It does not pay to be lazy.

samboy

Hi gang.

After smashing 2 patio door glass windows i got 2 sheets of ply to cover the doors up when i cut the grass.

But today i only put 1 sheet of ply up. Yep another smashed window. My own fault for being lazy and not

putting the other sheet of ply up. When WILL i learn ?.

18 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

After smashing 2 patio door glass windows i got 2 sheets of ply to cover the doors up when i cut the grass.

But today i only put 1 sheet of ply up. Yep another smashed window. My own fault for being lazy and not

putting the other sheet of ply up. When WILL i learn ?.

I know someone who did the same, double glazed,toughened glass about 700mmx2000mm, cost £250 to replace!

A few years ago, a buddy had parked on my drive and we went to Mid Wales in my car. So, when we came back, my car was parked somewhere it normally wouldn't while stuff was transferred between mine and his and for him to go. Neighbour was mowing the grass at the front of his when there was an almighty noise - and a nice dent just above the drivers window - wish it had gone through the drivers window. Just touched it up with some paint - not much else you can do in that position - you wouldn't be able to PDR it easy... 😞

2 hours ago, samboy said:

i got 2 sheets of ply to cover the doors up when i cut the grass.

You're addressing the symptoms not the cause Sam.

Now the grass is cut short, get any and all members of your household to do a FOD walk (sometimes called walk-down), and remove any potential projectiles from your lawn.

DVIDS - Images - FOD walk down [Image 2 of 6]

Then buy or make a grass collector for your mower.

Problem solved.

Nobody works harder than a lazy man/Nobody solves a problem quite like a lazy man.  Be the latter. 😉

10 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Dont think you should have that many stones in your lawn , wouldnt you be better going over it with a rake after you cut it the last time 

Will from now on. Although i have a gardener so i will leave it to him i think.