Who buys them ?.

samboy

36 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just watching the Beretta factory on Youtube and they make 1200 guns every day. Plus all the other gun makers.

Where do all the guns go ?. 

world wide customer base I guess, but when you add in products from Browning, Miroku, Blaser, Winchester, Zoli etc etc etc there must be a lot of guns made each year

41 minutes ago, marsh man said:

So do I ( I G ) , trouble is , all the gunmakers that made mine are all below ground level and some by a good number of years :lol: 

Well the fact that the guns are still about after all that use proves something

39 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Never bought a new gun L B , ( New ) second hand , or maybe several hands yes , but never owned from new , same with a car as well . :drinks:

Pretty much the same here. 
The only new shotgun I ever had was one my wife bought me for a wedding present in 1975, as I had said I ought to get a cheap Spanish gun because my  1906 Charles Rosson was not enjoying life on the Wash. I still use that cheap gun, in fact I used it last night to shoot the Mallard we have just eaten for tea.

On 01/02/2024 at 15:28, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just watching the Beretta factory on Youtube and they make 1200 guns every day. Plus all the other gun makers.

Where do all the guns go ?. 

Take into account all the military / police/ production , pistols as well as shotguns .Those made under the Beretta name and those made under other names ,Franchi  for example and the numbers add up .

Well I don't know the validity of the numbers being produced.  Recently there were about 5000 guns sold at the holts auction, a lot of them at silly give away prices.  I was told that the majority were exported to the states.  A gunshop had a rack of what looked like new guns but the owner of the shop said that new guns sold a bit but that there was no market at all for S/H even though they were like brand new.  When you look on here at guns for sale there are an about of views but very few even get a question let alone a bid or sale.  Another thing is the new prices.  I have an AyA #2 rounded action. It is a lovely gun but now they appear to be a special order and about £12 thousand .!!  how many sell at that sort of price.? the numbers don't add up.

Well I don't know the validity of the numbers being produced.  Recently there were about 5000 guns sold at the holts auction, a lot of them at silly give away prices.  I was told that the majority were exported to the states.  A gunshop had a rack of what looked like new guns but the owner of the shop said that new guns sold a bit but that there was no market at all for S/H even though they were like brand new.  When you look on here at guns for sale there are an about of views but very few even get a question let alone a bid or sale.  Another thing is the new prices.  I have an AyA #2  rounded action and I believe that there is an order period of nearly two years and the current price is in the region of £12000.  This is silly money and I wonder how many of these they sell.  all new guns are a lot of money in a time of financial squeeze.