Can somebody help me

Bigbob

I picked up a new cookbook in a charity shop today Wild Feasts Game and fish cookbook 

Anybody any idea where i could get a Rattlesnake ?. 

Barbecue Rattlesnake 

One 3 foot long 2inch round rattlesnake skinned and cut into 4 pieces 

one bottle of Italian dressing 

one /two pounds of oak tree bark 

the menu's simple enough marinade snake 4 to8 hours then barbecue over  medium to high flames till golden brown , Serve drinks before serving to your guests  

46 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I would ask Ditchie or Harrycat , Harry had no doubt had one for his Sunday dinner with some gravy in a large Yorkshire pudding , and ditchie might had bought one off the reduced shelf at his local co op and stuck it in his slow cooker  .😋

ehy you...:big_boss:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

ehy you...:big_boss:

🤣🤣👍👍

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

im on the wagon............................(do you know where that saying comes from ?)

No I don't know where it comes from but a chap that worked with me in colliery in the 80's when he "fell off the wagon" we wouldn't see him for 3 or 4 days, he wouldn't go home just drink all the way through.

11 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

🤣🤣👍👍

No I don't know where it comes from but a chap that worked with me in colliery in the 80's when he "fell off the wagon" we wouldn't see him for 3 or 4 days, he wouldn't go home just drink all the way through.

years ago when the gibbet and scaffold were still in use at Tyburn.....the folk who would be hung were put on a cart and dragged by horse to tyburn....on the way they would stop at a pub and ask the person who ws going to be hung ...if he wanted a last drink..........if he said no...then he stayed "on the wagon"...and his short journey continued...

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

years ago when the gibbet and scaffold were still in use at Tyburn.....the folk who would be hung were put on a cart and dragged by horse to tyburn....on the way they would stop at a pub and ask the person who ws going to be hung ...if he wanted a last drink..........if he said no...then he stayed "on the wagon"...and his short journey continued...

👍👍👍👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2023 at 18:32, marsh man said:

I would ask Ditchie or Harrycat , Harry had no doubt had one for his Sunday dinner with some gravy in a large Yorkshire pudding , and ditchie might had bought one off the reduced shelf at his local co op and stuck it in his slow cooker  .😋

i have eaten snapper turtle.....aligator...and snake in florida when i was working there.....they all are greasy and taste like KFC

the most tasty is when i was in Zambia in the cane fields...we used to catch and kill and BBQ rat....which is very nice ..

53 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i have eaten snapper turtle.....aligator...and snake in florida when i was working there.....they all are greasy and taste like KFC

the most tasty is when i was in Zambia in the cane fields...we used to catch and kill and BBQ rat....which is very nice ..

Brilliant ... I dare say some members could supply you with some fresh Rats and we would look forward to how they were cooked on the barbie , I have had Coypu sandwiches and Squirrel in our shoots game casserole , but as of yet I have not had the pleasure of eating a Rat , and before anyone offer , It is not on my bucket list neither :drinks:

23 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Brilliant ... I dare say some members could supply you with some fresh Rats and we would look forward to how they were cooked on the barbie , I have had Coypu sandwiches and Squirrel in our shoots game casserole , but as of yet I have not had the pleasure of eating a Rat , and before anyone offer , It is not on my bucket list neither :drinks:

cane rats are much larger than yer bog standard rat ...and their diet is nearly 100% sugar cane.....you knock em on the head and pull their skin off ..hook the guts out spread them out onto hot embers and grind some salt on to them...we always kept a rock of salt (size of a tennis ball ) in the landrover and grind it against a stone ..onto the open rat....you eat everything ..the bones are soft and crunchy...........dont eat the tail tho

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

Not quite as exotic 

but 

I’ve eaten all sorts 

including curried fruit bat turtle eggs and coconut rat 

two out of three were good the third was 🤮