Norfolk prices 😳😳😳😳

harrycatcat1

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

should have paid in virtual turnips..........thats the currency up here ole partner

Maybe, but I`ve heard that the girls there are so posh, you can end up with a dose of lobsters.:whistling:

Service charge is not compulsory, and you can ask for it to be removed from the bill, however what was the standard of the food and the service like, Β£24 per head including drinks, Β I don’t think is bad. Β I have paid your total bill for two at Roules in London, so Β£24 a head is a resultΒ 

Surely people look at the prices before they go and if can’t afford it they don’t go?

Service charge is quite normal apart from fast food establishments. You will see it printed on the menu. Means you don’t have to have cash for tips anymore.Β 

7 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Surely people look at the prices before they go and if can’t afford it they don’t go?

Service charge is quite normal apart from fast food establishments. You will see it printed on the menu. Means you don’t have to have cash for tips anymore.Β 

It’s normally only added for large tables not for small ones anyway.Β 

2 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Thought if you pay by card the machine asks you if you want to pay service charge ?. i got that at a restaurant and when i pressed no they had to input the bill again it mucked up there machineΒ 

My fuel station does that, if you don't press NO, it adds 50p for charity. Trouble is it never says what charity.

5 hours ago, Centrepin said:

My fuel station does that, if you don't press NO, it adds 50p for charity. Trouble is it never says what charity.

Thats the thing if you get good service you tip at the table it shouldnt be added on to your billΒ 

But then if you do tip at the table the cook , dishwasher etc dont get a shareΒ 

I always tip at the table. That's the thing with tips, when I worked in a kitchen they all got shared from the kitty. Sounds great until the it came to share time which was crimbo, all the seasonal staff didn't get any as they weren't about. They were shared once a year.Β 

Honestly I was on carp money in the kitchen, but the girls serving were on worse and had to deal with the old perverts and their abuse so I was happy for them to have it.Β 

Harry , You should had came in the Winter and you could have had the same meal for half the price , sadly that is the problem with eating out in a holiday resort in the height of the Summer , cheapest meal is a good ole portion of chips on the Yarmouth market place , the only problem is you need to eat them quick before the bloody sea gulls come and nick em , failing the high cost of your meal I hope you had a nice little breakΒ :good:

17 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Harry , You should had came in the Winter and you could have had the same meal for half the price , sadly that is the problem with eating out in a holiday resort in the height of the Summer , cheapest meal is a good ole portion of chips on the Yarmouth market place , the only problem is you need to eat them quick before the bloody sea gulls come and nick em , failing the high cost of your meal I hope you had a nice little breakΒ :good:

We thoroughly enjoyed the break, all the family went so it was good thanks.

Incredible amount of lovely fields full of pigeon too.

We stayed at Dunston Hall and it was very busy but pleasant πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

44 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

We thoroughly enjoyed the break, all the family went so it was good thanks.

Incredible amount of lovely fields full of pigeon too.

We stayed at Dunston Hall and it was very busy but pleasant πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Never stayed at Dunston Hall and I doubt I am ever likely to , but it have got a very good reputation , Norwich is a very nice city and full of little side streets that are well worth exploring , a very good shopping centre and the castle is again well worth a visit.

Moving away from the city the Broads are nice and the ones nearer to Yarmouth don't have any pleasure boats on , a bird watchers paradise .

As for Pigeons , today we had a run up to Cromer and as you say some of the fields were full of Pigeons , the Wheat that is laid is the most I have seen for years , the grain inside the ears would now be going milkly and on some fields I saw you could have had a lot of shooting , if anyone is looking for shooting in this area it shouldn't be hard to find with all the Pigeons sitting on the telegraph wires and the large amount of laid Wheat about .

A t bΒ  Β MM

7 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Never stayed at Dunston Hall and I doubt I am ever likely to , but it have got a very good reputation , Norwich is a very nice city and full of little side streets that are well worth exploring , a very good shopping centre and the castle is again well worth a visit.

Moving away from the city the Broads are nice and the ones nearer to Yarmouth don't have any pleasure boats on , a bird watchers paradise .

As for Pigeons , today we had a run up to Cromer and as you say some of the fields were full of Pigeons , the Wheat that is laid is the most I have seen for years , the grain inside the ears would now be going milkly and on some fields I saw you could have had a lot of shooting , if anyone is looking for shooting in this area it shouldn't be hard to find with all the Pigeons sitting on the telegraph wires and the large amount of laid Wheat about .

A t bΒ  Β MM

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘