Am I a grumpy old *** ?

30-6

I admit to being a half empty glass and pessimistic kind of guy. I think of myself as a plodder, plodding along day to day. Try my best not to make plans for fear of disappointed. It has been many years since I have sort of enjoyed the festive season.

Yet as Christmas and New Year comes around find myself with some plans in place, and yet again bad news and sad news screws any hope of a joyous time up. Compared to others though I am doing ok, always someone worse off than yourself. I fear what the future decades hold for our grandchildren.

2022 has been exceptionally tough for everybody, and who knows what 2023 will bring.

So, for what it's worth, " Wishing All You Guys and Gals a Happy New Year ". Let's all hope a better year ahead.

Do you turn into a grumpy old **** or do you just speak the truth as you get older , With the wife laid up i have been doing the shopping and you notice its old folk that stand in the shop doorways and in groups in the middle of a isle bleathering , unlike them i am no out for the day for a tour of Asda , Tesco , Lidl or aldi on the free bus  . Im out to get what we require and get home incase the wife has needed anything since i left , A few sarcastic words just loud enough to let the hear them moves them on LOL 

Happy and healthy new year to all.

I too find the festive season a pain, but I reconcile myself that there are millions of people worse of than myself, not that that makes it any easier. The older I get the more reason I have to be a cynical grumpy old ***.

Keep your chin up, its easier for the Bast...s to hit you so you can turn the other cheek, then you f... them over!

FB

In a nutshell, yes.

The older I get and the more cynical and grumpy I have become, so much so that I have stopped watching any news or current affair programs on tv as they all depress and wind me up.

This will continue until I hear,  by chance of any potential good news being in the offing.

Meanwhile a happy new year to everyone.😀

I've become more cynical has I've got older ,not that lacked criticism when I was younger and I never suffered fools gladly, but these days I tend to speak my mind and don't care if I offend fools , also with age I have become more Arthritic than Athletic which also leads to grumpyness , Happy New Year .

Edited by derbyduck

I'm well into my eighties.   I have been a carer for my wife for ten years.  (Mobility and Alzheimers).   I get out stalking, fowling, brushing and the like whenever I can.   I spend every pennny I can afford on relief carers so that I can get out in the field and keep my sanity.

I have been lucky in the health department and keep myself reasonably fit.

If I wake up in the morning IT IS A GOOD DAY!   

If I wake up in the morning and I have a relief carer IT IS A VERY GOOD DAY!

If I wake up in the morning and I have a relief carer and it is a good stalking or fowling day IT IS A FANTASTICALLY VERY GOOD DAY!

Am I a grumpy old man?   You just better believe it.   Can't stand all the whinging and moaning that goes on these days.

Gave up super market shoping years ago.   They deliver...

Just wish that I was younger.   Got so many things to do yet.

Edited by Grandalf

4 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

I'm well into my eighties.   I have been a carer for my wife for ten years.  (Mobility and Alzheimers).   I get out stalking, fowling, brushing and the like whenever I can.   I spend every pennny I can afford on relief carers so that I can get out in the field and keep my sanity.

I have been lucky in the health department and keep myself reasonably fit.

If I wake up in the morning IT IS A GOOD DAY!   

If I wake up in the morning and I have a relief carer IT IS A VERY GOOD DAY!

If I wake up in the morning and I have a relief carer and it is a good stalking or fowlind day IT IS A FANTASTICALLY VERY GOOD DAY!

Am I a grumpy old man?   You just better believe it.   Can't stand all the whinging and moaning that goes on these days.

Gave up super market shoping years ago.   They deliver...

Just wish that I was younger.   Got so many things to do yet.

Good for you! Long May that continue! 👍