ratio on a given forum gets too poor, it dies rather quickly. 

A really good example of nonsense was the Ukraine war thread.  I don't have the need or want to read or get involved in pointless political propaganda for no reason.  I just stopped coming on here.  If they want to talk to themselves they don't waste my time.  Shooting has a hard enough time without feeding idiots with conspiracy theories.   The thread should have been shut down rapidly iregardless to whether forum rules were being breeched. 

1 hour ago, Minky said:

A really good example of nonsense was the Ukraine war thread.  I don't have the need or want to read or get involved in pointless political propaganda for no reason.  I just stopped coming on here.  If they want to talk to themselves they don't waste my time.  Shooting has a hard enough time without feeding idiots with conspiracy theories.   The thread should have been shut down rapidly iregardless to whether forum rules were being breeched. 

You do realise you don't have to  click on and read a thread if you don't want to, the same as you don't have to go into anyone of the numerous different sections if they don't intrerest you., as i posted earlier , nearly 406 thousand topics and 3.9 million posts, and yet some of you can't seem to find anything of interest, or be bothered to start a topic.

1 hour ago, Minky said:

While I firmly believed Russia is to blame for the war and consider any opinions counter to that incorrect. I enjoy a debate and listening to counter arguments. 

You can always ignore a thread if you don't like one. 

On 18/12/2022 at 14:34, Minky said:

Perhaps I fall into  this category. 1  I probably partially read 10 threads and reply to maybe 1. The reason , maybe that I feel that the  threads are just a  waste of time or irrelevant.   Or that it is just a load of old people who perhaps used to shoot but just use it as a bit of a social club, 

Like i used to shoot but handed my guns in now , but i still have a gutty so i can come on a shooting forum ?. Maybe coming on here is easier than going to the library for a banter and to keep warm but old age will come to us all 

According to the wife i have been auld since i was in my 30's 

20 hours ago, welsh1 said:

You do realise you don't have to  click on and read a thread if you don't want to, the same as you don't have to go into anyone of the numerous different sections if they don't intrerest you., as i posted earlier , nearly 406 thousand topics and 3.9 million posts, and yet some of you can't seem to find anything of interest, or be bothered to start a topic.

firstly I didn't and haven't stated that there aren't threads of interest on here.  Secondly, as soon as I found the Ukraine war thread offensive to me I didn't go on that thread again.  Thirdly, I'll shut the door as I leave. Time to go shooting, Bye 

31 minutes ago, Minky said:

firstly I didn't and haven't stated that there aren't threads of interest on here.  Secondly, as soon as I found the Ukraine war thread offensive to me I didn't go on that thread again.  Thirdly, I'll shut the door as I leave. Time to go shooting, Bye 

:thanks:  :lol: