Prince Harry

Bigbob

21 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Just been on the news he lost his case against the mail and has to pay £48,000 in damages 

Will he manage it or daddy pay it for xmas ?>

I think you'll find that's just 'on account'; the full costs are still to be decided.  Then there will be his own costs ............

Taking major national newspapers to court is not a cheap business.

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think you'll find that's just 'on account'; the full costs are still to be decided.  Then there will be his own costs ............

Taking major national newspapers to court is not a cheap business.

and not forgetting all the other cases he has ongoing.........i think his wife is happy for him to crash and burn...it will save on divorce costs

am i cynical ?

6 hours ago, Gordon R said:

He seems to assume that any court case will go his way, because of who he is, rather than decided on evidence. 

Just a bit thick.

the common theme / description that runs thro' all these Prince Harry threads ...is ................THICK

10 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Just been on the news he lost his case against the mail and has to pay £48,000 in damages 

Will he manage it or daddy pay it for xmas ?>

He hasn’t lost his case he has lost an application for part of the Mail defence to be struck out. The main libel case has yet to be heard. I suggest you hold your comments until it has. This is just the usual legal positioning prior to the main event.

4 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

This is just the usual legal positioning prior to the main event.

Another way of looking at it is the Judge making the point that this case will be expensive and whoever loses will end up with the bill.  It's a lot of money to put out unless you are really certain of a win.  As you say, the main case has yet to be heard, but losing the initial 'skirmish' may send a powerful message.   This is a libel case, and it is entirely possible to win the case, but end up with a miniscule award of damages - unless you can demonstrate the libel has caused substantial damages.  This is "over an article which claimed his PR aides tried to 'spin' his dispute with the Home Office over its decision to downgrade his taxpayer-funded police protection".  It is difficult to see how that article could have caused "substantial damages".

Harry was asking "the High Court to rule that the newspaper could not use a legal defence of 'honest opinion', and for a judge to rule in his favour without a public trial."   The Judge has not allowed this , so it will go to a public trial (unless an out of court settlement is agreed) and I think the judge is sending the message that will be expensive

Just my thoughts.

‘Oh what a tangled web we weave, when at first we practise to deceive.’

I think him and his missus have plotted from the outset to play the part of victim throughout this entire farce, and are depending on that and the alleged ‘damages’ incurred as a cash cow. 
I’m assuming eventually people will see through them and it will all end in tears. 
Saying that, I can’t believe I’m remotely interested, but deceit does anger me greatly, so that’s my excuse. 

8 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

He hasn’t lost his case he has lost an application for part of the Mail defence to be struck out. The main libel case has yet to be heard. I suggest you hold your comments until it has. This is just the usual legal positioning prior to the main event.

News reported he had lost his case and had to pat £48.000 only saying what the scottish news reported 

4 hours ago, Scully said:

‘Oh what a tangled web we weave, when at first we practise to deceive.’

I think him and his missus have plotted from the outset to play the part of victim throughout this entire farce, and are depending on that and the alleged ‘damages’ incurred as a cash cow. 
I’m assuming eventually people will see through them and it will all end in tears. 
Saying that, I can’t believe I’m remotely interested, but deceit does anger me greatly, so that’s my excuse. 

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Lads had a sheltered up bringing , Hes going to get a few knocks now 

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Folk are getting fed up of him , just because he's a royal cant do what he wants , He's newer going to be a patch on his mum 

just about says it all  (above).........................he is going to end up filing for banqruptsy then he will crash and burn....and that will be that.................then Markle will write a book about it all..and earn shed loads....then the rights will be sold to net flix for a shed load...........

am i wrong 

what a foul mess

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Big shock to him being a royal folk are going to say no to him 

Proved he's no a clever lad saying how many Taliban he killed how long did they wait to get Salam Rushdie ?. how long will they wait for a Royal ?.

its on the cards i rekon

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

no fan of royals but the boy stood by his convictions and faced the non stop stone throwers alone what being British is about so now £148,000 richer time the boy was cut some slack! 

dosnt make up for him emptying his bottom on his own family............

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

no fan of royals but the boy stood by his convictions and faced the non stop stone throwers alone what being British is about so now £140,600 richer time the boy was cut some slack! 

Minus £58,000 he had to pay the other side's legal fees, plus probably other expenses he won't get back.

I think he may well be out of pocket.

12 minutes ago, London Best said:

Do any of you really think he will even notice another £140,000? 
Of course he won’t.

He was seeking £440K for 33 instances occurred.

He got £150K for 15 of the instances.  Not clear whether he was awarded any costs.  At a guess for a 5 week trial, costs will be maybe £50K a week?

I think he might have incurred a loss on this one if he didn't get 'costs'.

58 minutes ago, London Best said:

Do any of you really think he will even notice another £140,000? 
Of course he won’t.

his and hers are a high maintenance liestyle......i wager they are spending more than they earn...and the revinue streams are / have dried up.....they are a busted flush...they really need to cut down on expenditure....otherwise they will be downsising every other year........they will never "tap" the royal purse..........so i really cant see where there revinue (future) will come from....there are only so many lie books they can produce....if she goes back to acting or doings adverts it wont even pay for the cleaning products for 14 bathrooms..