Leather for cartridge bag repair.

Minky

Where could I buy a piece of leather to repair one of my cartridge bags.  IT was FULLY loaded and when I picked it up the tab mounting point on the side broke.  Just wear and tear and the leather was paper thin.  Now I could go and buy another bag BUT the bag overall is still good.  it is a solid quality bag that has served me well and carries a lot of memories. It's got blood on it.  I have the ability to make and stitch a new piece on both points which could be made double thick which would last me out and more.  It is a light tan colour. If I could find a piece about a foot square it would do all of the repairs.  I could perhaps hunt down the local Sadler bloke but he is all ways busy and I would like it sometime in the next year.... or so.

4 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Try your local saddlers! There corrected in for you. No way I'd entrust a cartridge bag to my local Timpsons. 

I have a local Timpsons.

But I also have a proper old school cobbler who works on my footwear and my sons.

42 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have a local Timpsons.

But I also have a proper old school cobbler who works on my footwear and my sons.

Reminds me of the old "cavalry" joke. The Colonel wants his charger re-shod and goes down to the REME workshops where the old longstanding (and ex-farrier) REME Sergeant has recently been retired and a new REME Corporal has taken over.

"Can you shoe my horse, please, Corporal?"

"Yes Sir, no problem, I'll have him done for after lunch."

The Colonel returns to find the horse brilliantly shod. Best piece of shoe craftsmanship he's ever seen. Except the horse is clearly also stone dead. On its back all four beautifully shod feet sticking dead straight upright in the air.

"My God what happened?" asks the Colonel.

"I'm sorry Sir I don't know, but he's been like that since I took him out of the vice...."

Edited by enfieldspares

9 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Reminds me of the old "cavalry" joke. The Colonel wants his charger re-shod and goes down to the REME workshops where the old longstanding (and ex-farrier) REME Sergeant has recently been retired and a new REME Corporal has taken over.

"Can you shoe my horse, please, Corporal?"

"Yes Sir, no problem, I'll have him done for after lunch."

The Colonel returns to find the horse brilliantly shod. Best piece of shoe craftsmanship he's ever seen. Except the horse is clearly also stone dead. On its back all four beautifully shod feet sticking dead straight upright in the air.

"My God what happened?" asks the Colonel.

"I'm sorry Sir I don't know, but he's been like that since I took him out of the vice...."

And I thought that was going to be the one about a guy applying for a job as a farrier.

He was asked “Have you ever shoed a horse?”

To which he replied “No, but I once told a donkey to fxxk off”

Edited by Old Boggy