Help Required Regards Doctors Form For my FAC application

I am stuck at the minute regards putting my application in for my FAC ticket due to my doctors surgery, they are telling me it will be a  MINIMUM of 26 weeks to fill the form out for me, has anyone got any recommendations, can I pay a private company/doctor to fill it in quicker for me as I feel 26 weeks MINIMUM is an absolute joke 

Many Thanks

26 minutes ago, shawn9914 said:

I am stuck at the minute regards putting my application in for my FAC ticket due to my doctors surgery, they are telling me it will be a  MINIMUM of 26 weeks to fill the form out for me, has anyone got any recommendations, can I pay a private company/doctor to fill it in quicker for me as I feel 26 weeks MINIMUM is an absolute joke 

Many Thanks

You can request your full medical records from your GP and they have to supply them to you within one month of your request. As mentioned, you can also contact MEDCERT who will do this for you. I went through BASC, and after requesting my records, I sent them to a GP on their list. He then sent the Pro Forma to the police and I paid him £25:00 although he originally stated £50:00

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Lord O War said:

26 Weeks! I don't belive they want to do it. So now they will have to do the same thing for free when you use someone else/ My Doctors took 3 days and £50.

Precisely. If it was pointed out to the GP practice - they can either earn a quick £50 or end up doing it free of charge….?! 

21 hours ago, shawn9914 said:

Jusr had a reply back from my doctor they have said they are happy to complete my medical records for my FAC application and their fee will be £133.00 😯

They clearly don’t understand that you can get it done quickly for less than half the price. 

2 hours ago, Fellside said:

They clearly don’t understand that you can get it done quickly for less than half the price. 

And by forcing the applicant to use a third party they have to do 80% of the work for no charge and within 30 days.

I tried explaining this to the lead dense secretary of my anti shooting GP who couldn't of cared less.

• 2 weeks later...

clearly theyre just trrying to sicken you by offering silly times followed by silly money. Ask them what they charge and wait time for a HGV or bus medical exam report, if its different ask why as its the same set of questions more or less.

fingers crossed ive just got my tickets back it will be diffrent in 5 years time with a single independent body taking care of licencing.

53 minutes ago, London Best said:

Not that old chestnut! 
They’ve been saying that for decades.

conviniently left out the bit where i said fingers crossed. Also its what my FAO was saying he thinks its the way it will go as their isnt a single force whos  operating at the rate they were pre covid and 70% are straight up failing. both sides of the fence are wanting a reform for safety and for a better service. and licvencing related issues are always in any shooting related media way more than it was before so why wouldnt it potentialy be on the cards?.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/04/2023 at 21:22, Poor Shot said:

And by forcing the applicant to use a third party they have to do 80% of the work for no charge and within 30 days.

I tried explaining this to the lead dense secretary of my anti shooting GP who couldn't of cared less.

I had exactly the same conversation with mine.  Have a feeling they wouldn’t wake up to that fact if you burned £50 notes in the waiting room to illustrate the point about lost revenue, let alone staffing costs. 

On 12/04/2023 at 18:48, shawn9914 said:

Jusr had a reply back from my doctor they have said they are happy to complete my medical records for my FAC application and their fee will be £133.00 😯

Finally! I’ve found someone who got a higher quote than my £125! 😃 I was worried about running out of time so I paid it.

• 2 weeks later...