Have you had to do this?

harrycatcat1

I bought two pairs of Grub neoprene wellingtons and within weeks they started leaking and made my sock wet near to my big toe. It really didn't bother me too much but last Sunday my sock was wet through.

I contacted Grubs and after "jumping through a few hoops" and filling the wellies with water to film the leak they advised me I would receive a refund if I cut their branding off.

Screenshot_20240216_195537_Gallery.jpg

7 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

From experience 🤔🤔😉😉🤣🤣👍

Yes. Sadly so. Sadly so.

Like the old joke about the shepherd defending himself in Magistrates' Court.

"So have you anything to say in your defence? This disgusting thing you've done? What say you?"

"Just that they didn't seem to mind it much, your Worship. Except when I tried to kiss them as well."

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Yes. Sadly so. Sadly so.

Like the old joke about the shepherd defending himself in Magistrates' Court.

"So have you anything to say in your defence? This disgusting thing you've done? What say you?"

"Just that they didn't seem to mind it much, your Worship. Except when I tried to kiss them as well."

😉😉😉😉👍👍👍

On 16/02/2024 at 18:49, billytheghillie said:

you cut the buckle off as it was snagging on things.

Done this before, when using them out fly fishing, lines gets caught on buckle.

Quite, I have bought a paid of industrial neoprene wellies by Dunlop, NO straps, just for fishing.

On 16/02/2024 at 19:56, harrycatcat1 said:

I bought two pairs of Grub neoprene wellingtons and within weeks they started leaking and made my sock wet near to my big toe. It really didn't bother me too much but last Sunday my sock was wet through.

I contacted Grubs and after "jumping through a few hoops" and filling the wellies with water to film the leak they advised me I would receive a refund if I cut their branding off.

Screenshot_20240216_195537_Gallery.jpg

They've a damn cheek. You were due the refund. Perhaps you should have replied: I've a better idea: give me the refund, or I'll plaster it all over interweb and really cut your brand off.

I had a similar request on a different make of wellies, it is to stop people claiming a refund, and then selling the faulty wellies on an auction site or similar,  when I returned my wellies to the shop, they cut the branding labels off and returned them to the manufacturer as proof so the shop would be credited for them.

1 hour ago, Jimscott said:

They've a damn cheek. You were due the refund. Perhaps you should have replied: I've a better idea: give me the refund, or I'll plaster it all over interweb and really cut your brand off.

That sort of makes sense, but its still meant to dissociate the brand from the fault, and they've no legal right to set conditions on the refund. They just dont want to pay to have the faulty goods returned. You'd think they'd want them to inspect the cause of the leak. Then again, they might have had others returned from the same batch previously. I am cynical I admit.

I've got a couple of pairs of wellies that  various dogs have modified by chewing the tops so that the legs are angled down at the back. In a way it sort of takes the chaffe factor out of the back. Bloody dogs.it must be my fault for not putting them where the dogs can't get at them. 

Edited by Minky