Suella Braverman sacked

JDog

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

JKD - perhaps you can explain this for me. I remain confused.

As I didn't write or experience that, I can't help,,,, or fully understand it myself. But,,,, I do try to understand his 'voicings', and not criticise them. Please show a little respect, thanks 👍

Anyway,,,, please continue discussing the female politician who is currently unemployed 🙂

Edited by JKD

3 hours ago, Red696 said:

Braverman is as much a racist as Abbot, and as delusional as Truss.

Her narrative created the right wing unrest at the weekend, and gave the Hamas supporting retards the green light to behave like wise.  

I’m no fan of the Met, corruption from top to bottom has been proven time and again, but her ‘rant’ was about promoting herself and not about law and order.  The law is clear and she knew that beforehand, if she wants the law changing then she is in the correct place to put that change in place and she knows it..

Our country and its politics needs change.  We need a health service for for purpose, an education system that sticks to education and not religious doctrine / woke agendas, a benefit system that protects those in need and not those of want.  Immigration has to be suited to the needs of the country and its economy, not just the free for all we’ve had for decades. The Industrial scale lobbying carried out by national and international business should be outlawed.

I'd vote for that.

12 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

JKD - five posters had a problem with what clangerman was saying, but you select my post and say show a little respect, whilst ignoring more critical posts. Why?

Perhaps you need to take your own advice, by not diverting from the thread to snipe.

Not sniping at anyone, and I quoted another member's reply as well. I was merely pointing out a flaw, which I picked up on a couple of years ago and the member kindly explained. I'm just pointing that out to you, and other members also. Please just try and 'read between the lines' to clangerman's replies, or simply ignore them 🤷

Now please get back on topic 👍

55 minutes ago, JKD said:

With all due respect, clangerman is very dyslexic, also very honest 😉

It’s not the grammar, it’s the content. 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

don’t be confused by my lack of respect for the establishment those who step up are an exception cap is actually the only man I address as sir because he’s earned it 

I have no idea what you’re talking about…..again. 
Personally I don’t address anyone as sir, nor do I expect it. 

Politics in this country are beyond farcical now; if the Home Secretary can’t criticise the rozzers then who can? 
There will never be any consistency of policy or the will to carry such through, if there are sackings or resignations every week.
The Tories are finished, and the annoying thing about is, is that they’ve ( once again ) done it to themselves in the face of a totally mediocre and ineffective opposition. 
History repeats ( with the slightest of variations )….. so it’s Labour at the next GE, until the bottom falls out of the economy and off on the old merry go round we trundle again. 
Different faces, same old ****! 

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Politics in this country are beyond farcical now; if the Home Secretary can’t criticise the rozzers then who can? 
There will never be any consistency of policy or the will to carry such through, if there are sackings or resignations every week.
The Tories are finished, and the annoying thing about is, is that they’ve ( once again ) done it to themselves in the face of a totally mediocre and ineffective opposition. 
History repeats ( with the slightest of variations )….. so it’s Labour at the next GE, until the bottom falls out of the economy and off on the old merry go round we trundle again. 

now I understand that :) and all very true, what a bloody mess.

1 minute ago, Scully said:

and the annoying thing about is, is that they’ve ( once again ) done it to themselves in the face of a totally mediocre and ineffective opposition.

I think the problem here is that most people to want to be MPs (i.e. put themselves forward as candidates) are just the wrong sort of people for the job.  Bullying, preening, narcissistic, greedy, pushy, deceitful, devious, untruthful are words that could be applied to many MPs.

Most 'decent people' don't want 'the limelight', 'power over others', and whatever else drives people to be MPs. 

If people are good at what the do (and I mean very good, the top maybe 1% or less) they will make big money in business, industry, commerce, or the professions.  Some MPs have - often in the law (Starmer, Geoffrey Cox, 85 in total apparently) or the city (Sunak, Andrew Mitchell, John Redwood, Rees Mogg and no doubt several others).  In fact MPs get a good salary for a fairly cushy number - with fantastic expenses, pensions and perks, but it isn't the BIG money people at the top of business get.  Only a few get that from theiir political career from things. like after dinner speaking engagements, book deals etc.

There is old saying (a quote from George Bernard Shaw I believe) which goes "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach" - one might now add "and those that can't teach might try to become an MP"

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s not the grammar, it’s the content.

If you can't understand it, just ignore it. I try to read his replies, and sometimes I make sense of them,,,, other times not and just 'walk on by' 🙂 I mean no disrespect to anyone, but others on here couldn't see string a sentence together either,,,, don't ever see criticism towards them 🤷

15 minutes ago, Scully said:

On topic,,,, I'd agree with this entirely. Can't suggest a good solution, so I'm off on the merry-go-round 🥴

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

She had an unfortunate habit of being right.

That may be so (although it rather depends on your point of view), however, she didn't manage to actually do much about it and the Rwanda thing may all come unwound this week ........ if the courts rule what she has been trying to do unlawful

18 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

She had an unfortunate habit of being right.

Right about the protests

Right about the boat people

Right about Rwanda 

Rishi obviously felt she was a threat.

Take issue with the Rwanda solution, that was never a  go-er? The solution is to stop the free handouts and easy tickets. 

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

I see Steve Barclay been confirmed as the new environment secretary, anyone know his stance on shooting and the countryside? Good or bad guy?

No, but he's ex Army, and a Rugby fan according to wiki - which doesn't mean much, but ex Army people aren't noted for being anti firearms normally.