Cardiff Riots?

TIGHTCHOKE

My guess, a disconnected community who feels the country doesn't work for them and they have no hope of a better life, when something upsets them, they don't care about causing damage and destruction for people they perceive don't care about them, mix in navie youths and a mob mentality and that's what you get.

44 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

My guess, a disconnected community who feels the country doesn't work for them and they have no hope of a better life, when something upsets them, they don't care about causing damage and destruction for people they perceive don't care about them, mix in navie youths and a mob mentality and that's what you get.

Not too far off. 

That part of Cardiff is a famously rough dump of a place filled with people who have no hope of breaking the low skill, low paid economy cycle. Very large percentage of the people who live there are dependent on the state.  

The incident is reported to have started from the authorities responding to an accident involving two youths and stolen vehicles. Locals seem to have put two and two together and got five and assumed that the police caused the accident and have, in effect, murdered the youths. This has then spilled over to people attacking the police, criminal damage and generally trashing the place. A report on the news this morning of a disabled woman who had her adapted vehicle burnt out leaving her confined to her home until a replacement can be sourced. 

I'm sure the truth will surface eventually once the flames have been put out and the mess cleaned up. 

Edited by Poor Shot

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, 2 young people died in a traffic accident before the riots, such a shame ,

Yes and apparently the "locals" believed it was a Police chase of stolen vehicles and with the "help" of the damned social media it escalated to the Police causing the deaths.

All quite bizarre

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

Not too far off. 

That part of Cardiff is a famously rough dump of a place filled with people who have no hope of breaking the low skill, low paid economy cycle. Very large percentage of the people who live there are dependent on the state.  

Yes and they blame everybody except themselves for the state they are in.

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes and apparently the "locals" believed it was a Police chase of stolen vehicles and with the "help" of the damned social media it escalated to the Police causing the deaths.

All quite bizarre

Hello, I only heard it was a crash between a bus and them on a scooter but it is still a sad event 🙄

Alun Michael. Police and Crime Commissioner. Where have we heard that name before? Oh yes...here he is...

In February 1998, Alun Michael MP issued a press release claiming the Government had "fulfilled its pledge to remove all handguns from the streets of Britain". 

Tony Blair's Junior Minister at the Home Office at the time of the handgun ban. The Tories banned them, that's fact, but it was Labour that because of the July 1987 General Election that were actually in power during the actual hand-in and surrender.

I worked in this community in the early 00's there was a group of people committed to try to change things for the better, and some good things did happen. There were far fewer instances of this sort of activity then, although there had been some bad times there in the 80's. Most of the people i met were just like you and me. They wanted to look after their families, homes and have access to some leisure. I should think that most of the people who have been affected by this violence are the same, and a minority wanted to cause havoc. 

Aled

8 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

Not too far off. 

The incident is reported to have started from the authorities responding to an accident involving two youths and stolen vehicles. Locals seem to have put two and two together and got five and assumed that the police caused the accident and have, in effect, murdered the youths. This has then spilled over to people attacking the police, criminal damage and generally trashing the place. A report on the news this morning of a disabled woman who had her adapted vehicle burnt out leaving her confined to her home until a replacement can be sourced. 

I'm sure the truth will surface eventually once the flames have been put out and the mess cleaned up. 

Interesting.

thanks

9 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

The incident is reported to have started from the authorities responding to an accident involving two youths and stolen vehicles. Locals seem to have put two and two together and got five and assumed that the police caused the accident and have, in effect, murdered the youths.

Whilst the Police have denied any Police vehicles were operating in the area ......... CCTV video footage has emerged which appears to show a Police van following the accident victims.  It may have been simply travelling along the same road ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12115983/CCTV-shows-police-van-following-boys-e-bike-fatal-crash-sparked-Cardiff-riots.html

Edited by JohnfromUK

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Yes and they blame everybody except themselves for the state they are in.

Yep ,nothing more than ferals blaming everyone else for the results of their own lawless,anti social,behaviour. . 

Edited by matone

Hang on a mo, here.  There seems to be a lot of twists and turns on this one. Plod said that there were no plod vehicles on that road at that time.... until someone turns up cctv footage of a plod transit in hot pursuit of a couple of young fellows on 2 wheel transport.  Senior plod then says... we're viewing the  evidence... to give us time to come up with a cock and bull excuse.  When interrogated by the waiting hacks with  stupid questions such as ... are you going to resign.? And can the public have confidence in the police.?  Plod would not be drawn and skulked off back inside.   Now the locals seem to be getting the blame for all the troubles but they say that it wasn't locals and that it was mobile hooligans that came in from elsewhere like football hooligans.   After all it was their motors that were burnt out and smashed up.... AND  IF they're insured they probably won't get paid out due to the riot and war clauses.  Sport and entertainment to be had by all. 

Edit.  Except for those that lost their motors ect and may even get a bill to remove the hulks off of the Kings Highway.  And maybe a bill to reinstate said highway back to the pot hole ridden state that it was in before the troubles.

Do social security pay out for losses on this scale. Oi don't forget my motor had a full tank of fuel and a brand new set of continental tyres  just fitted.

Edited by Minky

12 hours ago, Minky said:

Hang on a mo, here.  There seems to be a lot of twists and turns on this one. Plod said that there were no plod vehicles on that road at that time.... until someone turns up cctv footage of a plod transit in hot pursuit of a couple of young fellows on 2 wheel transport.  Senior plod then says... we're viewing the  evidence... to give us time to come up with a cock and bull excuse.  When interrogated by the waiting hacks with  stupid questions such as ... are you going to resign.? And can the public have confidence in the police.?  Plod would not be drawn and skulked off back inside.   Now the locals seem to be getting the blame for all the troubles but they say that it wasn't locals and that it was mobile hooligans that came in from elsewhere like football hooligans.   After all it was their motors that were burnt out and smashed up.... AND  IF they're insured they probably won't get paid out due to the riot and war clauses.  Sport and entertainment to be had by all. 

Edit.  Except for those that lost their motors ect and may even get a bill to remove the hulks off of the Kings Highway.  And maybe a bill to reinstate said highway back to the pot hole ridden state that it was in before the troubles.

Do social security pay out for losses on this scale. Oi don't forget my motor had a full tank of fuel and a brand new set of continental tyres  just fitted.

There is very little "Truth" in this world anymore, and a large part (if not all) stems from the very top with the politicians...

TBH - I was surprised that Cardiff had such a location with the amount of money the WA spend down there....

The Police van was hardly chasing them, more like just following a suspicious vehicle with TWO young lads on board.

From the video that is now circulating, it appears to me that the two lads were not speeding, but do appear to be helmetless.

So quite how they came to grief is at present unknown.

A sad loss of two young lives, one 15 and the other 16.

I am surprised that the neighbourhood which may well be disadvantaged seems to go out of its way at the slightest opportunity to make things worse.

We don't know the truth yet, and maybe never will. But there's a history here, with the police sometimes doing something that leads to a section of the public believing that they are justified in starting a riot. They may or may not be right about the police actions, but they are always wrong to respond with a riot which, whatever the rights or wrongs of the original police action may be, always ends up with large scale theft and destruction, where the losers are the public, not the police.