Norfolk prices 😳😳😳😳

harrycatcat1

24 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Nearly Β£10 for a Korma? Did you not check the prices before ordering - we ate out at one of the highest rated Indian places in MK last night, 4 x drinks + 4x Curries and assorted side dishes (Rice, Chips,Naan and Bajhis) came to under Β£100.

There were 8 of us πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘

58 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I like the way they put the service charge on without askingΒ 

Β 

😳😳😳😳😳 I never noticed that 😳 

It was giving me indigestion looking at it

Edited by harrycatcat1

3 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Goodness you must have some money to live in this neck of the woods 😳😳😳 £4.50 for lemonade 

Β 

Screenshot_20230707_100410_Gallery.jpg

Β£6.49 for a pint of Cobra eh? Some profit there! Crafty too adding on 10% at the end to make everything look cheaper than it is! Same meals and drinks would be about Β£150 this way!

40 minutes ago, amateur said:

I still have fond memories of eating 25p curries in Bradford when I was a student 50 years ago.

No cutlery, just a bowl of curry, two chapattis and a glass of water.

Was that the dive at the back of the Alhambra, we used to go for lunch there about 40 years ago - price had doubled to 50p, but they suppled a spoon.

4 hours ago, Centrepin said:

On the plus side, cartridges are up to Β£30 a slab cheaper than in my own town.

I'm in Norfolk having a break also.

Β 

What prices have you found there? Examples?Sounds cheap,up to Β£120 a thou less? When I last went to East Anglia the cartridges were dearer than home!

6 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Was that the dive at the back of the Alhambra, we used to go for lunch there about 40 years ago - price had doubled to 50p, but they suppled a spoon.

Β 

6 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

My daughter was a student in Bradford about 25 years ago .They could get a curry even then for just over Β£2 . she used to say she dreaded to think what was in the curry .

We were over there a few weeks ago couldn't believe the prices in cromer tried to charge Β£5 for a jug of water and 12% service.Β 

On top of that most places only open 5.30 to 8pm they reckon its not worth opening later. More like made enough go home.Β 

1 hour ago, TOPGUN749 said:

What prices have you found there? Examples?Sounds cheap,up to Β£120 a thou less? When I last went to East Anglia the cartridges were dearer than home!

I paid Β£74 for 32 x 5s Sipe, Β£66 per slab super lights both 12 bore and Β£87 per slab for 18 x 6s .410.

On the downside petrol is .13p per litre dearer in Dereham than Sheffield.

42 minutes ago, archi said:

Them are cheap where did I get them from at that priceΒ 

Phillip Websters Gunsmiths at Wymondham.

Best Gunsmith I've found in recent times. Adjusted my gun for free and talked me out of buying a new one as my current gun was more than adequate once adjusted.

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

No, it was further up Gt Horton Rd, beyond the university, in one of the back-to-backs off to the left.

Probably now demolished. Certainly when our daughter went there in the 2000s, we couldn’t find it.