Who Sold My Phone Number?

TIGHTCHOKE

Taking a break between plumbing and painting.

Sat at the computer with a coffee, have just been chatting with Ehb102.

My phone rings and shows an 0800 number.

I answer it and the caller asks for me by my shortened name (Dave) rather than David.

Turns out Sky TV have bought my details, what a bunch of ****.

They can **** off!

It's about time this selling of personal details was made illegal.

40 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i sold yer number for 5s/6d...........i am now living the dream

🤫😁

25 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I suspect that may have a ring of truth to it!

I think the next time I give my details I may well use a different christian name, maybe Louise!

Even Davina 👍

28 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It’s ok Ditchy, you don’t have to cover for me as I will own up to having not only sold his number, but signed him up to the National Incontinence Association.

He should receive his ‘welcome pack’ of pads any day now! 

And they will come in jolly useful.

I will send the used ones to YOU!   :cool1:

42 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It’s ok Ditchy, you don’t have to cover for me as I will own up to having not only sold his number, but signed him up to the National Incontinence Association.

He should receive his ‘welcome pack’ of pads any day now! 

He's doing the adverts for Tenna lady at the moment...........raking it in.....then he is lined up for a risky advert for Anusol....good money i hear

My misses upgraded my phone last Friday and this week i had a call off so called BT saying i had qualified for a £9 discount a month 

at first i thought ok then it got to where they wanted my bank details to set up a direct debit to claim the discount that's when i told him to go and ,./; 

his mother and give himself a brother  

I had a call yesterday from a market research company from Halifax Teamsearch  01422 code. 

No idea what they wanted but i kept asking why Halifax bank wanted to know if i was a home owner, renting or was paying mortgage. 

I was rather disappointed that the caller hung up on me after just 1 minute 44 seconds

Screenshot_20230921_190711_Phone.jpg

A couple of years ago I had a "double glazing" tossa on the phone. I made out I was very interested and kept him there for about 15 minutes. When it came to fixing a date for the measuring up, I told him that I will ask the council if they will contribute anything towards the cost.                                                                     He then said that he was sorry for wasting my time as they don't do council work.  I then replied, "No you haven't mate, I've wasted your time. I've owned this house for years. I'm fed up with you cold callers."    He then hung-up after saying that my parents weren't married........I did enjoy that call.

20 hours ago, Robden said:

A couple of years ago I had a "double glazing" tossa on the phone. I made out I was very interested and kept him there for about 15 minutes. When it came to fixing a date for the measuring up, I told him that I will ask the council if they will contribute anything towards the cost.                                                                     He then said that he was sorry for wasting my time as they don't do council work.  I then replied, "No you haven't mate, I've wasted your time. I've owned this house for years. I'm fed up with you cold callers."    He then hung-up after saying that my parents weren't married........I did enjoy that call.

That’s just juvenile.  The man was just trying to make a living. A short polite ‘ I’m not interest Thankyou’ would have been sufficient, no need to play the clown.

2 hours ago, scolopax said:

That’s just juvenile.  The man was just trying to make a living. A short polite ‘ I’m not interest Thankyou’ would have been sufficient, no need to play the clown.

You are quite correct, but when you are as old as I am, and have been pestered with as many "calls" as I have, you may understand.

6 hours ago, scolopax said:

Perhaps salesmen shouldn't be cold calling people in their homes. Any company worth it's salt does not need to do that to make a living.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Perhaps salesmen shouldn't be cold calling people in their homes. Any company worth it's salt does not need to do that to make a living.

Totally agree, you did not invite the call and in most circumstances its highly likely you have no intention of buying. 

Hands up PW members , who's had a call either phone or door knocking asking if your interested in buying a pork pie or a couple of lamb chops ???

3 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

and usually from outside the UK

And the ones law breaking don't give a fig as they know the law is toothless.?

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Totally agree, you did not invite the call and in most circumstances its highly likely you have no intention of buying. 

Hands up PW members , who's had a call either phone or door knocking asking if your interested in buying a pork pie or a couple of lamb chops ???

Not either of those Dougy but fish yes?