The Reckoning

steve_b_wales

I watched the first episode of the above last night, which is all about the life of the dirty stinking paedophile, Jimmy Saville. Played excellently by Steve Coogan. Myself and 1000's of other's liked JS in the 'old days' but watching the program last night, showed exactly what he was like. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Edited by steve_b_wales

I intend to watch it in catch-up as OH isn’t keen on watching it.
What little bit I did see ( was a bit busy ) last night seemed promising.
Looking forward to watching even though I know it is going to make me incredibly angry; it is an emotion I seem to be growing familiar with as I get older. 😀

I watched it all...skipping here and there...all four episodes on iPlayer. I also saw Coogan in the movie about Laurel and Hardy. He is certainly a very talented actor. I didn't see anyone playing the role of Esther Rantzen in the programmes at all. Unless I skipped over that part. If not one wonders why?

Edited by enfieldspares

16 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I watched it all...skipping here and there...all four episodes on iPlayer. I also saw Coogan in the movie about Laurel and Hardy. He is certainly a very talented actor. I didn't see anyone playing the role of Esther Rantzen in the programmes at all. Unless I skipped over that part. If not one wonders why?

I agree regards Coogan. I too watched him in Laurel and Hardy; I think along with Paul Whitehouse he is one of the most convincing actors I’ve ever seen. 

He certainly fooled many people at the time. I can remember when I was young there were rumours that he preyed on young girls and had people beat up in his night but he was always on TV and seen as a national treasure. Quite scary how someone could get away with that even back then. I have seen both episodes and think Steve Coogan has been outstanding in his portrayal of the vile paedophile that Saville was

I missed the first episode and watched the second one last night , I was about in his prime and he was treated as god , no one would hear a bad word about him and any rumours were swept under the carpet , would he had got away with his vile way of life in this day and age ? , Yes I believe he would had done , then when someone like him do finally get caught they say this must never happen again , and then the same thing is said again when the next one get caught , and the next and so on .  MM

1 hour ago, bottletopbill said:

steve-b-wales  sorry to but in but did you get the nuts this week.

PM sent

1 hour ago, Miserableolgit said:

I watched three episodes back to back last night. Granted it is a dramatisation depicting what I always thought was a pretty strange and odious individual [I too am ancient enough to remember his earlier years] I found the production, and Coogan's depiction in particular, to be well done.

I thought it was only two episodes that were made.