Girl with an Afro

Scully

12 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

There's many others enjoy it than some think.

thumbnail_MN4.jpg

thumbnail_MN5.jpg

thumbnail_MN6.jpg

???????  Where are they all then, something that has been commented on more than once is, spot the dark face at any visit to Bisley, very few on the ground!!!!!

Edited by Dekers

1 hour ago, Dekers said:

???????  Where are they all then, something that has been commented on more than once is spot the dark face at any visit to Bisley, very few on the ground!!!!!

I was about to ask the same question. I’ve never ever seen a black person at a shoot, beating, picking up, at a clay shoot, at a game fair….anywhere. 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Here she is;

NICOLLE Girl with an afro.jpg

Yes. It’s not on long but worth watching! She’s a breath of fresh air. 👍

3 hours ago, Dekers said:

Where are they all then....

Michelle. Jamaican born and Jamaican bred with the accent and attitude to match.

Presently living and working in Abu Dhabi yet at this exact time on holiday in the Seychelles with our son (gone scuba diving for his thirty-first birthday present) below. Who come the 2023-2024 game season will be beating at Thrumpton Hall Shoot near Nottingham.

But thirty years ago plus when I had a gun in a local shoot I used to take Michelle sometimes if she wanted to come. But one day I took the then current paramour instead. The guns could clearly tell the difference and knew anyway. The keeper clearly didn't! "Oh," he says, "Good Morning are you Michelle?" To which came the reply, to the great mirth of the other guns "No. I'm Bridgette. I'm not Michelle I'm "the other woman"." 

So they are about. And more than just the one!

NLRIFLE.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

25 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Thrumpton Hall near Nottingham.

NLRIFLE.jpg

When I was very small I lived on the Thrumpton Estate. 
My father was the butler for Mr. Seymour, before he left to join the police force. Thirty years later, following a chance meeting in Dovedale with the Seymours, Dad returned to do some weekend house parties.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

When I was very small I lived on the Thrumpton Estate. 

It's hard beating as you'll know what the terrain is like. A lot was lost to Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station as you may know and what is shot on is hard beating that bit of grass, pasture or "bush" which isn't a forty-five degree slope is that Nottinghamshire ploughed clay that sticks to your boots such that you're carrying half the field with you when you get to the other side.

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Michelle. Jamaican born and Jamaican bred with the accent and attitude to match.

Presently living and working in Abu Dhabi yet at this exact time on holiday in the Seychelles with our son (gone scuba diving for his thirty-first birthday present) below. Who come the 2023-2024 game season will be beating at Thrumpton Hall Shoot near Nottingham.

But thirty years ago plus when I had a gun in a local shoot I used to take Michelle sometimes if she wanted to come. But one day I took the then current paramour instead. The guns could clearly tell the difference and knew anyway. The keeper clearly didn't! "Oh," he says, "Good Morning are you Michelle?" To which came the reply, to the great mirth of the other guns "No. I'm Bridgette. I'm not Michelle I'm "the other woman"." 

So they are about. And more than just the one!

NLRIFLE.jpg

Well that’s good to know then! So that’s two! 😀👍

I have yet to see or meet anyone of any other ethnicity than white on a shoot. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

Well that’s good to know then! So that’s two! 😀👍

I have yet to see or meet anyone of any other ethnicity than white on a shoot. 🙂

When I was doing a lot of loading we used to get a fair few Arab guests (or clients on let days), also a few Pakistanis and Indians. I can also remember the occasional black gentleman.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

When I was doing a lot of loading we used to get a fair few Arab guests (or clients on let days), also a few Pakistanis and Indians. I can also remember the occasional black gentleman.

I’m sure there must be more out there; I’ve just never seen them. 

22 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Report for what? It's not illegal or immoral to shoot vermin. 

no it’s not but you are required by law to try and avoid causing suffering if using an air pistol with a useless sight is your idea of that check out how many on the agf have reported them 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

no it’s not but you are required by law to try and avoid causing suffering if using an air pistol with a useless sight is your idea of that check out how many on the agf have reported them 

Not sure what the agf is?

I watched that on shooting squirrels and he missed a few, zeroed his pistol and then killed them outright at ranges of 5 to 10 metres. Yes his sight looks silly, but if if works who's to say its wrong.

9 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Not sure what the agf is?

I watched that on shooting squirrels and he missed a few, zeroed his pistol and then killed them outright at ranges of 5 to 10 metres. Yes his sight looks silly, but if if works who's to say its wrong.

Think he is referring to this...https://airgunforums.co.uk/threads/fieldsports-channel-at-it-again.42418/#post-674895