By-elections

ditchman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oowee said:

4/5 years? Tories have been in place for the last dozen. 

Recession is one thing but economic decline and the parlous state of finance is another. Record debts, record taxation. Poor public services, housing crisis, green pledges broken, power generation inadequate, legal aid broken, prison service overwhelmed, armed services under staffed, nhs short of doctors, brexit. I cannot think of one area of govt that is performing well and now we have cuts in standards and attacks on our human rights. 

So yes I do put the blame at the tories door. 

I wish we had the economic position of the German economy. 

I will see your Tory and raise you welsh labour, if you think your nhs is bad look at welsh labor, if you think public services are bad welsh labour is worse, in fact welsh labour are better at screwing everything up than the tories.

Before you wish for labour to be in power look across the border into Wales where labour have ruined everything they have touched and continue to destroy our country.

4 hours ago, welsh1 said:

I will see your Tory and raise you welsh labour, if you think your nhs is bad look at welsh labor, if you think public services are bad welsh labour is worse, in fact welsh labour are better at screwing everything up than the tories.

Before you wish for labour to be in power look across the border into Wales where labour have ruined everything they have touched and continue to destroy our country.

I don't wish for labour in power. I wish for the tories to be out. With our ridiculous first past the post politics we are continual victims of the irrational. No party in power can deliver meaningful change. The mandate too small the time frame too short. 

We can at best vear right and left and hope for periods of crossing the middle ground. 90% of us want pretty much the same thing. We have no system to protect us from the "excesses of democracy". 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yes

It's hard to bankrupt the already bankrupt and broken. 

29 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

+1

And yet somehow Labour will manage to.

and if you think the Tories have done nothing in stopping the boats wait till Starmer is in number 10.

he's so deluded he reckons that he can just "do a deal with Europe" that basically means France, a country that should be speaking German if it wasn't for us (twice) and they still hate us!

best of luck with that👍

13 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

and if you think the Tories have done nothing in stopping the boats wait till Starmer is in number 10.

he's so deluded he reckons that he can just "do a deal with Europe" that basically means France, a country that should be speaking German if it wasn't for us (twice) and they still hate us!

best of luck with that👍

but,in saying that,the Tory clowns have just done a deal with the Belgians!

WHY?

6 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Because they do not want to control our borders. Legal immigration proves that.

but,if you can believe what they say (😂🤣😂🤣😂) the numbers will come down by more than half because of the measures that will take effect in the next couple of months.

Just wait for all the promises from the Conservatives with the general election comes up, the fact they've had the last 27 years to deliver on what they promise will be conveniently forgotten.

Unfortunately Labour is going to get in this time, but it does give us a chance to show the tories we're not buying their lies this time around. If Reform get a big enough share of the vote and or win enough seats, we could see a huge shift for the better, as the tories will need to sit up and listen to the little people for once.

49 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

the fact they've had the last 27 years to deliver

So the train crash years that where Blair/Brown were Tory years?  We still have not recovered from this because of the woke civil service they engendered.

49 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

. If Reform get a big enough share of the vote and or win enough seats, we could see a huge shift for the better

It took UKIP 20 years to get to this stage  -  the disaster of a labour gov for the real working man, even if it only lasts 5 years, will take 20 years to correct for the wealth creators.

44 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

So the train crash years that where Blair/Brown were Tory years?  We still have not recovered from this because of the woke civil service they engendered.

This sounds so familiar from Orban's Hungary. Oust the civil servants (Cummins plan), control the inconvenient media (BBC), cut back on acess to the law (legal aid), withdraw from inconvenient institutions (ECHR, EU), blame decline on an enemy (EU, immigration, woke, Rainbow) and you have all the ingredients for authoritarianism. Be careful what you wish for. 

38 minutes ago, redial said:

It’s going to be a landslide come the election, which is worrying for field sports and the country as a whole.

🤣 are you not concerned now? If your not the rest of the country is. Anyone not feeling the oppression that is this Tory dog pile is in a very privileged position. 

Just now, oowee said:

🤣 are you not concerned now? If your not the rest of the country is. Anyone not feeling the oppression that is this Tory dog pile is in a very privileged position. 

I have rarely read such complete tosh before.

The only oppression that has been inflicted on me has come from that a.......e Genghis Khan, and I am just a poor old pensioner.

1 hour ago, amateur said:

I have rarely read such complete tosh before.

The only oppression that has been inflicted on me has come from that a.......e Genghis Khan, and I am just a poor old pensioner.

don't argue or get sucked in by the leftists or they'll start calling you funny woke names😉

14 hours ago, oowee said:

You really think they could do worse? 🤦

Yes

Up till now they have been promising us the world because it’s easy to do that when you’re not in power.

Now it looks like they will probably win they are already back peddling on their promises.

:shaun:

7 hours ago, oowee said:

This sounds so familiar from Orban's Hungary. Oust the civil servants (Cummins plan), control the inconvenient media (BBC), cut back on acess to the law (legal aid), withdraw from inconvenient institutions (ECHR, EU), blame decline on an enemy (EU, immigration, woke, Rainbow) and you have all the ingredients for authoritarianism. Be careful what you wish for. 

You've a point there 👍

8 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

It took UKIP 20 years to get to this stage  -  the disaster of a labour gov for the real working man, even if it only lasts 5 years, will take 20 years to correct for the wealth creators.

You are of course right that part of those 27 years were Blair and Brown years, but I hope we can both agree they were not better either, I would suggest they were worse and probably the start of another major decline for the UK. All that time, the Cons had the opportunity to come up with a better way of running things, but they didn't. This country needs change, to vote for the same two parties is madness in my opinion, you are literally voting for more of the same.

On 17/02/2024 at 00:44, welsh1 said:

Yep - and they are actually escalating - I present the Clean Air Bill - Wales will be the first country defined as a Clean Air Zone and will introduce road user charging across the whole country 

On 17/02/2024 at 07:38, Zoli 12 guage said:

Oh, I do believe Starmer will stop the dinghy's - he will replace them with ferries and on board will be Civil Servants handing out UK Citizen Passports. They are not illegal then....

1 minute ago, discobob said:

......Oh, I do believe Starmer will stop the dinghy's - he will replace them with ferries and on board will be Civil Servants handing out UK Citizen Passports. They are not illegal then....

Anything to fiddle the votes in Labour’s favour.

On 17/02/2024 at 14:54, oowee said:

Please look up what Luke Pollard wants to do concerning gun ownership before you decide to vote Labour.

Barring any kind of huge scandal before November, Labour will be winning the election. I do think there’s an outside chance that they won’t get a majority, which will prevent them enacting some of their more extreme proposals.

To anyone who owns a firearm of any kind, and is particularly bothered about keeping it, don’t vote Labour. It’s as simple as that.