Alt Berg vs Brandecosse

shootingmike

I have two pairs of Brandecosse as I am in them on the hill three or four days a week. I have one drying whilst I wear the others. Oldest pair in their fourth season and still as good as ever keeping my feet dry worn with gaiters. I particularly like the rigid sole and traditional welting. 

These boots are well made and looked after will last. I take a size 10 and find sizing spot on although I visited them to try before I bought my first pair. That was before they did the various fairs. I treat them from time time alternating between leather balsam/renovating cream and traditional dubbin.

Hope this helps.

I like Altberg boots. They do some hardwearing gamekeepers boots if your going to hammer them. 
I always go at least half a size bigger and a little wider fitting. Thick boots socks and your feet won’t won’t complain. 
the Brandecosse boots do look nice. 

Worn alt bergs 12 hrs a day for many many days (decades in reality). They wear well and are comfy. Yes there are lighter boots and tougher boots however altbers do the job very well at a reasonable price. Aku make some decent fabric boots if you don't want leather that are just as waterproof. 

Altbergs are good but I find they wear quicker than a lot of brands when driving lots
I love love love my Magnums for wearability. It seems a bit beretta vs browning between Altberg and Magnum. I believe Magnum are a Hi Tek brand
I haven't worn Belleville but heard nice things

Mammut and Berghaus are good but depends on fit.

Altberg do a range called GFit for wider feet, if that's your issue? They have 5 width fittings and of course different sizes :D
https://www.altberg.co.uk/boots

Bought my 1st Altbergs in the spring,Kisdon G last after decades of Meindls.Done a lot of walking in the Kisdons and they`ve proven to be the most comfortable boots I think I`ve ever bought,as well as having soles which seem to find grip in most situations .Hth.

On 27/12/2022 at 07:00, shootingmike said:

Thanks all, very helpful. Will probably wait for the Brandecosse to come back in stock. Really like the look of them. 

It’s worth trying to find the right size fit and keeping an eye on their B Stock sale. Very minor imperfections and £100 or so cheaper but coming with all the usual guarantees. Bought my second pair that way and brilliant.