Credit to BASC

B725

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

“The man from BASC” was very helpful when he visited our DIY syndicate.

And it’s as pointless as broken pencil to point this out but;

BASC proposed a voluntary phase out of lead & single use plastic - albeit with terrible PR - not a ban.

But that nuance was lost on people at the time & clearly remains so.

👍

4 hours ago, Sweet11-87 said:

agreed. the plan was to show that the shooting community can be flexible and reasonable and at the same time control the situation on our terms on what was clearly coming down the line to us anyway.

ok it wasnt handled as well as it could have been, but realistically without basc wed be in a bit of a situation becasue who would have squared away the GL issue a few years back or the countless none starter court cases by packham. theyre also still pressing on about licencing turn around times. self fufilling prophersy  not suporting the only organisation with any really clout thats on our side.

i ask again whats SACS all about becasue if they have some clout or talk some sense ill become a member of that too.

👍

21 hours ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

The BASC bashers will always be a vocal minority on the forums, for reasons only known to themselves why they spend their time trying to put down BASC online rather than spend that time online supporting shooting,

How does one become a 'basher'? I suppose one way is to have a possibly genuine grievance or raise a criticism, which when either, or both, are raised are met with scorn and sidestepped by ensuring that term - irrespective of who initially coined it - lives on and so belittles the topic and the person raising it. Yep, that should do it. By refusing point blank to accept what has been muted could well be valid, the chance to make any correction and thus enhance the performance of and respect with which any organisation is held, is lost.

Edited by wymberley

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

How does one become a 'basher'? I suppose one way is to have a possibly genuine grievance or raise a criticism, which when either, or both, are raised are met with scorn and sidestepped by ensuring that term - irrespective of who initially coined it - lives on and so belittles the topic and the person raising it. Yep, that should do it. By refusing point blank to accept what has been muted could well be valid, the chance to make any correction and thus enhance the performance of and respect with which any organisation is held, is lost.

Indeed.

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

Very well put.

BASC are shootings equivalent of the NFU (National Farmers Union), start out with the best intentions for all it's membership but with voluntary and unnecessary regulations end up throwing pretty much there whole membership under the bus. They actually become puppets for you know who, very sad really as all there good genuine work dies with them.

@ninjaferret

In response to the OP's positive feedback about help their shoot had from BASC you commented that this was "a first for BASC". You then explained that "I was with BASC for years and years and just once when i needed help, i was dropped like a hot potato." You then explained that this was "a shoot issue". You then explained "they hadn't helped me at all".

Please could you email me at conor.ogorman@basc.org.uk with details of your complaint so that I can have this looked into. This will be done in confidence. And in the context of your comments above you might update PW members in this thread when you have emailed me?

So, now the vocal minority of BASC bashers on PW would like a discussion about BASC bashing in this thread to further deflect from the OP about BASC helping a shoot. The agenda by a vocal minority of BASC bashers on PW to put down BASC at every mention of BASC on PW has never been clearer, no matter how much gaslighting takes place to convince otherwise.

On 27/10/2023 at 16:18, B725 said:

I would just like to say I have been dealing with BASC regarding a possible issue on our little shoot and they could not have been more helpful so a 10 out of 10 from me. 

Thank you BASC.

Same thing with our club last year.

If it wasn’t for the BASC team, we may have not been shooting now.

37 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

@ninjaferret

In response to the OP's positive feedback about help their shoot had from BASC you commented that this was "a first for BASC". You then explained that "I was with BASC for years and years and just once when i needed help, i was dropped like a hot potato." You then explained that this was "a shoot issue". You then explained "they hadn't helped me at all".

Please could you email me at conor.ogorman@basc.org.uk with details of your complaint so that I can have this looked into. This will be done in confidence. And in the context of your comments above you might update PW members in this thread when you have emailed me?

Yes i will, although this was over 25 years ago, and are you contacting everyone else who has ever had an issue with Basc or just me ?

26 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

So, now the vocal minority of BASC bashers on PW would like a discussion about BASC bashing in this thread to further deflect from the OP about BASC helping a shoot. The agenda by a vocal minority of BASC bashers on PW to put down BASC at every mention of BASC on PW has never been clearer, no matter how much gaslighting takes place to convince otherwise.

Are you meaning me ?

29 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

Yes i will, although this was over 25 years ago, and are you contacting everyone else who has ever had an issue with Basc or just me ?

Thanks, I look forward to your email. As to why, you chose to raise your complaint from over a quarter of a century ago in this thread about positive feedback about BASC and that is how it has come to my attention. If any other issues come to my attention I would also act on those. I have been doing so on PW for a decade.

May I ask why the OP thread triggered you to post negative comments about BASC?

41 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

Thanks, I look forward to your email. As to why, you chose to raise your complaint from over a quarter of a century ago in this thread about positive feedback about BASC and that is how it has come to my attention. If any other issues come to my attention I would also act on those. I have been doing so on PW for a decade.

May I ask why the OP thread triggered you to post negative comments about BASC?

Yes i will be emailing you. And i have read my comments and fail to see where i make a complaint, i merely tell of my experience. 

I also note others on this thread who point fault at basc, have you asked them to email you or are you just singling me out ? 

Oh and i noticed you didn't answer my earlier question......

Edited by ninjaferret

@ninjaferret

For reasons you have yet to explain you jumped on this positive thread about BASC with a series of negative posts that ended in your assertion that BASC had not helped you with a 'shoot issue'.  You have then posted that these events took place over a quarter of a century ago. You are not being singled out - you chose to post what you did saying BASC did not help you - and I have asked you to email me the details to have that looked into. 

As regards your question about whether you are one of the vocal minority of BASC bashers on PW, I don't know, I guess that depends on what you post about BASC now and in the future.

53 minutes ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

@ninjaferret

For reasons you have yet to explain you jumped on this positive thread about BASC with a series of negative posts that ended in your assertion that BASC had not helped you with a 'shoot issue'.  You have then posted that these events took place over a quarter of a century ago. You are not being singled out - you chose to post what you did saying BASC did not help you - and I have asked you to email me the details to have that looked into. 

As regards your question about whether you are one of the vocal minority of BASC bashers on PW, I don't know, I guess that depends on what you post about BASC now and in the future.

Ok Conor O'gorman, so firstly, you have singled me out.

As you have said yourself you haven't messaged others that added a negative comment to the thread, like i did one comment.

I commented on my experience around 25 years ago. I have a right to free speech regardless of whether you like it or not.

YES i was going to email you but i have decided, not to again this is my choice. 

I ask you if BASC did not, would not, could not help me 25 years ago, what do you expect to do now ?

Conor O'Gorman,

I ask simply out of interest. Because of his full PW nom de plume we know where we are with David, could I just ask - I appreciate that you're based in Rossett but so are many other folk - and if you're happy to say, are you posting for and on behalf of BASC or simply just as a PW member? I have noted that you've been with PW for longer than the decade which you mention being with BASC.

Edited by wymberley

@ninjaferret

Let's return to the facts shall we.

In response to the OP's positive feedback about help their shoot had from BASC you posted that this was "a first for BASC". You then posted that "I was with BASC for years and years and just once when i needed help, i was dropped like a hot potato." You then posted that this was "a shoot issue". You then posted "they hadn't helped me at all". You then posted "this was over 25 years ago".

Now after all of these and other posts of yours, in a thread that was about positive feedback about BASC, you are now saying that actually you are not going to email me with details despite twice posting that you would do so. Nor have you explained your motivation to post negative comments in the first instance. And you appear not have not answered several questions from other PW members about your posts in this thread. 

1 hour ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

@ninjaferret

Let's return to the facts shall we.

In response to the OP's positive feedback about help their shoot had from BASC you posted that this was "a first for BASC". You then posted that "I was with BASC for years and years and just once when i needed help, i was dropped like a hot potato." You then posted that this was "a shoot issue". You then posted "they hadn't helped me at all". You then posted "this was over 25 years ago".

Now after all of these and other posts of yours, in a thread that was about positive feedback about BASC, you are now saying that actually you are not going to email me with details despite twice posting that you would do so. Nor have you explained your motivation to post negative comments in the first instance. And you appear not have not answered several questions from other PW members about your posts in this thread. 

OK FACT 1

You are singling me out, because you don't like what i said. 

FACT 2 

There was one question i chose not to answer because the person was just been nosey

FACT 3

I posted my opinion based on my experience , it's called freedom of speech.

Yes i did say i'd email you but have chose not to , that's called my choice. If you'd like to PM me with your number i'll give you a call . 

19 hours ago, Conor O'Gorman said:

The Story of the 'Homer Simpson Backs Into the Bushes' Meme

@ninjaferret , you are obviously an anti shooting troll, and likely related to Packham, you simply cant come on here and exercise your freely held opinion regarding BASC , Conor doesnt like it , and will call you out for your opinion every time.
BASC is the voice of shooting, and without it , we wouldnt even have guns, and without them holding him off , Packham would likely be PM.:lol:

As to the 'vocal minority' I suspect they are far more numerous than some would expect.
Shall we do a poll ?

27 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

FACT 3

I posted my opinion based on my experience , it's called freedom of speech.

And my opinion is you seem to be one for holding grudges.  25years ***.

Why not invite your BASC rep up,  this century, to have a look at your  shoot and see if he can help you/offer any constructive feedback?  Worked for our DIY syndicate.

Not sure where raking over things from 25 years ago will get you, other than going round in circles.

Now Vodafone on the other hand, there's an organisation that's worth holding a generational grudge against.

31 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

FACT 1

You are singling me out, because you don't like what i said. 

That's not a fact, that is your opinion. I have asked you to send me details of your case because you posted that you had a specific issue with BASC. If anyone else had done the same I would have asked them for details also as I have done on many other occasions on PW. I did not say I did not like what you said. That is your opinion. I am interested in the facts and to help where I can and I will PM you now so that we can bottom this out offline.